Old 21-12-2002, 12:14 AM   #1   [permalink]
Fatal Outlaw
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to Fatal Outlaw
new anime in january?

can someone provide a list of anime premiering in january (and summary if available)? i know a list but i forgot where i saw it. all i know are:

.hack//Tasogare no Yubiwa Densetsu [alternate, Udewa Monogatari] (Legend of the Twilight Bracelet) aka, .hack//DUSK: according to Newtype, this is a 'coming of age' love story. ive read a bit of it (manga), and i'll recomed it even to people that didnt like hack sign

and the other one, L/R, anout two CLOUD7 agents, it sounds real cool, maybe i'll watch this one.

so yea

Last edited by Fatal Outlaw; 21-12-2002 at 12:23 AM.
Fatal Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2002, 04:41 AM   #2   [permalink]
Robotech Master
Forum Addicted

I thought they were gonna start with only one .hack series and then move on from there with sequels. So far I've heard of .hack//sign, .hack//liminality and .hack//Dusk.

Anyways, the only anime I'm really looking forward to is Banner of the Stars. Plus I need to finish up Vandread the Second Stage. I'm also interested in Rune Soldiers, but that doesn't gets released in March.

Robotech Master
Robotech Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2002, 11:24 AM   #3   [permalink]
Fatal Outlaw
Forum Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Robotech Master
I thought they were gonna start with only one .hack series and then move on from there with sequels. So far I've heard of .hack//sign, .hack//liminality and .hack//Dusk.

Anyways, the only anime I'm really looking forward to is Banner of the Stars. Plus I need to finish up Vandread the Second Stage. I'm also interested in Rune Soldiers, but that doesn't gets released in March.
i was talking about new anime premiering on tv in japan.

fyi, theres no sequels with .hack per se, each meduim has different characters, only the 'back story' is continued.
Old 21-12-2002, 11:51 AM   #4   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

Wolf's Rain is the only one I care about at the moment.

Here's some info on it, seeing as Bebop is one of your favs you should be looking forward to it considering who's working on it.

http://animeboards.com/t44834/s.html

After RahXephon (still my fav 2002 title, though WHR and/or Junni Kokki could snatch that title) my expectations are really high for this.

Edit

How could I forget Macross Zero, the first ova volume for that comes out in january and Read Or Dream is coming too, though it's not based on the ova so I don't know about that. RAVE/Samurai Deeper Kyo aren't exactly amazing shows by Studio DEen though the Kenshin OVAS and Read Or Die are.

Last edited by Westlo; 21-12-2002 at 11:56 AM.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2002, 12:09 PM   #5   [permalink]
3line

Send a message via AIM to 3line
I also heard something about Aquarian Age season 2 coming out.
3line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2002, 11:41 AM   #6   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

Macross Zero looks amaing I tell ya - http://www.the-sugoi.com/compose.php...1122002&Nnum=2

Anyway got some more titles.

Right now we have

.hack//DUSK
L/R (interesting in seeing this since it seems Madman already have it)
Wolf's Rain
Read Or Dream
Macross Zero OVA Volume 1
Aquarian Age Season 2

And heres some more that are coming

A new Astro Boy series (the third) in english
Ashita no Nadja
One Piece Movie for march
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2002, 11:50 AM   #7   [permalink]
Fatal Outlaw
Forum Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Westlo
L/R (interesting in seeing this since it seems Madman already have it)
speaking of which, the anime is being produced by Pioneer LDC, so its a safe bet pioneer has it.

anyhow, im watching read or dream...just becuase read or die was awesome...
Old 22-12-2002, 12:24 PM   #8   [permalink]
mecha110

The following list is all of new anime in January quoted from my e-zine.

TV Series
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Astro Boy Premiere Version
Jan 1, 2003

ANIMAX

This is a premiered version of the TV series which starts next spring.
It has English dubbing and Japanese subtitle.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lime-iro Senkitan
Jan 3, 2003-

( 13 episodes ) Local UHF
Official Site
i-poli.com

[ Staff ]
Director : Akira Suzuki ( Happy Lesson TV, Slayers Gorgeous, Maze Bakunetsu Jiku )
Series Story Editor : Satoru Akahori ( Sakura Taisen, Saber Marionette J )
Character Conceptual Design : Naoki Honda ( TOBI D+VINE : Game )
Character Design : Mayumi Watanabe ( Kakyusei elf version )

