Old 10-10-2002, 06:07 PM   #31   [permalink]
Yasei Chi
Forum Addicted

Send a message via AIM to Yasei Chi
Bleh. Stupid tripod. http://theanimeposse.tripod.com/otapics.html That should work. It's a link to most of our photos from Otakon. We're the Saiyuki group. ^_^

Man, I really need to borrow my friend's copy of the manga.
Old 11-10-2002, 08:19 PM   #32   [permalink]
EKnatsumi
Executive Member

Send a message via Yahoo to EKnatsumi
OK, I've finally read through this whole thread!

1. Homura's right and left-hand guys are named Shien (in male kimono) and Xenon (Zeon, with eyepatch). I keep hearing it as "Senon" despite the spelling in the subtitle, so I'm convinced that's the real spelling. ^_^

2. REALLY? They're all filler guys? Considering the irritation we Rurouni Kenshin fans had to go through with the filler arc, the Saiyuki crew did an awesome job! Saiyuki actually had more of a story after those guys came around. Creepy.........fillers tell a better story than original manga material............

3. As to Wyclef Jean, maybe he's one of those rare celebrities who happen to like anime? ^_^

4. Yup, the going-youkai that they showed on Saiyuki was Cho Gono initially turning into a youkai. That was around the time the Chinese guy came, since he was one of those thousand---THINGS----that tasted Gono's wrath.

5. Really, jennwenn? About Gono and that girl of his? I didn't know that! But I like Hakkai better with that pharmacist girl of Kougaiji's. What's her name again? Lilin's nursemaid? ^_^

EK 8 )
EKnatsumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2002, 02:18 AM   #33   [permalink]
Yasei Chi
Forum Addicted

Quote:
Originally posted by EKnatsumi
[B]1. Homura's right and left-hand guys are named Shien (in male kimono) and Xenon (Zeon, with eyepatch). I keep hearing it as "Senon" despite the spelling in the subtitle, so I'm convinced that's the real spelling. ^_^
It's probably Xenon. Japanese pronunciations can be interesting.

Quote:
2. REALLY? They're all filler guys? Considering the irritation we Rurouni Kenshin fans had to go through with the filler arc, the Saiyuki crew did an awesome job! Saiyuki actually had more of a story after those guys came around. Creepy.........fillers tell a better story than original manga material............
The filler isn't necessarily better than the original manga material. I'm sure the manga has better stuff than the anime did. ::shrug:: It's mostly a difference between the animated stuff and the drawn stuff (manga).

Quote:
4. Yup, the going-youkai that they showed on Saiyuki was Cho Gono initially turning into a youkai. That was around the time the Chinese guy came, since he was one of those thousand---THINGS----that tasted Gono's wrath.
Chin Isou was the centipede youkai prince. I think he was the 1001st youkai Gonou killed. And yes, Gonou went youkai there too (first time and all), but we still didn't get to see his youkai form, even in the manga.

Quote:
5. Really, jennwenn? About Gono and that girl of his? I didn't know that! But I like Hakkai better with that pharmacist girl of Kougaiji's. What's her name again? Lilin's nursemaid? ^_^
Her name is Yaone, and personally I think she should pair up with Kougaiji. Once Kougaiji-sama stops obsessing over his mother. ^_^;;;
Old 14-10-2002, 10:33 AM   #34   [permalink]
EKnatsumi
Executive Member

Send a message via Yahoo to EKnatsumi
Thanks much. ^_^ But I still think Hakkai and Yaone are neat together.

Please keep this thread up!

EK 8 )
EKnatsumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2002, 05:08 PM   #35   [permalink]
jennwenn
Forum Addicted

Quote:
Originally posted by Yasei Chi
Bleh. Stupid tripod. http://theanimeposse.tripod.com/otapics.html That should work. It's a link to most of our photos from Otakon. We're the Saiyuki group. ^_^

Man, I really need to borrow my friend's copy of the manga.

ok, I'm back from a weekend trip and finally checked out your cosplay pics.

Cosplaying is great. I like your Harkuryuu. Traveling in style my friends.

You had the whole group. I'm impressed. Even got the little poses right, haha.

I love the Dance Dance Revolution board costume. Heh, he must have had people try and walk on him all day...

And there was Pretear and Violinist of Hameln cosplayers! Cool.

I REALLY want to go to a convention now...
jennwenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2002, 05:15 PM   #36   [permalink]
jennwenn
Forum Addicted

Originally posted by EKnatsumi
1. Homura's right and left-hand guys are named Shien (in male kimono) and Xenon (Zeon, with eyepatch). I keep hearing it as "Senon" despite the spelling in the subtitle, so I'm convinced that's the real spelling. ^_^

Xenon is such a cool name. Xenon. Mmmmmm. Ahem, anyway...

