Old 02-07-2002, 08:18 PM   #16   [permalink]
Fatal Outlaw
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to Fatal Outlaw
on a press release sent by Bandai, they announced that they will be announcing Argento soma, Infinite Ryvius, .hack//sign and Melty Lancer. i think those are the four titles jerry chu was talking about...WHERES RAHXEPHON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! damn it, i dont want ADV to get it!!!!!!! i swear, i will buy the hk dvd's instead, i REFUSE to support ADV!!!

but theres still hope...it says on the press release that they will announce upcoming projects...

:::calms down::: but at least they got Argento soma and Infinite Ryvius
Fatal Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2002, 08:24 PM   #17   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

hack//sign and melty lancer wtf those two have already been announced, melty lancer ages ago (it was advs but they dropped it, its one of gonzo early animes).

---- i don't want adv to get rahxephon, if they ------ use spike spencer as ayato kuns voice i'll, i'll, i'll EMAIL THEM!! (yeah that will show them...)

WIth Infinite Ryvuis and Argento Soma begin licensed it's only a matter of time before the nex title on that series (Scryed) is licensed (in that series as in an anime being adapted from a western book, scryed was there 3rd go in doing that)

What puzzles me is where is senki no senkai......

THE AX list better be Argento Soma, Infinite Ryvuis, RahXephon and Senki No Senkai

Sci-fic mecha overload that would be!
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2002, 08:30 PM   #18   [permalink]
Sylvan
Executive Member

Ah i love scryed, i wish someone would license it, its just so good
Sylvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2002, 09:17 PM   #19   [permalink]
Fatal Outlaw
Forum Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Westlo
hack//sign and melty lancer wtf those two have already been announced, melty lancer ages ago (it was advs but they dropped it, its one of gonzo early animes).

---- i don't want adv to get rahxephon, if they ------ use spike spencer as ayato kuns voice i'll, i'll, i'll EMAIL THEM!! (yeah that will show them...)

WIth Infinite Ryvuis and Argento Soma begin licensed it's only a matter of time before the nex title on that series (Scryed) is licensed (in that series as in an anime being adapted from a western book, scryed was there 3rd go in doing that)

What puzzles me is where is senki no senkai......

THE AX list better be Argento Soma, Infinite Ryvuis, RahXephon and Senki No Senkai

Sci-fic mecha overload that would be!
lol, damn it, we know that spike spencer will get the role...

this is weird...im hoping that they have something up their sleeves...

oh yeah, i was very pre-occupied about having the thought of ADV getting RahXephon that i forgot to post that Pioneer has Mahoromatic

Appendum (aka edit, ill be using this word from now on): ADV, heres a tip (yea right, like they ever go to AB), work on TWHE2, sorcerer hunter ova's and the rest of orphen before you work on any other new titles. id like to see those released in my lifetime.

Appendum 2: i just wish a miracle would happen and have Pioneer as the licensee for RahXephon (i know...8 discs). heck, id like Funimation or Manga, but god please, not ADV...

Last edited by Fatal Outlaw; 02-07-2002 at 09:24 PM.
Old 03-07-2002, 12:54 AM   #20   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

If ADV announce they have RahXephon I'm going to start a thread straight away in the suggestions forum on animeondvd.

I know dlw reads them (he posts there enough), make your voice heard

NO SPIKE SPENCER FOR AYATO!

Rahxephon already has enough Evangelion comparsions without them having spike spencer (try to) act as ayato.

Infinte Ryvuis is quite a big title to grab for Bandai, the license cost for that would have been massive, this series was as popular as evangelion at its prime back in 99.

Though I think they should have gone for Scryed before Argento Soma, for the simple fact they can push Scryed on tv (if scryed doesn't end up on cn/adult swim in the next few years somethings wrong)
Old 03-07-2002, 09:09 AM   #21   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

JAPAN’S #1 ANIME MAGAZINE “NEWTYPE” TO MAKE ITS ENGLISH DEBUT IN AMERICA THIS JULY

ADV FILMS TO PUBLISH POPULAR MONTHLY MAGAZINE FOR AMERICAN AUDIENCES

HOUSTON, July 2, 2002 – A.D. Vision, Inc. (“ADV”), the #1 producer-distributor of Japanese animation in North America, is proud to announce the signing of a long term agreement with top Japanese publisher and multimedia company Kadokawa Shoten, LTD. to localize, publish and distribute an English language version of Japan's premiere anime magazine, Newtype, on an exclusive basis throughout America and the English speaking world.

Newtype USA will make its anticipated debut with a special collector’s edition “Convention Teaser” at July’s Anime Expo convention in Long Beach, California and the San Diego Comic-Con International in August. The first newsstand edition of Newtype USA will go on sale this fall, and will be available through subscription and at specialty stores across the nation.