[ Cast ]
Momen Sanada : Ai Shimizu ( Minawa / Mahoromatic, Yuzu Hieda / Asagiri no Miko )
Sarasa Honda : Tsubasa Otomiya ( Himiko Himejima / Himikoden )
Asa Kato : Kaoru Sasajima ( Satsuki Gokajo / Happy Lesson )
Kinu Fukushima : Aoki Sayaka ( Rubberpyon / Comet-san, Coji-Coji / Coji-Coji )
Rinzu Kuroda : Yuka Aimoto Romance of pure love under war :

[ Story ]
The background of this drama is the Russo-Japanese War which broke out about 100 years ago.
Shintaro Umakai who had stayed in Russia as a diplomat before became a teacher, and left for his post to the Amanohara girl's high school. He met five unique girls there. They had the secret mission which he did not know. Five girls and Shintaro boarded battleship for the special duty before long. Where does this battleship go? What are arms named "Raimu" which five girls manipulate?

Stratos Four
Jan 4, 2003-

( 13 episodes ) Local UHF, Kids Station
Official Site
Kids Station

[ Staff ]
Director Takeshi Mori : ( VANDREAD, MELTYLANCER, Gunsmith Cats )
Series Story Editor & Scenario : Katsuhiko Takayama ( Love Hina ( Scenario ) )
Character Design & Mechanical Design & Chief Animation Director : Noriyasu Yamauchi ( Najica Dengeki Sakusen, Agent Aika, Vampire Hunter D OVA )
Mechanical Design : Tomohiro Kawahara ( Gate Keepers 21, VANDREAD )
Production Studio : Studio Fantasia ( Najica, Aika )

[ Cast ]
Mikaze Honjo : Kakazu Yumi ( Mint Aizawa / Tokyo Mew Mew, Akari Fujisaki / Hikaru no Go, Dita Liebely / VANDREAD )
Karin Kikuhara : Fumiko Orikasa ( Hikari / Haibane Renmei, Chise / SHE, The Ultimate Weapon, Mikan / Atashin' chi, Hikaru / Figure 17 )
Ayamo Nakamura : Shiho Kikuchi ( Maya Mukai / Full Metal Panic!, Amarone ‚rlaintheva / VANDREAD the second stage, Hikaru Amano / Nadesico )
Shizuha Doi : Kaori Shimizu ( Motoko Minagawa / Fruits Basket, Yuko Miyabe / Strange Dawn, Lain Iwakura / serial experiments lain )
Ran Mikuriya
Miharu Ozora
Chizuru Kubo
Annette Cary
Betty Bozeman
Chris Kalman

[ Story ]
In 2XXX, the interception base was constructed on the satellite orbit so that the human race might defend the earth from the comet and the asteroid which came flying to the earth. The comet is intercepted by the space interception fighter equipped with a special missile which takes off from the space base. The elite pilots who control the space interception fighter are called Comet Blaster ( CB ). On the other hand, the interception force takes off from the very high altitude interception base on the ground aiming at the stratosphere to crush the splinter which CB failed to shoot. This force is called Meteor Sweeper.
On the Shimoji island which is one of such a very high altitude interception bases, four girls are working hard at training because of the promotion to CB.

MOUSE
Jan 5, 2003-

( 12 episodes 15 min / eps. ) Local UHF, Kids Station
i-poli.com
Hakusensha
Chara-ani.com
Kids Station

Beyblade G revolution
Jan 6, 2003-

TV-TOKYO
Official Site

Garakuta-dori no Stain
Jan 6, 2003-

Kids Station
Official Site

WOLF'S RAIN
Jan 6, 2003-

Fuji-TV
BONES

[ Staff ]
Plan : BONES
Original Story : BONES, Keiko Nobumoto ( Cowboy Bebop, Macross Plus )
Director : Tensai Okamura ( Kikaider, Memories episode 2 Stink Bomb )
Series Story Editor : Keiko Nobumoto ( Cowboy Bebop, Macross Plus )
Character Design : Toshihiro Kawamoto ( Cowboy Bebop )
Mechanical Design : Shinji Aramaki ( Digimon Tamers, Gasaraki, Iczer-one, Mospeada )
Music : Yoko Kanno ( Escaflowne, Cowboy Bebop, Arjuna, RahXephon, GITS Stand Alone Complex )
Producer : Masahiko Minami ( RahXephon, Cowboy Bebop, Escaflowne )
Production Studio : BONES
Produced by Fuji-TV, BONES, BANDAI VISUAL