2. REALLY? They're all filler guys?

yeah, I still can't beleive it. They're the best fillers ever. And now I'm dying to get the manga to see what it is they replaced/deviated from.

3. As to Wyclef Jean, maybe he's one of those rare celebrities who happen to like anime? ^_^

Maybe Its so frickin cool!

EK 8 )

yep, according to my source, whose webpage I have unfortunately lost. I haven't read the manga myself.

I agree, Hakkai and Yaone were cute. Hakkai's just so nice to all women. He's so sweet. However, I think Kougaiji and Yaone are the couple meant to be together. But Kougaiji doesn't even notice!

Maybe Yaone and Hakkai should get together and make Kougaiji jealous? lol
Old 14-10-2002, 05:17 PM   #37   [permalink]
jennwenn
Forum Addicted

Quote:
Once Kougaiji-sama stops obsessing over his mother. ^_^;;;
Yeah!
Old 14-10-2002, 07:04 PM   #38   [permalink]
jennwenn
Forum Addicted

I've just discovered another of Minekura's manga has just been animated.

Its called "Shiritsu Araiso Koutou Gakkou Seitokai Shikkoubu" or "Araiso Private High School Student Council Executive Committee".
Here's some info the plot:
http://www.mangabonbons.net/bon4/minekura_3.html

http://www.animate.tv/pv/dvd_pv/dvd_pv_list.html#cd01

Has anyone here read/seen this?
Old 14-10-2002, 07:52 PM   #39   [permalink]
Yasei Chi
Forum Addicted

Not yet, but I plan on it. ^_^

And you really should go to a con. You can join our saiyuki group next year!
Old 16-10-2002, 10:31 AM   #40   [permalink]
jennwenn
Forum Addicted

Quote:
Not yet, but I plan on it. ^_^

And you really should go to a con. You can join our saiyuki group next year!

hehe. I plan on it. Hopefully going to Anime Boston 2003.

Just to stir up some more discussion, what did everyone think of the Lillin/Lirin episode? (25 or something) The humorous one where she decides to kill the Saiyuki boys by herself. Chaos ensues.

Uh, what a filler episode. The most filler I've ever seen. But those 3 youkai stooges were funny. Best schoolgirl and slut cosplayers I've ever seen. Kinda of like the stages in a woman's life I guess.

Last edited by jennwenn; 16-10-2002 at 10:34 AM.
Old 16-10-2002, 09:08 PM   #41   [permalink]
Yasei Chi
Forum Addicted

!^_^! That episode was entertaining enough. I like the two "bad cosplayers" episodes better, though.
Old 17-10-2002, 12:11 AM   #42   [permalink]
jennwenn
Forum Addicted

Quote:
!^_^! That episode was entertaining enough. I like the two "bad cosplayers" episodes better, though.
Me too. The second one is the best. It was so funny seeing them go on with regular jobs and then realize that being cosplayers is their TRUE calling in life. Haha, what a profound destiny they have.

My favorite quote:
"We're the best fake Sanzo party ever!!!"

It was also pretty funny how the fake guys look more like the REAL Sanzo party should. Sanzo isn't good-looking (or blonde) in the real Jouney to the West. And Hakkai is supposed to be a pig. They really ARE a more realistic Sanzo party.

And another thing, did anyone else find it a little freaky how Hakkai just broke the guy's arm? He did it so mechanically and with this smile on his face while saying "I'm sorry".

I know that was supposed to be a funny moment, but I found it unsettling. Hakkai is truly messed up...

Last edited by jennwenn; 17-10-2002 at 12:14 AM.
Old 17-10-2002, 02:17 AM   #43   [permalink]
Yasei Chi
Forum Addicted

I think that moment was supposed to be freaky, actually. Hakkai's a lot meaner than he appears.
Old 17-10-2002, 12:36 PM   #44   [permalink]
jennwenn
Forum Addicted

Quote:
I think that moment was supposed to be freaky, actually. Hakkai's a lot meaner than he appears.
That's true. And I'm glad its not just me!

Since that cosplay episode was so funny, I didn't expect to see Hakkai do something like that. Plus the show just goes right back into the humour again, as if they didn't expect us to notice.

When everyone else was beating up the cosplayers, it WAS funny. But I didn't think Hakkai's attack was. There's definitely more to Hakkai than his nice-guy exterior.
Old 19-10-2002, 04:22 AM   #45   [permalink]
Yasei Chi
Forum Addicted

Indeed. I really need to read the manga. ::sigh::

Have you seen the movie yet, jennwenn?