Old 21-06-2002, 10:41 PM   #1   [permalink]
Fatal Outlaw
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to Fatal Outlaw
favorite english voice actor?

ive seen numerous 'favorite seiyuu's" threads but i dont recall any favorite dub va's. thus being said, my favorite va has got to be wendee lee. her voice is just so cute as ruriko (gatekeepers) or ryoko from real bout high school and she can also be asultry as evident in her role as Faye or BC from Vandread.

i guess i'll also say David Lucas, im pretty sure a lot of people will mention him so i might as well for his genius performance as Spike. his best work imo is probably onizuka in GTO (not to mention he got 5 other parts in the series).
Fatal Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2002, 12:13 AM   #2   [permalink]
Glenn MeisTriumph
Executive Member

Send a message via AIM to Glenn MeisTriumph Send a message via Yahoo to Glenn MeisTriumph
I like Jessica Calvello(sp?), Brett Weaver, David Lucas, Wendy Lee( I was wondering who was Ryoko/Yurikos VA....)I dont know many others than the old standbys at ADV because with ADVs credits they tell which VA voices who instead of just listing the VAs in a column
Glenn MeisTriumph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2002, 12:35 AM   #3   [permalink]
3Magic Beans
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to 3Magic Beans Send a message via MSN to 3Magic Beans
Kirby Morrow.

He does so many voices including Van from Escaflowne and Trowa. He also did Miky for ninja turtles.

He is not only a great voice actor but hes a great movie/tv actor.
3Magic Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2002, 12:49 AM   #4   [permalink]
Escaflowne Chick
Executive Member

Send a message via MSN to Escaflowne Chick
Quote:
Originally posted by 3Magic Beans
Kirby Morrow.

He does so many voices including Van from Escaflowne and Trowa. He also did Miky for ninja turtles.

He is not only a great voice actor but hes a great movie/tv actor.
I so agree w/ you Beans. He has an amazing voice! *drools* sorry, I tend to drool when I think about Kirby,
hitomi wo tojireba...
Escaflowne Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2002, 02:22 AM   #5   [permalink]
Shenrezade
Executive Member

I've never paid attention to Dub's names, so I'll just list them by the characters they've done. I'd post all of them, but there are quite a few, so I'll just go with some of them.

Trowa Barton/Van Fanel: It sounds to me like he did Van first. Like all of the Escaflowne dubs, it sounded like he was reading of of the page rather than actually acting. But I still like him.

Terry Bogard/Heero Yuy: Here's a good one. He portrayed these two perfectly, even though they have completely different personalities.

Vegeta(1st season)/Zechs Merquise: He is one of my favorites. I can never get past how well he did both of these. He also did Allen Schezar, but I would have preferred it if he had used Zech's deeper voice, as opposed to Vegeta's lighter one.

Bulma(1st season): I believe she also did Mia from Ronin Warriors, but I'm not sure. She did a voice that fit Bulma's pissy attitude very well.

Gokou/Megaman: I abhor the Megaman cartoon series, but this guy has one of the best voice acting talents I've ever seen. Although I like the current Gokou, the one who was voiced by this guy remains my favorite.

Hmmm, I need another female... I got one!!

Iria: She's pretty good, I thought. She managed to fit Iria very nicely. I've heard one or two people disagree with me on this fact, though.

Piccolo(1st season)/Greywolf: Some people here might not have seen Monster Rancher, so I'm referring to one of the bad guys in that show. this guy is an excellent voice actor. He did at least five different voices for DBZ's saban run, and each one of them was totally different from the other. If that's not talent, I'm not sure what is.
Old 22-06-2002, 08:04 AM   #6   [permalink]
klinky
Executive Member

Send a message via AIM to klinky
Allison Keith who did the voice for the beloved Misato Katsuragi....

~klinky
klinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2002, 08:46 AM   #7   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

Brett Weaver

Gai Daigoji in Nadesico and Nabeshin in Excel Saga, Brett Weaver has the over the top characters down.

Brian Drummond

He did the first voice for Vegeta from Dragonball Z as well as doing Zechs from Gundam Wing. He also did Allen from Escaflowne and I consider him an excellent voice actor.