[ Cast ]
Kiba : Mamoru Miyano ( Akira / Devil Children )
Tsume : Kenta Miyake ( Ampaia / FLCL )
Hige : Akio Suyama ( Hatsuharu Soma / Fruitsu Basket, Ichiro Ogami / Sakura Wars, Wolf / Alice in Cyber Land )
Toboe : Hirotaka Shimowada ( Nori / Saishu Heiki Kanojo, Shun Imagawa / Comet-san )
Habu : Mitsuru Miyamoto ( Roger Smith / The Big O, Itsuki Kisaragi / RahXephon, Mr. Shirakawa / PIANO )
Cher : Kaho Koda ( Kanoe / X TV, OVA )
Quent : Unsho Ishizuka ( Jet Black / Cowboy Bebop )

[ Story ]
The earth entered the glacial period, and all creatures were on the brink of extinction. People are divided into two groups ( small number of aristocrat and commoner who lost hope and the purpose to live ) in the city which is covered with the dome.
One boy Kiba appear in such a city. He is the lonely wolf which don't have parents and a brother. Though his externals are wolves of the wild, the supersonic wave included in the cry act on human brain and his externals look like "human". There are a lot of wolves which lived in the human society in this city. Most of them live as a human being in this city to get a little food.
However, Kiba is different.
He is aiming at "Paradise" which exists somewhere in this world. It is said that wolves lived in the paradise when human civilization was ruined before. It is said that the paradise is the only place where a wolf can live having pride. It is said that "The lunar flower" receives the light from the moon, blooms all over the paradise, and the aroma indicates the location of the paradise. The aristocrat searched for the lunar flower, and Kiba who had felt the smell of the flower came to the city. The girl to whom it is said that it was created by using the gene of the lunar flower is in the laboratory in the city. Cheza who is a girl encompassed by veil of mystery. When the blind girl restrained with the chain awakes, wolves start on a journey aiming at the paradise.

L / R - Licensed by Royal
Jan 8, 2003-

Fuji-TV
PIONEER LDC
animate.tv - trailer

[ Staff ]
Director : Itsuro Kawasaki ( Arc The Lad, Wild Arms )
Series Story Editor : Kazuki Matsui ( Hand Maid May )
Animation Director & Character Design : Kenji Teraoka ( Ghost In The Shell Stand Alone Complex ( Mechanical Design ))
Music : Masara Nishida ( Saint Seiya OVA, I My Me Strawberry Eggs )
Music Director : Keiichi Nozaki ( The Big O, Witch Hunter ROBIN )
Production Studio : TNK
Produced by PIONEER LDC / PIONEER ENTETAINMENT(USA)INC. / TNK

[ Cast ]
Row Rickenbacker : Yuji Ueda ( Asano / 12 Kokuki, Kakyo Kuduki / X TV, OVA, Kotaro Nambara / Hand Maid May, Akito Tenkawa / Nadesico )
Jack hefner : Hiroaki Hirata ( Sha Gojyo / Gensomaden Saiyuki, Kibayashi / GTO )
Noel Adelaide : Mikako Takahashi ( Fujio Himejima / I My Me Strawberry Eggs, Kasumi Tani / Hand Maid May )
Crea Pennylane : Megumi Toyoguchi ( Yumi Omura / Chobits, Kotobuki Ran / Super Gals! Kotobuki Ran )

Nanaka 6/17
Jan 8, 2003-

TV-TOKYO
King Record
MOVIC
Ken Yagami's Web Site

[ Staff ]
Original Story : Ken Yagami ( Hisoka Returns )
Director : Hiroaki Sakurai ( Di Gi Charat )
Series Story Editor : Tomoko Komparu ( Da! Da! Da!, Kodomo no Omocha )
Character Design : Masayuki Onji ( Da! Da! Da!, Urayasu Tekkin Kazoku, Ojarumaru )
Character Design of Domiko : Yoshinobu Yamakawa
Music : Toshio Masuda, Double Oates
Production Studio : J.C.STAFF
Produced by GENCO

