Old 06-10-2002, 07:04 PM   #1   [permalink]
7thKeeper
Forum Elite

Send a message via ICQ to 7thKeeper Send a message via AIM to 7thKeeper Send a message via Yahoo to 7thKeeper
Which Saiyuki boy are you?

Go to the link below and go to Fun Stuff and choose tests
http://rambles.kupo-land.com/

7thKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 07:44 PM   #2   [permalink]
Yasei Chi
Forum Addicted

Send a message via AIM to Yasei Chi
Heheh. Funny. I've taken it twice (before this thread came up), and got Kougaiji both times. Thing is, I basically am Kougaiji. I even cosplayed him at Otakon. ^_^

Last edited by Yasei Chi; 06-10-2002 at 07:45 PM.
Yasei Chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 07:50 PM   #3   [permalink]
Shadowbard
Executive Member

You can also get to this quiz from it's actual location at Scarred, the Gensomaden Saiyuki section of anime-doll.com

As for my results....

This result is interesting because I didn't answer with the typical Gojyo answers (women, get laid, cigarettes). Guess it proves just how alike he and I really are....

~Shadrach Anki

| Grove | Bardic Musings |
Shadowbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 08:24 PM   #4   [permalink]
jennwenn
Forum Addicted

Looks like I'm Hakkai.

Gotta love those questions: "When you're sad, you: (a) Kill things or (d) get laid."

Anyway, its great to find some fellow Saiyuki fans! I *almost* love Saiyuki more than Weiss Kreuz. Actually, I think I do like Saiyuki better than WK. Saiyuki at least doesn't take itself too seriously like WK does. (Plus it has BETTER music and the best opening & ending sequences ever.)

I've seen up to Episode 35 of the anime, and read about 3 chapters of the manga. It just gets better and better.

So who is everyone's favorite character? Mine's definitely Homura. My interest was really starting to fade at the end of the first season. The guys weren't accomplishing anything but aimless wandering in the anime...

Then Homura and his henchman appear in the second season and WHAM! I am hooked on Saiyuki like never before. He puts Kougaiji to shame. heh.

Here's some pics of him for those who'd like to know:
http://sdfanclub.net/kou/anime2.htm

Kazuya Minekura is such a great artist. She rivals Kaori Yuki and Watase Yuu for character designs IMOP. I don't think Minekura can draw women as sexy (or even simply feminine looking) as she can draw the guys. She started her career doing doujinshi too, which I just think is hilarious...

Last edited by jennwenn; 07-10-2002 at 12:28 AM.
jennwenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 10:35 PM   #5   [permalink]
The Captain
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to The Captain

Woohoo...too bad I've only watched a few eps of Saiyuki...
Old 06-10-2002, 10:59 PM   #6   [permalink]
Spike 558
Forum Elite

Send a message via AIM to Spike 558 Send a message via MSN to Spike 558 Send a message via Yahoo to Spike 558
If one of my cartoons has brought joy and laughter to just one person, if I have been able to make just one person simply smile and forget their troubles for only a moment, then that cartoon, clearly, was not worth drawing
- The Complete Far Side
Spike 558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 11:10 PM   #7   [permalink]
Yasei Chi
Forum Addicted

My favorite character actually is Kougaiji. ^_^ I don't care what you say about Homura; Kougaiji is still cooler. ~_^

Oh, did you know, jennwenn, that Homura isn't in the manga at all?
Old 07-10-2002, 12:26 AM   #8   [permalink]
jennwenn
Forum Addicted

Quote:
Originally posted by Yasei Chi
My favorite character actually is Kougaiji. ^_^ I don't care what you say about Homura; Kougaiji is still cooler. ~_^

Oh, did you know, jennwenn, that Homura isn't in the manga at all?
Ah ha! I suspected as much! I could never find any Minekura drawings of Homura, except for this one-shot piece. Plus I couldn't find any character shrines to him either. Homura's character is integrated in the story very well though. He seems like he belongs there.

I guess the anime company had to make something up when the anime was being made faster than the manga. Kinda like the Inu-Yasha dilemma. lol, but this was a GOOD manga diversion for once.

heheh, Kougaiji's cool too. Just not my favorite.

EDIT: So who did the character design for Homura? Some random animation employee or Minekura? Do Homura's two henchman guys appear in the manga?

You know, Homura kinda looks like Sanzo with different hair...

Hmm, I guess I just lost some incentive to read the manga version, but not by much. I wanna read Saiyuki Gaiden!!!

Last edited by jennwenn; 07-10-2002 at 10:21 AM.
Old 07-10-2002, 03:35 AM   #9   [permalink]
Shax
Forum Master

Old 07-10-2002, 03:49 PM   #10   [permalink]
Nagha's revenge
Forum Elite

Send a message via AIM to Nagha's revenge
Yay ! I'm original ^_^.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong."

