Old 08-03-2003, 07:16 PM   #31   [permalink]
StAtIc NiNjA

Send a message via ICQ to StAtIc NiNjA
I loved the style of the second episode but alas i cannot get any sound for some reason
StAtIc NiNjA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2003, 07:35 PM   #32   [permalink]
MJK

If you can't hear the sound, you need the lastest version of Quicktime.

I'll let you do the finding on your own.
MJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 12:44 AM   #33   [permalink]
AchtungAffen
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to AchtungAffen Send a message via MSN to AchtungAffen
I got the first 2 episodes reencoded from .mov to .avi (smaller size) in DivX5.something. If you use the edonkey then click on these (don't know other ways to get them, not on direct downloads):

ed2k://|file|The-20Second-20Renaissance-20--20Part-20I-20[The-20Animatrix-20--20enc-20by-20INsanityDesign].avi|141039616|339c6bed9ca2a7c260aa444a2516d6fd|/

ed2k://|file|Program-20[The-20Animatrix-20--20enc-20by-20INsanityDesign].avi|125380608|b19a0327338d1d34951b4b909d33c158|/
Old 09-03-2003, 05:01 AM   #34   [permalink]
El^Presidente
Forum Master

I've watched the first two, but i don't know...

the second one was better than the first, but i can't help but think it's just a cash cow...
El^Presidente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2003, 04:34 PM   #35   [permalink]
oppa
Forum Junkie

3rd episode. booya.

http://www.intothematrix.com/

edit: Just watched it. That was too sweet, more enjoyable in terms of story than the previous ones... I'm biased though since I really enjoy mystery themes.

Now if only I can gather enough will power to watch Dreamcatcher just so I can watch Flight of the Osiris.. but damn if I haven't heard more bad things about Dreamcatcher than good. hrm.

Last edited by oppa; 07-04-2003 at 05:24 PM.
oppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2003, 11:45 PM   #36   [permalink]
Magnus9
Forum Addicted

Send a message via AIM to Magnus9 Send a message via MSN to Magnus9
Quote:
Originally posted by oppa
3rd episode. booya.

http://www.intothematrix.com/

edit: Just watched it. That was too sweet, more enjoyable in terms of story than the previous ones... I'm biased though since I really enjoy mystery themes.

Now if only I can gather enough will power to watch Dreamcatcher just so I can watch Flight of the Osiris.. but damn if I haven't heard more bad things about Dreamcatcher than good. hrm.
I also enjoyed the Detective Story the most so far...and I've seen Final Flight of the Osiris. It's nothing to get excited about...Well actually seeing about a million sentinels on screen at once was nice but the rest of it was drab storytelling and gratuitos ass shots. FInal Flight did have some beatiful visuals though. It was done by Square pictures the makers of Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within so that should be expected...it seems all Square can do nowadays is make things that look good on the outside but never have any substance.

Anyway Detective Story was awesome and I definately enjoyed the detective elements which is most probably due to my Batman addiction but still great stuff. One thing that bothered me was Trinity's voice. Is it the same voice actor from the movies or did they use someone new? I couldn't really tell and they of course didn't give credits at the end which is something that has become increasingly irritating throughout the series.

Life is Peachy
Magnus9
Magnus9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 06:34 AM   #37   [permalink]
oppa
Forum Junkie

I agree that the voice did sound like Carrie-Anne Moss, but I highly doubt it was her. Then again, it could've been. I can't say. Hell, now I'm just talking out my ass. Um... NO! It was not her....... maybe?
Old 08-04-2003, 11:21 AM   #38   [permalink]
kurtz

As a hardcore fan of the Matrix saga, I have to say the two episodes I've seen so far rocked. Just going to check out the third

The first episode was my favourite out of those two because of the sheer epicness of it, and also that it reveals a lot more about the Matrix storyline. I can't wait for this to come out on DVD
__)// (/(/(/(//)/  
        /  _/
My site - Avatar Generator - use it to create avatars and banners from existing images for free.
kurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 07:07 PM   #39   [permalink]
Mav

Carrie-Anne Moss is credited on imdb.com as providing the voice for Trinity in Detective Story.
Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 01:23 AM   #40   [permalink]
Sigurd Fatima
Forum Master

The Detective Story was really nice even though I'm a little confused as to what is going on in this anime. Ep01 - introduction to A.I. Ep02 - A simulator. Ep02 - A chase. Totally confused, that I am, but it's all good. And so only one episode remains?

Peace. V
Sigurd Fatima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 09:08 AM   #41   [permalink]
kurtz

I love the anime version of Trinity
she rocks. is that other dude Morpheus?
Old 09-04-2003, 11:37 AM   #42   [permalink]
Mav

Quote:
Originally posted by Sigurd Fatima
The Detective Story was really nice even though I'm a little confused as to what is going on in this anime. Ep01 - introduction to A.I. Ep02 - A simulator. Ep02 - A chase. Totally confused, that I am, but it's all good. And so only one episode remains?

Peace. V
There's one remaining free episode (the second part of "The Second Renaissance"). There are five other episodes. You'll be able to buy a DVD with all nine episodes on in June.
Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 11:46 PM   #43   [permalink]
Drizzten
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

Send a message via AIM to Drizzten
That was a great episode. It felt like all the pent-up gumshoe 30's detective noir that Watanabe wanted to get out into Bebop, but felt like it would have weighed the story down. Not my favorite episode (it was a little slow), but one I immediately pimped out to my friends.
Old 10-04-2003, 03:32 AM   #44   [permalink]
Magnus9
Forum Addicted

Send a message via AIM to Magnus9 Send a message via MSN to Magnus9
Quote:
Originally posted by Sigurd Fatima

Peace. V
Well each episode pretty much stands on it's own as a contained story. Well except the next ep which will be the continuation of the first ep "Second Renaissance. So there isn't really an overall story it's just a bunch of short stories set in the Matrix world.

Life is Peachy
Magnus9
Magnus9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2003, 08:31 PM   #45   [permalink]
kurtz

I think each episode will be a separate short story, and the stuff downloadable off the animatrix site is snipped from these episodes. There are a few episodes that aren't shown at all, too; these will be available on the DVD release. It looks set to be a must see... for me at least
__)// (/(/(/(//)/  
        /  _/
My site - Avatar Generator - use it to create avatars and banners from existing images for free.