[ Cast ]
Nanaka Kirisato : Chiemi Chiba ( Harukaze Doremi / Ojamajo Doremi, Wan Nyaa / Da! Da! Da! )
Nenji Nagihara : Kenichi Suzumura ( Ayumu Narumi / Spiral, Kazuto Tokino / UFO Princess Warukyure, Kamui Shiro / X TV )
Yuriko Amemiya : Yui Horie ( Rio Takeuchi / Spiral, Tsukimiya Ayu / Kanon, Toru Honda / Fruits Basket, Sakuya / Sister Princess )
Jinpachi Arashiyama : Kazuyuki Shimura ( Garris / Hellsing )
Satsuki Arashiyama : Kaori Nazuka ( Miyu Kozuki / Da! Da! Da! )
Kuriko Aratama : Sakura Nogawa ( Kaorin / Azumanga-Daioh, Kaoru Mitarai / Pita-ten )
Taizo Kirisato : Takashi Matsuyama ( PayaPaya / Di Gi Charat, Papa C / rizelmine )
Magical Domiko : Asami Sanada ( Dejiko / Di Gi Charat )

[ Story ]
Nanaka Kirisato who is Nenji Nagihara's childhood friend is a seventeen years old brilliant high-school girl. But, Nanaka who isn't interested except for the study lacks cooperation, and she is disliked by the classmate. Because Nenji is always being preached by her, too, he thinks her to be annoying.
One day, Nenji breaks up with Nanaka by the trifling cause. Being shocked at his talk, she staggers and falls from the stairs. Nenji who met with Nanaka who recovered consciousness in the hospital notices that an accident happened to her. Nanaka's soul had changed into six-years old child's for some reasons. The doctor explains that her symptom is the age regression caused by the disturbance of memory. Six-year-old Nanaka is cheerful, and has the character liked by other people.
When they were children before, and Nanaka's mother died, Nenji said to Nanaka who kept crying that you had to grow up early. Nenji was going to encourage her. But, after that word, she lost interest except for the study as a means to grow up early. Nenji who was feeling the responsibility in that worries about whether recovering from her disturbance of memory is good for her. At such time, seventeen years old Nanaka came sometimes to show up by the chance of something. Is Nanaka a Multiple Personality Disorder?

Shutsugeki! Machine Robo Rescue
Jan 8, 2003-

TV-TOKYO
Sunrise

.hack//Tasogare no Udewa-densetsu
Jan 8, 2003-

TV-TOKYO
Official Site

[ Staff ]
Chief Director : Koichi Mashimo ( .hack//SIGN, NOIR )
Director : Koji Sawai ( Ranma 1/2 Netto-hen )
Series Story Editor : Satoru Nishizono ( Shiawaseso no Okojo-san, Digimon Adventure )
Character Design : Yoko Kikuchi ( NOIR, Arc The Lad )
Production Studio : Bee Train

[ Cast ]
Shugo : Junko Minagawa ( Ryoma Echizen / The Prince of Tennis )
Rena : Mai Nakahara ( Kaede Minami / Mirumo de Pon!, Nana-sama / Seven of Seven )
Mireille : Yuki Matsuoka ( Osaka ( Ayumu Kasuga ), Glenda / Little Princess U.C., Marie / Hare Guu )
Ouka : Yuki Kaida ( Kurapica / Hunter x Hunter )
Hotaru : Ayako Kawasumi ( Mahoro / Mahoromatic, Aoi Sakuraba / Ai yori aoshi, Lafiel / Crest of the Stars )
Balmung : Nobuyuki Hiyama ( Ichiro Hongo / G-on Riders, Yushiro Gowa / Gasaraki )
Reki : Soichiro Hoshi ( Yamato Kira / Gundam Seed, Akira / Samurai Deeper Kyo, Kaoru Hanabishi / Ai yori aoshi, Kazuma / Scryed )
Sanjuro Sunaarashi : Yasunori Masutani
Aura : Maaya Sakamoto ( Reika Mishima / RahXephon, Hitomi Kanzaki / Escaflowne )

[ Story ]
The background of the story is a game version of PS2.

Four years have passed from "Twilight incident" which is that the game world and the reality world were shaken by network game "The World". The limitation present campaign of character "KITE" and "BLACK ROSE" of the legend which was called ".hackers" which had become a use prohibition after the incident was started. A twin brother and sister was elected to this campaign. The name in their reality worlds is Shugo Kunisaki and Rena Kunisaki. But, they are involved in a new incident.

