Old 17-04-2002, 11:08 PM   #31   [permalink]
Takara

I meant his JAPANESE voice actor... same goes for Spike.
Old 17-04-2002, 11:18 PM   #32   [permalink]
random1377
Forum Elite

Location: In a dark, angsty corner, loathing myself for all my failures.
Send a message via ICQ to random1377 Send a message via AIM to random1377 Send a message via Yahoo to random1377
Oh.... well in that case, Dios was Hiro Yuki
Old 18-04-2002, 01:04 AM   #33   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

Quote:
Originally posted by tekblade
megumi hayashibara well there examples already

maaya sakamoto ( well i know she sang the intro for rahxephon and fullmetal panic )

yui horie ( one of the ppl in sister princess, i know she sang the intro also )

and some others
Maaya Sakamoto did do the intro for RahXephon as well as Vision Of Escaflowne, Record Of Lodoss War TV (this is a kick ass intro) and Earth Girl Arjuna. SHe didn't do FMP's Intro and Yoko Kanno has been involved in everything she has done.

As A Voice Actress She has done

Hitomi from Escaflowne and she is Reika Mishama from RahXephon

Yui Horie is Naru's (Love Hina) VA I believe and she sings the intro to Love Hina Again

Anyone know who the Dub Voice Actor for Seijuro Hiko from Rurouni Kenshin OVAS (aka Samurai X) is?
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2002, 02:30 AM   #34   [permalink]
Yui_Reborn
---------

Send a message via AIM to Yui_Reborn
Quote:
Originally posted by Westlo

Anyone know who the Dub Voice Actor for Seijuro Hiko from Rurouni Kenshin OVAS (aka Samurai X) is?
Joe York. Why I remembered that, I have no clue.

Favorite Jap. voice actors:

Mitsuishi Kotono:
Misato from NGE, Excel from Excel Saga, Usagi from Sailor Moon, Mireiyu from Noir. Not as over-used and over-hyped as Hayabishara yet usually just as good (if not better). People are amazed at how quickly she can speak as Excel, but personally I like her more natural speaking voice better; finally, a Japanese voice actress who isn't afraid to speak in a lower register. It gives her a much broader range than a lot of Jap VAs who try to make every character sound like a 14-year-old girl.

Yuji Ueda:
Sanosuke as Rurouni Kenshin, Keitarou in Love Hina, about a million and six other roles. Probably the most 'range' out of the male Jap VAs that I can think of.......as good as Toshimaru Seki is, he uses the same damn tone of voice in every role. Plus, Ueda does that cool rolling his R's thing as Sanosuke ^_^

Aya Hisikawa: Kero-chan in Card Captor Sakura, Skuld in Oh! My Goddess. KERO-CHAN!!!!! AWWWWWWWWWW!!!!

There's lots more.....I like Mayo Suzukaze (Kenshin Himura, Rurouni Kenshin) a lot, but it seems weird to credit her as a career voice actor when she's really more of a stage actress who does exactly one anime role-Kenshin.

Originally I liked Megumi Hayabishara the best, but after hearing her in everything and disliking her very blah performance as Faye Valentine (obviously my opinion, but one that many others share), she's basically been deleted from my favorites list. Honestly, I think Megumi needs to kick back with some iced tea and give other voice actresses a chance to get some roles.

I also dislike this hyper-Megumi fandom where non-Japanese fans think it's 'cool' to say that they like Hayabishara the best so they can prove that they're part of some fictional anime 'in-crowd'. A lot of people who jump up and down about "Megumi-SAMA" will later confess to not having seen much of her work and not being able to explain why they like her the best. Of course, Megumi is not to blame for the fact that some fans use her as a barometer of Otaku-ness ^_^

Fave English Voice Actors:

David Lucas:
Spike in Cowboy Bebop, Shishio in Rurouni Kenshin, Roger Smith in Big O, Onizuka in GTO. Is he overexposed? Hell yeah, but if you need proof that he's a great VA, listen to the dub of volume 1 of GTO. I have a feeling a lot of that stuff was ad-libbed too.....