Also the english voice actor for Vash the Stampede from Trigun, he did an excellent job the best I've seen in al the anime I'm watched. The only one who comes close is Joe Yorks (thats the right name yeah Yui Reborn?) Seijuro Hiko from the rurouni kenshin ovas yet he had a small role.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2002, 08:58 AM   #8   [permalink]
black_angel
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to black_angel Send a message via Yahoo to black_angel
Lisa Ortz (sp?) ^^
Old 22-06-2002, 11:38 AM   #9   [permalink]
Fatal Outlaw
Forum Master

Quote:
Originally posted by black_angel
Lisa Ortz (sp?) ^^
yea, she's good, but ger role as lina inverse is annoying. she did a great job as deedlit from lodoss and azalyn from tylor though

also, i think Crispin freeman is also a good va, he's the voice of Alucard in hellsing and the lead in Strawberry Eggs.
Old 25-03-2005, 12:41 AM   #10   [permalink]
LadyP

(gaps) You LIKED Ryoko's seiyuu? Good lord, I hated that whiny, unfitting voice! It almost made my head split!
I liked Shizuma's seiyuu better. It suited him.
LadyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2005, 03:45 AM   #11   [permalink]
Rei Ayanami

I like Greg Ayres(Chrno, Junuchi, Satoshi, ect...), Hillary Haag (Rosette, Riku, ect), or Sandy Fox (Sumomo, Risky, Mimiru..ect Also sang Rurouni Kenshin song Freckles). I have always loved Greg, but when I got into DNAngel I began to like Hillary, who also voices in Chrno Crusade, as Rosette along with Greg as Chrno. They work really well together =]
I love Sandy too. I got to meet her so that makes her even cooler. The fact that she plays in Chobits- Being Sumomo!- Is awesome, considering my love for Sumomo.
Rei Ayanami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2005, 01:03 AM   #12   [permalink]
Destructa
Forum Junkie

Send a message via AIM to Destructa
Wendee Lee and David Lucas are two of my favorite voice actors. They both did a really good job in Cowboy Bebop.
Destructa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2005, 02:51 AM   #13   [permalink]
DarkPrimus
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to DarkPrimus
David Lucas is cool, but Scott McNeil gets the mad props.

Dying is so damn expensive, I don't think I can afford it.

Founder and Executive Council member of the Bebop Mafia. Alias: Crimson Tears.
DarkPrimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2005, 03:46 PM   #14   [permalink]
Chidori

Send a message via AIM to Chidori
My favorite English VA is Ruby Marlowe. Among her most noticable roles, she's done Miaka (Fushigi Yuugi), Mima (Perfect Blue), and even Fuu (Magic Knight Rayearth). She's such a great voice actress who knows how to put such emotion in all her characters and bring them to life. Hearing her voice really leaves me an impression that she really knows how to express herself with alot of heart and her love for voice acting. That can't be any more present than the outstanding job she did for Miaka. You could totally feel all the pain and emotion Miaka had in the story and I found that to just touch my heart so deeply. She's a veteran when it comes to voice acting, and her sweet and beautiful voice trully melts me away. She has definitely earned my respect as one of the best English VA's ever!!

Another personal favorite of mine is Lisa Ortiz. She's a great voice actress who is most noticable for voicing Lina Inverse in Slayers. She really out did herself when she casted her as she really brought out her personality as best she possibly could, and she really set her tone of emotions she used for every spell so nicely. I also liked alot of her other roles in anime such as Nanaka in Magic Users Club, Tsubasa in Kare Kano, and various other roles too. Defintiely one of the most well known VA's in anime.

Other voice actors I like are David Lucas, Crispin Freeman, and Terri Hawkes among so many others. David Lucas is a very noticable VA who is most noticable for doing Spike Spiegal from Cowboy Bebop and even Tom from Toonami. I love is deep voice and he really knows how to express himself so much into his characters. Crispin Freeman knows how to express himself very good too. His voice is just so perfect for any character he does, and he really shows his emotions when he voices them too. I really like when he voices over characters, so touching. Lastly Terri Hawkes, she voiced over Serena's voice for most of the first and second seasons of Sailor Moon. She fit in her character role the best and I always enjoyed watching Sailor Moon when she voiced her. Considering Sailor Moon was also one of my first anime series I'd got into, I grew especailly fond of her, especially in the most dramatic moments of the series, so touching.
Chidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2005, 01:11 AM   #15   [permalink]
Fatal Outlaw
Forum Master

Well, after 3 years since the conception of this post, I now find Wendee Lee a tad bit annoying. STILL A GREAT VA though, it's just that I hear her everytime now. She's still one of my favorites.

As for my new faves, I'm a fanboy of Laura Bailey.She played Marlene in Blue Gender, Kayko in YYH, Rayne in Blood Rayne 1 and 2 I believe, and other parts in various Funi titles. Also, I never thought I'd see the day when I actually list an ADV dub actor. Vic Mignona(?) for his role in Fullmetal Alchemist. Guess it really doesn't count as an ADV VA since this is a Funi title, but he's an overall ADV VA