Old 07-03-2003, 12:15 PM   #16   [permalink]
hGh
Forum Junkie

Quote:
Originally posted by SaMADog
Does the introduction song make any sence?
Yes it does, in a Tomo-Sagaki-Osakaish way
hGh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2003, 07:16 PM   #17   [permalink]
iwakura
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to iwakura
I found this one surprisingly good.

It started out slow, but the characters really grew on me.

[Minor Spoilers]

* Instead of the usual plot, this one covered all three years of high school, with the characters trying out new hair styles and aging a bit too.

* Even though it's obvious when this will end after 1/3 of the way though, there still were some surprises.

* The Osaka girl was quite unique. She gave me alot of laughs...
iwakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 03:06 AM   #18   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to ACE2001 Send a message via Yahoo to ACE2001
I read something on ANN (AnimeNewsNetwork) That Azumanga Daiou will be licensed by ADV! Is that true?

Last edited by ACE2001; 10-03-2003 at 03:07 AM.
ACE2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 03:51 AM   #19   [permalink]
death
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to death
I hope not...

Well..

Not till i get the rest o the series anyway...
death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 08:24 AM   #20   [permalink]
NeneMaxwell195
Executive Member

Oh I just saw most of this show this weekend, they showed it at my local anime convention and I can tell you this it had to be one of the most popular things there. Whenever it was shown the room would be full everyone was turning up to see it, and it made evry one laugh, it is pure comic genious it has to be one of the funiest things I have ever seen. Yes it did have some cultural moments but if you read the little notes then everything makes sence and is quite funny, if it does get brought out in the west then I hope they don't change a thing keep all the jokes and just have little notes to help people, you don't need to "Americanise" it to make it funny. Now if I only knew where I can download episodes from I would cos I LOVE THIS SHOW And for some odd reason there teacher reminds me of Misato Not to sure why though.
NeneMaxwell195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 10:51 AM   #21   [permalink]
hGh
Forum Junkie

Quote:
Originally posted by NeneMaxwell195
And for some odd reason there teacher reminds me of Misato Not to sure why though.
It's probably the scream. Misato screams when she drinks a can of beer kind of like the teacher in Azumanga Daioh.
Old 13-03-2003, 03:20 PM   #22   [permalink]
jennwenn
Forum Addicted

Quote:
Originally posted by hGh
It's probably the scream. Misato screams when she drinks a can of beer kind of like the teacher in Azumanga Daioh.
Also they have similar hair styles.

I LOVE Azumanga Daioh and recommend it!!! I can't beleive I'm saying this, but its so cute and I love it! Its guaranteed to make you laugh and bring back memories, even though so many of the gags seem Japan-specific.

Osaka RULEZ!!!!!!!!!!!! (How can you not love her dopey-ness?)
jennwenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2003, 03:57 PM   #23   [permalink]
hGh
Forum Junkie

Quote:
Originally posted by jennwenn

Osaka RULEZ!!!!!!!!!!!! (How can you not love her dopey-ness?)
YESS! The third person(in this thread) counting me who thinks that Osaka is the mostest Her logic and the way she sees the world is in a league of its own and it's just so... as you put it dopey !

Last edited by hGh; 13-03-2003 at 03:58 PM.
Old 15-03-2003, 05:39 PM   #24   [permalink]
fireguy
---------

Send a message via ICQ to fireguy Send a message via AIM to fireguy
When it comes to this series, bonklers rule.
fireguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2003, 10:59 PM   #25   [permalink]
DrkZealot
Executive Member

Send a message via ICQ to DrkZealot Send a message via AIM to DrkZealot
Dang, I feel horrible. It feels like I'm the only one on AB who didn't like this series in the least. The characters bored me, and the complete lack of story irratated the hell outta me. I couldn't see any reason to continue watching the series, it was just meaningless to me. There were a few scenes that made me chuckle a bit, but besides that I really did not enjoy this series(I'm up to ep6). It's an anime I'd watch if I was horribly bored, and had nothing else to do.
All around It remindes me of Kiddy Grade, just very very over rated.
Old 15-03-2003, 11:20 PM   #26   [permalink]
iwakura
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to iwakura
re: don't like this one.

That's fine. Everyone has different tastes. Me insisting that you must like this one is just as silly as you telling me that I must not like this one.

Fortunately there is enough variety to keep all of us happy.
iwakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2003, 03:54 AM   #27   [permalink]
hGh
Forum Junkie

Quote:
Originally posted by DrkZealot
Dang, I feel horrible. It feels like I'm the only one on AB who didn't like this series in the least. The characters bored me, and the complete lack of story irratated the hell outta me. I couldn't see any reason to continue watching the series, it was just meaningless to me. There were a few scenes that made me chuckle a bit, but besides that I really did not enjoy this series(I'm up to ep6). It's an anime I'd watch if I was horribly bored, and had nothing else to do.
All around It remindes me of Kiddy Grade, just very very over rated.
That's okey if you don't like it. But I was just thinking when people would start talking about Azumanga Daioh beeing overrated. And you are the first one I stumbled upon. But I'll take it as a compliment, since every seires with a large fanbase is called overrated every once in a while even if most of the fans genuinely enjoy that show. So, yes, it seems like AD is making it big time
Old 16-03-2003, 09:48 AM   #28   [permalink]
DrkZealot
Executive Member

Send a message via ICQ to DrkZealot Send a message via AIM to DrkZealot
I didn't even know this series had a fan base. I didn't even know it was popular, I hadn't heard of the damn thing before I started downloading it.

I disliked the series, I'm not taking anything away from it. I just didn't like it. I can see how some people would, it's just not my cup of tea. But I still believe it's an overated series. I can see how some people can like it, but I don't see how some people can like it that much(kinda like Chobbits). I know some guy who says Azumanga is the funniest anime he's ever seen, and the other people in chat where agreeing with him...I just don't see it. I chuckled a few times here and there watching the first few episodes, but that was it. I don't see how people can swear by this anime being the best thing out there right now.

Oh well, to each their own I guess. I'll leave this topic now, before I get destroyed.
Old 16-03-2003, 11:32 AM   #29   [permalink]
jennwenn
Forum Addicted

Nah, its understandable to not like it. The humour is all the same type so if you don't like it, you don't like it. I tried to get my friend to watch Azumanga and she couldn't understand what all my fuss was about. She thought it was boring.
jennwenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2003, 01:03 PM   #30   [permalink]
hGh
Forum Junkie

Quote:
Originally posted by DrkZealot
But I still believe it's an overated series. I can see how some people can like it, but I don't see how some people can like it that much(kinda like Chobbits). I know some guy who says Azumanga is the funniest anime he's ever seen, and the other people in chat where agreeing with him...I just don't see it. I chuckled a few times here and there watching the first few episodes, but that was it. I don't see how people can swear by this anime being the best thing out there right now.
As I said before, I have no problem with you not liking the show, however, I do kind of get worked up when you imply that you know how much somebody else can like a given show. You really can't see into another persons' mind to say if he/she likes a given show that much or not, can you ? For me, it simply is the best anime atm, and I would agree with that guy on the chat. Trust me, I really do like it that much. Do you really think you can tell how much other people like a show that you couldn't care less about ?

Last edited by hGh; 16-03-2003 at 01:06 PM.