Crispin Freeman:
Tylor in the Irresponsible Captain Tylor, Touga in Revolutionary Girl Utena, Zelgadis in Slayers, and most recently Amukusa Shougo in Rurouni Kenshin. He seems to come at voice acting from a method-acting approach (like "what is my character's motivation and how should I be portraying their feelings") rather than "Let me read all these lines into the mic and get the hell out of here." His voice isn't suited to everything though.

Lisa Ortiz:
tons of roles! Even though it's kind of a minor one, I thought she was great as Azalyn in Irresponsible Captain Tylor. She was able to sound like a smart and rebellious teenager, while the original voice was too helium-swilling for my tastes (you can tell I have a low-tolerance for high pitched voices.)

Richard Hayworth-
Kenshin Himura in Rurouni Kenshin, Legato Bluesummers in Trigun. I haven't heard him in anything else besides Kenshin, but he sounds to me like he has a brain in his head.....a lot of good voice actors may be good at what they do, but they sound like people who quit school to become actors . He sounds like he graduated college and stuff! I hope he starts showing up in more anime dubs after the success of Rurouni Kenshin.

I could go on, but this has been quite long enough dontcha think?
Old 18-04-2002, 09:01 AM   #35   [permalink]
beanturd13
Executive Member

Send a message via AIM to beanturd13 Send a message via Yahoo to beanturd13
My favourite voice actress is the person who does doreamon and nobita kun , i wish i new what her name was
Old 18-04-2002, 10:26 PM   #36   [permalink]
Supa17

Ueda Yuji is my favourite, I really like his Sagara Sanosuke it sounds so cool
Supa17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2002, 09:09 AM   #37   [permalink]
Eddy
Forum Master

I don't think spike spencer was all that bad..i mean his shouting in Nadesico could win an emmy and his voice of Shinji was good considering what terrible voice i KNOW manga would have given him.

If evangellion was dubbed by manga he would have the voice of taht guy who sounds like a cross between jerry lewis and goofy, so be thnakfull you have spike spencer

"There's a molester in your bathroom"-Oh my Goddess

"Akito! come join me in the shower!-Nadesico
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2002, 06:29 PM   #38   [permalink]
Fatal Outlaw
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to Fatal Outlaw
Quote:
Originally posted by Eddy
I don't think spike spencer was all that bad..i mean his shouting in Nadesico could win an emmy and his voice of Shinji was good considering what terrible voice i KNOW manga would have given him.

If evangellion was dubbed by manga he would have the voice of taht guy who sounds like a cross between jerry lewis and goofy, so be thnakfull you have spike spencer
spike spencer was good for nadesico, but his voice for eva was terrible. and his other voices in battle angel and Orphen are ANNOYING as hell, ADV is the worse dubber ever, the ones that are good are Arc the Lad, BGC 2040 and Nadesico, the rest are horrendous. o yea, this goes for tiffany grant as well
Fatal Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2002, 08:47 PM   #39   [permalink]
tekblade
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to tekblade Send a message via AIM to tekblade
Quote:
Originally posted by Westlo

Maaya Sakamoto did do the intro for RahXephon as well as Vision Of Escaflowne, Record Of Lodoss War TV (this is a kick ass intro) and Earth Girl Arjuna. SHe didn't do FMP's Intro and Yoko Kanno has been involved in everything she has done.

As A Voice Actress She has done

Hitomi from Escaflowne and she is Reika Mishama from RahXephon

Yui Horie is Naru's (Love Hina) VA I believe and she sings the intro to Love Hina Again

you sure she didnt do the intro for fmp? coulda sworn she did
Old 19-04-2002, 09:40 PM   #40   [permalink]
Fatal Outlaw
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to Fatal Outlaw
Quote:
Originally posted by Fatal Outlaw

spike spencer was good for nadesico, but his voice for eva was terrible. and his other voices in battle angel and Orphen are ANNOYING as hell, ADV is the worse dubber ever, the ones that are good are Arc the Lad, BGC 2040 and Nadesico, the rest are horrendous. o yea, this goes for tiffany grant as well
which reminds me, if spike spencer is on the Full Metal Panic cast, i will kill myself. (i just read that ADV has it, i thought pioneer does)
Fatal Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2002, 07:44 AM   #41   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

which reminds me, if spike spencer is on the Full Metal Panic cast, i will kill myself. (i just read that ADV has it, i thought pioneer does)

I agree Spike Spencer will be all wrong for Sagara Sousuke, I will not watch the dub if he's Sagara and/or Tiffany Grant is Kaname Chidori

As for ADV dubs the only one's I like are Nadesico, Samurai X (the name sucks the dubbings alright) and BCG2040.