“We’re absolutely thrilled to have the opportunity to bring Newtype to America,” ADV President and CEO John Ledford said. “It’s a tremendous magazine, and something we’ve needed here for a long time. American fans have been clamoring for years to get a magazine that offered a comprehensive look at the world of anime, up close and in depth. What better way to give them what they want than by bringing over Japan’s authority on the subject? This is going to rock the anime industry to its very foundation.”

Newtype has a monthly circulation of over 300,000 in Japan. ADV’s marketing push for the magazine will reach potential subscribers through the upcoming Newtype website (www.newtype-usa.com), through ADV’s massive customer database and through subscription cards inserted into the company’s DVD titles. ADV forecasts over 1,000,000 new readers within the first two years of publishing.

With its comprehensive coverage and stylistic portrayal of the anime industry, the Newtype brand appeals both to the established fan base and to new initiates to the genre, and has played a tremendous part in the success of many top anime properties over its publishing history. Exposure from Newtype’s regular manga reprints, a tradition that will be carried on in Newtype USA, has also turned many manga titles into successful entertainment franchises.

Newtype USA will be unlike any other anime magazine available today, in that it will be published in the Japanese right-to-left format, instead of the traditional English-language left-to-right format.

“We thought we could really enhance the reading experience by having Newtype USA mirror its counterpart’s format,” Ledford said. “I think it will be a really unique, fun thing that the fans will enjoy.”

The Convention Teaser features a cover story on Japan’s hottest television anime series, “RahXephon,” spotlights on popular new American anime imports, feature stories on Japanese culture, behind the scenes interviews with creative talent, the English language premiere of the Full Metal Panic manga, and much more.

I'll say ADV have RahXephon from that passage, RahXephon gets top billing on it's magazine, makes sense and bandai have those 4 titles.
Old 03-07-2002, 12:34 PM   #22   [permalink]
Fatal Outlaw
Forum Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Westlo
The Convention Teaser features a cover story on Japan’s hottest television anime series, “RahXephon,” spotlights on popular new American anime imports, feature stories on Japanese culture, behind the scenes interviews with creative talent, the English language premiere of the Full Metal Panic manga, and much more.

I'll say ADV have RahXephon from that passage, RahXephon gets top billing on it's magazine, makes sense and bandai have those 4 titles.
i thought so. im 100% sure that ADV has it now. now that ive stomached the bad news, i guess its not that bad (except for the dub), the only difference if bandai got it is that there will be more extras. but im still hoping for a miracle...

and if they do get it, the only thing i can do is persuade ADV to use bang zoom or whoever. im gonna bomb IS&M and burn it to the ground just to make sure ADV doesnt use them
Old 03-07-2002, 01:37 PM   #23   [permalink]
snowcherry
Forum Elite

Send a message via AIM to snowcherry
Heh, you could start a club or something.
FANS AGAINST SPIKE SPENCER.

I'm really looking forward to the English Newtype, it sounds really awesome. Much better than Viz's Shounen Jump.
Old 03-07-2002, 07:20 PM   #24   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

Well at least I know i'll be able to buy RahXephon on dvd in r4 not to long after america (4-5 months later but we get the first two volumes released on the same day)

IS&M are capable of better dubs than Monster Island (Look at excel saga), let's just hope theres no spike spencer in sight.

Heh, you could start a club or something.
FANS AGAINST SPIKE SPENCER.

Whos my vice president?

I'm really looking forward to the English Newtype, it sounds really awesome

Yeah same here even though I've in Australia if I can get the japanese newtype from ny anime/manga store it would make sense he gets the english newtype......
Old 03-07-2002, 07:27 PM   #25   [permalink]
Fatal Outlaw
Forum Master

its a crime to use spike spencer on dubs. more so, its unconstitutional to use spike spencer and tiffany grant side to side, id have more fun burning myself, heck, i'd have more fun listening to Westlife.

and another thing, how does ADV expect anyone to buy RahXephon, or FMP if we know that they are going to release a 'perfect' collection for almost half the price (or less)? (ie. EVA, nadesico etc).

ooh, i just purchased a gun, i wrote a hitlist on who im gonna shoot: Mat Greenfield, John Ledford, Spike Spencer (note: use 5 bullets), and DLW.

i was kidding with that shooting thing just in case you dont know
Old 13-07-2002, 10:25 PM   #26   [permalink]
snowcherry
Forum Elite

Send a message via AIM to snowcherry
I guess we'll find out entirely how accurate my predictions were post-Otakon (and ComiCon in the case of Tokyopop). So far I'm doing pretty well.

