Old 20-02-2002, 07:28 PM   #1   [permalink]
tekblade
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to tekblade Send a message via AIM to tekblade
Hellsing thread

im just wondering if anyone has seen it, ive seen a 1,2,3 and bits of others, and i thought it was cool and i think gonzo is part of it also cause i saw them in the end credits. its very dark and kick ass to me
Old 20-02-2002, 08:01 PM   #2   [permalink]
Fatal Outlaw
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to Fatal Outlaw
im interested in watching hellsing, although up to now, the only ones uve heard about it is its dark. so can anyone give out a summary, like something you'll see in a back of a dvd box?
Fatal Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2002, 08:04 PM   #3   [permalink]
Darklightz
Forum Elite

It's amazing!You can't help but like Alucard.He is what every man wishes to be;powerful,self-controlled,fully knowledgable at what he does and he's got a cool trenchcoat and hat!

And the plot keeps you going from the beginning.wich is very rare to see in today's animes
Old 20-02-2002, 08:33 PM   #4   [permalink]
Kodachi
Forum Junkie

Watched 9 eps, kickass anime, great fockin' action, very cool characters.

The plot is kinda nonexistant in my eyes though, if you discount the Anderson\Alucard rivalry (VERY good stuff there) there's not a lot else of interest. Freak chips at large, be dismayed~~ And a lot of vampire related nonsense.

Still, very cool anime. Episodes 5-7 are bloody amazing (and I do mean bloody).
Kodachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2002, 08:38 PM   #5   [permalink]
Takahashi
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to Takahashi
Hellsing, a story about a secret organisation that fights monsters in the underground. A government blackops as it were, that fights supernaturals beings like vampires, ghould, werewolves, etc of the western world. Hellsing is situated in Great Britain(aka England), Europe. The story is viewed from the point of a recently turned to vampire police woman, her name has slipped my mind. To say that Hellsing is a hypocrite departement that uses supernatural beings to fight supernatural being is grossly a misunderstanding, cause humans ability could only get them so far. With the help of AlucarD(Dracula, a vampire), Hellsing tries to fight off these supernatural beings. Like Vash the Stampede, Alucard is a superpower extraodinair, he is very well aware of his capabilities and doesn't hide them under the table either(he can't stop yabbing about it).

Right now the fansubbers are at 9-10, I have only seen up to ep 1 to 6 and 9(yes, I was impatient). Its looks good, nice style, a bit dark at the start, but its gets brighter. Though Alucard alternate form isn't what I would say cool or awsome, but it works for him so its fine with me. BTW this show has been licensed by Pioneer or some other company, but the fansubbers still bringing it out so how bad good it be
Takahashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2002, 09:26 PM   #6   [permalink]
heerogf
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to heerogf Send a message via Yahoo to heerogf
i didn't think it was dark, sure there's alot of gore and vampires, i would say it is in the COOL anime caterogry with trigun and cowboy bebop
heerogf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2002, 07:15 AM   #7   [permalink]
Dlaiyre

i seen 1 - 7, it was great, a friend of mine compared it to nge, but personnally i see it as nothing near nge, its good too watch, but does not give you much to think about, alucard is smoothe' and in control, from what i've seen it can get a lot better but (more into the vampires (possibly something that alu doesn't absolutely rape with a stick (can i say that?))) ;x

Aim: Dlaiyre
MSN: Dlaiyre@hotmail.com
Email: Dlaiyre@Hotmail.com
Dlaiyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2002, 08:09 AM   #8   [permalink]
Schizm
V.I.P. Member

I have eps 1-9 and the soundtrack and a few of the mangas. I would describe it as a cross between Trigun and Master of Mosquiton or Vampire Princess Miyu. Bit of comedy. Bit of drama. Bit of good, old gothic darkness.

And, you have to love the pimpin' red trench coat

My n00b=ADdispatcher
Schizm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2002, 09:27 AM   #9   [permalink]
Takahashi
Forum Master

Not to mentionned the pimpin' hat and two fantastic looking guns(with silver exploding bullets).
Old 21-02-2002, 11:07 AM   #10   [permalink]
Kninja

i've seen eps 1-9 so far, yeah Alucard is super cool and super freaky at the same time.

in the fansubs i saw they said that his name isn't Alucard but Arkard. i dunno where they got that from cos Alucard (Dracula backwards) makes more sense ??? i guess i'll find out for sure when the DVDs come out.
Kninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2002, 11:44 AM   #11   [permalink]
Takahashi
Forum Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Kninja
i've seen eps 1-9 so far, yeah Alucard is super cool and super freaky at the same time.

in the fansubs i saw they said that his name isn't Alucard but Arkard. i dunno where they got that from cos Alucard (Dracula backwards) makes more sense ??? i guess i'll find out for sure when the DVDs come out.
I think you got the wrong version, that takes it to literally what the VA said, cause my version from ANSI and AP both translated the name as Alucard.
Old 21-02-2002, 04:33 PM   #12   [permalink]
Takahashi
Forum Master

I checked again and it was Ansi that translate Alucard in Arkard
Old 21-02-2002, 07:29 PM   #13   [permalink]
tekblade
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to tekblade Send a message via AIM to tekblade
ah i only see it as alcurd in the versions i see ive see n so far 1-9 and its gotten really good. takahashi i know youve seen the coolest episodes 5and 6 with the attack and all , episode 7 is really good, so if anyone can watch it
Old 22-02-2002, 10:21 PM   #14   [permalink]
Takahashi
Forum Master

I like the part after the credits. I thought "Oh, My god", Vladimir Harkonnen. Pretend this was the trigger to your "Harkonnen" weapon, would you use it . Victoria's reply; I'll never use it again
Old 22-02-2002, 11:35 PM   #15   [permalink]
Svietnam

Quote:
Originally posted by Kninja

Romanized, I'm fairly confident its supposed to be Alucard. Frankly, considering the entire vampire thing, I think they meant for his name to be "Alucard", the japanese people just can't say "Alucard". Also, I'm not clear on this but a friend told me that the Japanese language does not have an 'l'(letter L) so when they transcribe Alucard it comes out Arucard or Aakard(if they speak fast).

By the way, it was [si] that said it was Arkard.
"If all mankind minus one were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, then he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind." - John Stuart Mill
Svietnam is offline   Reply With Quote