Old 03-05-2002, 07:20 PM   #1   [permalink]
Fatal Outlaw
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to Fatal Outlaw
anime company preference?

which anime distribution company do you like the most? i thought id post it here too becuase it had some great feedback in the madman boards anyway, here my favorites, and i thought id list my thoughts on each one, o yeah, as of now, my favorite is pioneer

my thoughts on anime comapnies
1. Pioneer - they're releasing my current favorite anime, Vandread, and with Vandread 2nd stage coming out shortly after the release of vandread vol. 4! and they are the fastest company to release stuff from japan, theyre releasing X, Hellsing (which im looking forward too), Strawberry Eggs,and SoulTaker (which is amazing and utterly gorgeous)

2. Bandai - used to be number one on my list with cowboy bebop and escaflowne, the only thing is, they are too consumed with Gundam at the moment

3. Tokyopop - i'd say ADV for my number 3 favorite, but i see tokyopop surpassing them soon oh heres why: they have GTO, love hina manga, Intial D, and Real Bout High School, and they produce good dubs as well, using Bang Zoom! for their dubs

4. ADV - personally, i dislike ADV, bad dubs, bad menus, loooong release dates etc, but they're releasing some unknown titles that i secretly love (ie. orphen, gawl, those who hunt elves, etc) and also, they do listen to the fans so i give them points for that.

5. Funimation - yes, Funi. ive always been a Funi supporter since they came out with DBZ, the 'massacre' didnt really bother me at all (they do release dbz uncut on dvd though). and theyve been trying to win back some anime fans, and i like their recent work in Blue Gender and Yu Yu Hakusho. im not sure about their work on Lupin III though, i have to watch it maybe tonight to see the dubbing.

6. Media Blasters (anime works)- kenshin is the only anime that ive actually bought from them (there are a couple more i think) i'll be looking forward to Berserk

7. Viz - more on manga...but they do have Ranma 1/2

well thats it ^_^
Fatal Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 08:27 PM   #2   [permalink]
black_angel
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to black_angel Send a message via Yahoo to black_angel
i guess pionner because the anime they bring out is great
Old 03-05-2002, 10:34 PM   #3   [permalink]
Linna32
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to Linna32 Send a message via MSN to Linna32 Send a message via Yahoo to Linna32
[COLOR=royalblue]well lemme see
1. manga entertainment
2. ADV (for mass production of anime)
3. everything else
Old 03-05-2002, 10:55 PM   #4   [permalink]
Fatal Outlaw
Forum Master

Quote:
1. manga entertainment

...manga?

Last edited by Fatal Outlaw; 03-05-2002 at 10:57 PM.
Old 04-05-2002, 02:28 AM   #5   [permalink]
assyria
Executive Member

Send a message via AIM to assyria
I tend to go for ADV. Not because I think there the best distributors, but more of their titles get released in Australia through Madman. Although we might be getting some Bandai titles so that would be very nice

Overall

- Tokyopop are Very good with Manga,
- Pioneer and Bandai are probably my fav for anime,
- Animaze is one of the best if we're talking dubbing studios, and
- Central Park Media get No.1 on my hate list.

Well thatís my 2 centsÖ.
Old 04-05-2002, 08:40 AM   #6   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

Bandai for sure

They released two of my top 3 tv series which are Vision Of Escaflowne and Cowboy Bebop. They own or are in partnership with my second favourite anime studio which is Sunrise.

Titles which they may release that aren't even licensed yet are .hack//sign, Battleflag of the stars 1 and 2, Scryed, Infinite Ryvius, Argento Soma, Turn A Gundam, Love Hina 25, Xmas and Spring Specials, Love Hina Again, Zeta Gundam

They have only released one tv series on 8 dvds which was escaflowne and they had to because Bandai of japan made them.

Upcoming titles from Bandai are Earth Maiden Arjuna, Carried By The Wind (Kazemakase Tsukikage Ran), Escaflowne A Girl In Gaia Movie, Char's Counterattack Movie, G Gundam, Big 02, Melty Lancy

They are the first company to offer a box seperatly to people who have already bought the series (cowboy bebop) and give the box with the first volume of a dvd (love hina)

Bandai fans Argento Soma and Scryed will probably take a while to get licnesed by Bandai since they are wuite new and Bandai have lots of releases, though whats up with Inifite Ryvius (which was the most popular show of it's anime season) is anyones guess.

...manga?

The people who released StreetFighter Alpha, Macross Plus and Macross Plus the movie among others.

The people who are bringing us the evangelion movies, read or die and streetfighter alpha 2

Last edited by Westlo; 04-05-2002 at 08:46 AM.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2002, 09:39 AM   #7   [permalink]
AnkaraStark
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to AnkaraStark Send a message via AIM to AnkaraStark Send a message via MSN to AnkaraStark
Pioneer
Bandai
Media Blasters

I've bought DVDs from all three companies and I've loved everyone of them. I have no complaints about them whatsoever.

Irish Diplomacy: The ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to the trip.
AnkaraStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2002, 11:30 AM   #8   [permalink]
Fatal Outlaw
Forum Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Westlo
The people who released StreetFighter Alpha, Macross Plus and Macross Plus the movie among others.

The people who are bringing us the evangelion movies, read or die and streetfighter alpha 2
no, i know who they are, its hard to believe someone would put them as number one on their list after all the delays of the eva movies
Old 05-05-2002, 02:53 PM   #9   [permalink]
Seiryuu

Gonzo rules. Nuff' said.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2002, 02:55 PM   #10   [permalink]
Seiryuu

Wait, Pioneer's good too.
(How could I forget them? Practically all the anime I watch is by those guys!)
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 06:37 PM   #11   [permalink]
Fatal Outlaw
Forum Master

here's something I wrote on another board. Once again, I express my disbelief on ADV:

Anyway, ADV is single handedly responsible for overflooding the market with a bunch of no name anime titles and a bunch of 2nd, no, 10th rate manga titles. Not only that, they also started The Anime Network, ADV Music, ADV Toys, Newtype, ADV Pro etc etc. While good, it has done nothing for the anime community besides the huge influx of titles. The Anime Network, and I'm sure 100% of all y'all will disagree, is nothing more than an outlet for ADV to advertise their titles. I'm going off-topic now...well, I was going to write about Newtype and a particular review for Gantz.

Some months ago, a writer from Newtype USA did a review, a negative one, only to have it edited by the higher ups and changed it to a postive review. That's pretty low. It doesn't stop there as recently, coming from blurbs about Gantz...well, here's what ADV put:

"I suppose you could say Iím hooked" ó ToonZone.net (which I'm a reporter for, althoguh inactive for months)

now, here's the actual line:

"I suppose you could say I'm hooked, but only because of raw shock value at this point. Gantz will need more than that to keep me watching past Volume 2."

Good job ADV. My hatred just goes a whole football field lower.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------