Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2002, 07:24 PM   #1   [permalink]
EinAndEd0000
Executive Member
 
EinAndEd0000's Avatar
 
Join Date: 16 Feb 2002
Location: a flying pony
Posts: 482
MYSQL Help...

not neded.]
can sumbudy tell me if this supports phpBB...? it doesnt does it?
__________________
.:: |EinAndEd0000| ::.

Last edited by EinAndEd0000; 01-03-2002 at 09:06 PM.
EinAndEd0000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2002, 07:45 PM   #2   [permalink]
bahwebguy
Member
 
Join Date: 19 Dec 2001
Posts: 50
Send a message via Yahoo to bahwebguy
If you have PHP on the server than it probably supports PHPbb. PHPbb is nothing but PHP os yes I believe it does. The best thing to do, try it and see if it works! You shouldnt make phpinfo.php that easy to get to unless you want to get hacked....
bahwebguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2002, 08:03 PM   #3   [permalink]
EinAndEd0000
Executive Member
 
EinAndEd0000's Avatar
 
Join Date: 16 Feb 2002
Location: a flying pony
Posts: 482
Quote:
Originally posted by bahwebguy
If you have PHP on the server than it probably supports PHPbb. PHPbb is nothing but PHP os yes I believe it does. The best thing to do, try it and see if it works! You shouldnt make phpinfo.php that easy to get to unless you want to get hacked....
well thats teh thing.. I dont know if I have mysql.. so I dont know the mysql password.......
__________________
.:: |EinAndEd0000| ::.
EinAndEd0000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2002, 08:41 PM   #4   [permalink]
Keiichi
Executive Member
 
Keiichi's Avatar
 
Join Date: 19 Jul 2000
Location: At home...
Posts: 402
editing the thread and changing .php to NO! won't stop people from copying the url and put it in the address and put php for NO! ya know

I looked at your host's site, and it appears you don't have a mysql database. You have a MS Access one though. That's what happens if you sign up on a host with ASP in their name... they're gonna microsoft products on the server...
__________________
K1
"Belldandy's drunk? But why now?!...No way...because of COLA?" :goof:
Keiichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2002, 08:51 PM   #5   [permalink]
bahwebguy
Member
 
Join Date: 19 Dec 2001
Posts: 50
Send a message via Yahoo to bahwebguy
It may not... It does say MSaccess and i think PHP can interact with it, but i dont know how. Try another free host.
bahwebguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2002, 09:08 PM   #6   [permalink]
EinAndEd0000
Executive Member
 
EinAndEd0000's Avatar
 
Join Date: 16 Feb 2002
Location: a flying pony
Posts: 482
Quote:
Originally posted by bahwebguy
It may not... It does say MSaccess and i think PHP can interact with it, but i dont know how. Try another free host.
well It had 100 megs so I wanted to see what it was like....
__________________
.:: |EinAndEd0000| ::.
EinAndEd0000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2002, 09:41 PM   #7   [permalink]
Keiichi
Executive Member
 
Keiichi's Avatar
 
Join Date: 19 Jul 2000
Location: At home...
Posts: 402
here are the functions you can use to access databases other than mysql using php: http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.odbc.php

might be complicated though...
__________________
K1
"Belldandy's drunk? But why now?!...No way...because of COLA?" :goof:
Keiichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2002, 09:51 PM   #8   [permalink]
EinAndEd0000
Executive Member
 
EinAndEd0000's Avatar
 
Join Date: 16 Feb 2002
Location: a flying pony
Posts: 482
Quote:
Originally posted by Keiichi
here are the functions you can use to access databases other than mysql using php: http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.odbc.php

might be complicated though...
okay thanks...
__________________
.:: |EinAndEd0000| ::.
EinAndEd0000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2002, 10:12 PM   #9   [permalink]
bahwebguy
Member
 
Join Date: 19 Dec 2001
Posts: 50
Send a message via Yahoo to bahwebguy
Do you know PHP VERY VERY VERY well.... If not, then u might wanna find another BB that supports access
bahwebguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2002, 10:42 PM   #10   [permalink]
EinAndEd0000
Executive Member
 
EinAndEd0000's Avatar
 
Join Date: 16 Feb 2002
Location: a flying pony
Posts: 482
Quote:
Originally posted by bahwebguy
Do you know PHP VERY VERY VERY well.... If not, then u might wanna find another BB that supports access
yeah I know... Ill either wait for snitz to come out with 4 (which will be FORVEVER) or Ill use iB..........
__________________
.:: |EinAndEd0000| ::.
EinAndEd0000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2002, 06:22 PM   #11   [permalink]
Keiichi
Executive Member
 
Keiichi's Avatar
 
Join Date: 19 Jul 2000
Location: At home...
Posts: 402
Yeah.. I suggest another host. Access database isn't something that's very easy to use unless you're knowledged with the database, which are usually those of IT professionals. Access is not commonly used with most websites out there also. It's possibly e-business stuff, like Oracle...

Stick with SQL or flatfiles.
__________________
K1
"Belldandy's drunk? But why now?!...No way...because of COLA?" :goof:
Keiichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2002, 06:58 PM   #12   [permalink]
EinAndEd0000
Executive Member
 
EinAndEd0000's Avatar
 
Join Date: 16 Feb 2002
Location: a flying pony
Posts: 482
Quote:
Originally posted by Keiichi
Yeah.. I suggest another host. Access database isn't something that's very easy to use unless you're knowledged with the database, which are usually those of IT professionals. Access is not commonly used with most websites out there also. It's possibly e-business stuff, like Oracle...

Stick with SQL or flatfiles.
DAHA! phpbb2 has a ms access selcet menu for databases!
__________________
.:: |EinAndEd0000| ::.
EinAndEd0000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2002, 11:43 PM   #13   [permalink]
Keiichi
Executive Member
 
Keiichi's Avatar
 
Join Date: 19 Jul 2000
Location: At home...
Posts: 402
that's good if you want to stay with it, but remember not too many other scripts out there has that compatability, so you might be limiting yourself on what other things you may add later on.
__________________
K1
"Belldandy's drunk? But why now?!...No way...because of COLA?" :goof:
Keiichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2002, 12:16 AM   #14   [permalink]
EinAndEd0000
Executive Member
 
EinAndEd0000's Avatar
 
Join Date: 16 Feb 2002
Location: a flying pony
Posts: 482
Quote:
Originally posted by Keiichi
that's good if you want to stay with it, but remember not too many other scripts out there has that compatability, so you might be limiting yourself on what other things you may add later on.
what kind fo bb do you suggest?
__________________
.:: |EinAndEd0000| ::.
EinAndEd0000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2002, 02:52 PM   #15   [permalink]
Keiichi
Executive Member
 
Keiichi's Avatar
 
Join Date: 19 Jul 2000
Location: At home...
Posts: 402
Do you want a simple board or a board chocked full of options?

most known boards out there are full of options now such as phpBB(2), ikonBoard(3), vBulletin (not free).

Some small and simple boards are like YaBB (yet another BB). I can't remember others... i only keep up with the three boards mentioned above.
__________________
K1
"Belldandy's drunk? But why now?!...No way...because of COLA?" :goof:
Keiichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.