Mahotsukai ni taisetsu na koto - Someday's Dreamers
Jan 9, 2003-

( 12 episodes ) TV-ASAHI, Family Gekijo
Official Site
Kadokawashoten

[ Staff ]
Director : Masami Shimoda ( Ai yori Aoshi, Boys be..., SMJ )
Character Design : Michinori Chiba ( Saber Marionette J ( Animation Director ), Vandread ( Animation Director ))
Music : Takefumi Haketa ( Gakko no Kaidan )
Production Studio : J.C.STAFF, View works

[ Cast ]
Yume Kikuchi : Aoi Miyazaki ( The first work )
Masami Oyamada : Junichi Suwabe ( Fuma Monou / X TV, OVA, Yoshiyuki Kojima / Chobits )
Kera ( Go Kato ) : Hiroshi Iida
Angela Charon Brooks : Akeno Watanabe ( Robin Sena / Witch Hunter ROBIN, Fuko Kuzuha / I My Me Strawberry Eggs )

[ Story ]
Yume Kikuchi is a pure culture nature girl during training to become the sorcerer of national official recognition. The fuss always happens around her because she is only a little careless. Still, her straight feelings call and awake getting warm which has been forgotten in people's heart.
"What is importance for the sorcerer?"

Transformer Micron Densetsu
Jan 10, 2003-

TV-TOKYO

Gunparade March
Jan, 2003-
( It might be late more. )
( 12 episodes ) Fuji-TV
Official Site
Alfa System

[ Staff ]
Director : Katsushi Sakurabi ( Ai yori Aoshi ( Story Board ), Utena ( Producer ) )
Series Story Editor : Fumihiko Takayama ( Patolabor WXIII ( Director ), Gundam 0080 ( Director ) )
Character Design : Yasuhiro Irie ( Alien 9 )
Music : Kenji Kawai ( Ghost in the shell movie, Patlabor )
Production Studio : J.C.STAFF
Produced by Project GPM

[ Cast ]
Atsushi Hayami : Akira Ishida ( Asran Zara / Gundam Seed, Eyes Rutherford / Spiral, Kumo / FF:U, Cho Hakkai / Saiyuki )
Mai Shibamura : Akemi Okamura ( Sasha / Pita-ten, Kaori / Steel Angel Kurumi )
Yohei Takigawa : Akio Suyama ( Hige / Wolf's Rain, Hatsuharu Soma / Fruitsu Basket, Ichiro Ogami / Sakura Wars )
Mio Mibuya : Junko Sakuma
Takayuki Setoguchi : Hideyuki Umezu ( Naonori Hieda / Asagiri no Miko )

[ Story ]
"Genju ( Beast of the phantom )" appeared to jeer the human race. And also "Brain" which was their brains, and was the strongest, worst creature appeared. In the endless fighting against enemy, boarding to "HWT" which is humanoid type arms is young boys and girls. And, to defeat "Brain", ultimate weapon "NEP" were developed. However, "Child who does not grow up" is needed for its start.
Daily life in the war which continues for 50 years and the war against "Genju" are described.

The Big O 2nd Season
Jan, 2003 -

Local UHF
Official Site

1st season of The Big O rushes into the 2nd season.

OVA

Hand Maid Mai Vol. 1
Jan 18, 2003

Official Site

Memories Off 2nd Vol. 1
Jan 22, 2003

KID

I do not describe it here though some TV Series from February to April has been fixed, too.

mecha110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2002, 03:05 PM   #9   [permalink]
Dryden-san
Forum Elite

Well that was helpful. Thanks mecha110. And welcome to Animeboards, by the way.

Hmmm. Out of all those, the two that most interest me are still Big O 2 and Wolf's Rain. About what I expected, really. No surprises here. Some of the others did sound interesting until I took a closer look at the creative staff... *sigh*

Beyblade was popular enough to warrant another show? Good Lord.
Dryden-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2002, 05:33 PM   #10   [permalink]
Fatal Outlaw
Forum Master

i cant wait for .hack//Tasogare no Udewa-densetsu, as i said in my first post, i recomend it (or at least try) to watch the series even if you didnt like hack sign.

L/R looks pretty awesome too, from what i read in newtype
Old 26-12-2002, 02:44 AM   #11   [permalink]
Svietnam

Quote:
Originally posted by Fatal Outlaw
i cant wait for .hack//Tasogare no Udewa-densetsu, as i said in my first post, i recomend it (or at least try) to watch the series even if you didnt like hack sign.

L/R looks pretty awesome too, from what i read in newtype
.hack//sign may have not become my fav anime but I am interested in seeing how this massive epic ends.
"If all mankind minus one were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, then he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind." - John Stuart Mill
Svietnam is offline   Reply With Quote