-- Gandhi
Nagha's revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2002, 07:32 PM   #11   [permalink]
Yasei Chi
Forum Addicted

Quote:
Originally posted by jennwenn
Ah ha! I suspected as much! I could never find any Minekura drawings of Homura, except for this one-shot piece. Plus I couldn't find any character shrines to him either. Homura's character is integrated in the story very well though. He seems like he belongs there.

I guess the anime company had to make something up when the anime was being made faster than the manga. Kinda like the Inu-Yasha dilemma. lol, but this was a GOOD manga diversion for once. :lol:

EDIT: So who did the character design for Homura? Some random animation employee or Minekura? Do Homura's two henchman guys appear in the manga?

Hmm, I guess I just lost some incentive to read the manga version, but not by much. I wanna read Saiyuki Gaiden!!!
I actually haven't read the manga yet either. I'm going off of listening to my friens (who have read the manga, and in Japanese, too) explaining things to the rest of us while watching the rest of the anime. Homura and his two follwers (blanking on the names) do not appear (yet) in the manga. They were created as filler when the anime started going a bit faster than the manga. Minekura-sempai didn't design them. She does, however, like how they were designed and all, so she may end up including them in Saiyuki Reload (the Saiyuki manga she's working on now, now that she's changed publishers).

Yes, it's rather good as far as filler goes, especially filler with totally made-up characters. One problem we had was the out-of-character episode (the snow one), but that wasn't a very big problem at all. ^_^ And yes, they integrated Homura and his followers well. It seems like they belong there, even though they aren't in Saiyuki, Saiyuki Gaiden (so far), or Saiyuki Reload (so far).

Side notes: Nataku is so cute! And did you know Minekura-sempai's favorite character is actually Chin Isou?
Old 07-10-2002, 11:11 PM   #12   [permalink]
jennwenn
Forum Addicted

Minekura-sempai didn't design them. She does, however, like how they were designed and all, so she may end up including them in Saiyuki Reload (the Saiyuki manga she's working on now, now that she's changed publishers).

She likes how they were designed? That's another new one for me. A manga artist liking the filler matierial.

It seems like they belong there, even though they aren't in Saiyuki, Saiyuki Gaiden (so far), or Saiyuki Reload (so far).

*crosses fingers* Yeah, I hope they get in there sometime, but if not I'll live.

Side notes: Nataku is so cute!
I agree.

And did you know Minekura-sempai's favorite character is actually Chin Isou?

What?!?! Chin Isou? He's such a minor character! Is he developed more in the manga? SPOILER...He's the son of the guy who Hakkai killed right? His father raped Kanan? Or did he do it? Centipede prince right? That is soo weird.

BTW, how deos Saiyuki Reload fit into the story? Does it continue where Saiyuki left off? (I haven't finished Saiyuki yet so that's still way in the future for me...)

Oh and Hakkai SPOILER I just heard that Kanan was Hakkai's sister! And this was just kinda omitted in the anime. Though Hakkai does say she was "like" a sister to me...*shudder* Hakkai gets more and more disturbed...Is this really true?

Last edited by jennwenn; 07-10-2002 at 11:15 PM.
Old 08-10-2002, 12:51 AM   #13   [permalink]
Yasei Chi
Forum Addicted

Quote:
Originally posted by jennwenn
She likes how they were designed? :lol: That's another new one for me. A manga artist liking the filler matierial.
I may be wrong on whether or not she designed Homura, but I do know for sure he's not in the manga.

Quote:
What?!?! Chin Isou? He's such a minor character! Is he developed more in the manga?
Yes, Chin Isou. I don't know how much more he's developed in the manga, but he is apparently creepier. And Minekura-sempai said on her webpage that he's her favorite, while apologizing to fans. ^_^ And to the spoiler question: yes.

Quote:
BTW, how deos Saiyuki Reload fit into the story? Does it continue where Saiyuki left off? (I haven't finished Saiyuki yet so that's still way in the future for me...)
Yes, Reload picks up where the Saiyuki manga left off. Minekura-sempai had to change publishers, apparently, which is also probably why the anime series is taking a hiatus. ^_^

Quote:
Oh and Hakkai SPOILER
Yes. Yes, you're right. 'Cept it was Gonou (Hakkai before the 1000 youkai), not Hakkai, really. ^_^;;;

Last edited by Yasei Chi; 08-10-2002 at 01:03 AM.
Yasei Chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2002, 03:27 AM   #14   [permalink]
Shax
Forum Master

I thought Gonou was living in an orphanage before he moved away? I didn't know he had any family (left)
Old 08-10-2002, 09:49 AM   #15   [permalink]
AnkaraStark
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to AnkaraStark Send a message via AIM to AnkaraStark Send a message via MSN to AnkaraStark

Irish Diplomacy: The ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to the trip.
AnkaraStark is offline   Reply With Quote