Trigun is the best dub I've heard, and Oh My Goddess is quite good as well but the ADV dubs come nowhere near them.

As for FMP and ADV well if the fansubber says so FMP on deathbed (ADV) then it's going to happen, at least It will be 6 dvds instead of 8 and as long as those two va's i mentioned before aren't the main two characters I'll be fine with the dub. Excel Saga is suppose to be a real good dub according to animeondvd yet I'll wait to I hear it.

Yuji Ueda:
Sanosuke as Rurouni Kenshin, Keitarou in Love Hina

Wow what range, guess he's my fav japanese male VA then since his role as Keitarou was hilarious and Sanosuke was just bad ass

you sure she didnt do the intro for fmp? coulda sworn she did

I'm sure, FMP opening and closing songs were sung, writen and composed by Mikuni Shimokawa
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2006, 08:35 AM   #42   [permalink]
YaoiFanGirl

lol i know everyone will probably hate me for saying this (sorry in advace!!) but i kinda prefer the english dubbings(well not in all cases,but in most) so i only really have fav english voices actors...and they are:
Greg Ayres-i have such a crush on his voice(Chrono Crusade,FMP!,D.N.Angel,peace maker..and a lot more)
Chris Patton-he also has a very sexy voice but in more of a masculine..well at least compaired to Greg Ayres (all i can think of is FMP!...but i know there are more i've heard him in)

oh!!oh!! and whats his name...ahh i cant remember...the guy who does Ed Elric's voice from full metal alchemist um..ahh i forget...well i'll edit it again when i remember lol

Last edited by YaoiFanGirl; 15-09-2006 at 08:40 AM.
YaoiFanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2006, 12:18 PM   #43   [permalink]
Mecha454
Forum Junkie

Send a message via AIM to Mecha454
Greg Ayres is a great voice actor, so is the one who plays Azmaria. She is the same actor who plays Sayuri in The Place Promised in Our Early Days.

-Sosuke Sagara

"We have begun third impact!"

My very own nOOB= Kaneda
Mecha454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2006, 06:43 PM   #44   [permalink]
EVA fiend
Forum Master

Wow, this is an old, old thread. But since I didn't post in it the first time around..,

My favourite Japanese seiyuu are;

Kotono Mitsuishi (Misato in Evangelion; Excel in Excel Saga; Mink in Dragon Half; Mirielle in Noir; Juri Arisugawa in Shoujo Kakumei Utena).

Yuriko Fuchizaki (Anthy in Shoujo Kakumei Utena; Tita in Plastic Little; Li Kohran in Sakura Wars)

Fumiko Orikasa (Seras Victoria in Hellsing; Chise in Saikano; Hikari in Haibane Renmei).

Houko Kuwashima (Kirika in Noir; Marlene Angel in Blue Gender; Yurika in Nadesico; Quon in Rahxephon; Margaret Burton in Madlax).

I rarely listen to English dubs anymore, so I don't really have any favourites, but I did like Allison Keith's performance as Misato in ADV's dub of Evangelion; she was superb IMO.

"Touch not the pussy without a glove" - McPhearson clan motto ala IAL :P
EVA fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2006, 10:05 AM   #45   [permalink]
RiPPa
Executive Member

Crispin Freeman.

Hilary Haag.

Richard Hayworth.

Kelli Cousins.

To name a few. Yep I'm a dub fan

Last edited by RiPPa; 17-09-2006 at 10:07 AM.
RiPPa is offline   Reply With Quote