Some surprise AX announcements:
* CPM having DNA^2. I was not expecting that. Cool though, I've never had any major issues with them (other than fugly cover art).
* Right Stuf getting Gravitation. Must've beat Media Blasters to it. Good call though, I'm sure it'll sell. The market for such titles is definitely expanding here.
* Super GALS! being licensed at all. By ADV especially! I'd never have guessed, really. It's a very culturally-oriented series, so I hope to see more Vid-Notes here. Just please, for the love of all that is holy, no Tiffany Grant. Anything but Tiffany Grant.
* More life-sim anime from Media Blasters (Seraphim Call, Sentimental Journey). Do people buy these? I enjoyed Seraphim Call and will probably buy it, but wow. Talk about a limited market.
Old 13-07-2002, 11:12 PM   #27   [permalink]
Fatal Outlaw
Forum Master

AX thoughts:

ADV: finally. FINALLY they pick up the sequels to their OLDEST titles, i say its about time, theyve sat on them long enough! (im talking about Bakuretsu Hubters and NukuNuku dash), however, no word on the 2nd and 3rd seasons of Orphen and TWHE2

Bandai: im dissapointed with bandai. when they announce scryed, i'll be happy again.

Pioneer: best announcements at AX period. just when ADV thought they had the most 'new' animes out, they get stepped on by the almighty Pioneer! first off, i knew they were giong to have chobits, but not this soon! Mahoromatic, im happy they got it too! and ai yori Aoshi surprised me the most! and ooh, im happy they got the third Patlabor movie! and also sakura taisen (hear tha ADV, it about time you got the tv series out!). its good news since pioneer's movie releases are gorgeous! (akira, A!MG, Armitage)

CPM: they have DNA^2? whoa....
Old 13-07-2002, 11:18 PM   #28   [permalink]
Pen2
Senior Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Pen2
Okay, here's the huge list I culled in the post-AX blitz. Of course, by now its old news but I got this list with AB in mind and I intend to post it dammit!

Media Blasters:

7 of Seven
Iria (apparently CPM lost their original license)
Tales of Eternia
Seraphim Call
Sentimental Journey
Yume de Atera (TV only so far)

Central Park Media:

ALL of Utena (the entire TV series, everything, end of debate)
Alien 9
DNA^2 (TV and OVA, the mystery is solved)
Neko Jiro-so

Manga:

Apparently they got nothing. Is this too much to hope for?

Right Stuf:

Gravitation (TV)
Muryo
Nonamura Hospital
Hooligan
Spotlight

Tokyopop:

Apparently waiting till San Diego ComicCon before announcing anything.

Pioneer:

Master Keaton
Fushigi Yuugi Gaiden
Mahoromatic
Ai Yori Aoshi
Gatekeepers 21
Tiny Snow Fairy Sugar
Sakura Taisen movie
Chobits
Lupin the Third (TV series, 52 episodes. This would make two series, but I thought there were three? :: shrug :: )
Patlabor Movie 3

ADV:

Blue Seed OAVs
Sorcerer Hunter OAVs
Nuku Nuku Dash
King of Bandits Jing
Steam Detectives
Super GALS Kotobuki Ran
Cosplay Complex
Zeon OAVs
Pretear
Rahxephon
Kolaida Star
All of animated Steel Angel Kurumi

Bandai

Argento Soma
Melty Lancer
.hack//SIGN
Infinite Ryvius
Kikaider 01

The real surprise one for me was the Lupin series. I hear its not that great, but its Lupin, dammit!

And in Australian news....well, we've got ---- all. Madman announced Full Metal Panic a while back though, which is kind of surprising. They're most likely blowing themselves early and it'll be ages before it ever turns up, but at least they're picking up speed. Eva D&R comes out on the same day as Cowboy Bebop V1 and V2, which is more than a little bit surprising. I've been waiting more than three years for a commercial Eva movie release, and Cowboy Bebops snapped up rather fast in comparison.

And I still want my R4 Trigun dammit. Cough up.

Edit: And just so there's no assumption that I did much of this work myself, the list was pretty much based on the one posted at the SA ADTRW forums. So there.

Last edited by Pen2; 13-07-2002 at 11:30 PM.
Pen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2002, 11:28 PM   #29   [permalink]
Fatal Outlaw
Forum Master

Quote:
And in Australian news....well, we've got ---- all. Madman announced Full Metal Panic a while back though, which is kind of surprising. They're most likely blowing themselves early and it'll be ages before it ever turns up, but at least they're picking up speed. Eva D&R comes out on the same day as Cowboy Bebop V1 and V2, which is more than a little bit surprising. I've been waiting more than three years for a commercial Eva movie release, and Cowboy Bebops snapped up rather fast in comparison.
im not in australia, but i do know stuff

anyway, Madman just licensed Hellsing and FLCL and i heard RahXephon as well. plus Siren has some stuff like Vandread, soul taker (must watch) and VHD bloodlust.
Old 13-07-2002, 11:39 PM   #30   [permalink]
Pen2
Senior Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Pen2
Dammit, Madman need to update their site more often. I heard whispers about FLCL, and Hellsing was always a given because of its production funding streamlining it. RahXephon's a new one though.

Maybe I should start reading their forum and not waiting for their slow asses to announce these things through the newsletter. Blargh.
Pen2 is offline   Reply With Quote