Old 01-04-2003, 08:23 PM   #1   [permalink]
Black_Knight
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via ICQ to Black_Knight Send a message via AIM to Black_Knight Send a message via Yahoo to Black_Knight
Post I admit defeat against the Federation...

Bah, seeing how I am always outmatched when it comes to seeing how I always try to prove that Zeon is outmatched. I accept defeat against the forces of Githon and his woman, MauveVandal... But I again say that although we have been smashed to the brink, Zeon will rise again... Sometime, somewhere, somehow, we will return...
-Bishop Oro
Black_Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2003, 09:16 PM   #2   [permalink]
Githon
----- Elite - R.I.P

Send a message via ICQ to Githon Send a message via AIM to Githon
Yes yes, April Fools, haha, we got it.

Of course, you aren't arguing they're outmatched. They're obviously outmatched. They're outmatched in every department except coolness and number of MAs. The feds have more money, more soldiers, more guns, more ships, more MS... etc. The war's essentially about the Feds being jerks about their resources, if they weren't there'd be no Zeon in the first place. But that still doesn't mean MPCs bounce off the GM's forehead and not the Rick Dom's
Githon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2003, 09:43 PM   #3   [permalink]
Black_Knight
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via ICQ to Black_Knight Send a message via AIM to Black_Knight Send a message via Yahoo to Black_Knight
April Fools? Who said that I was using that?

I was thinking more of Luna II

And the Gundam, although a small part of the Federation workforce was ungodly powerful along with the Torjian Horse and all of the orignal cast for the feddies of the show... Minus Ryu survived as well... And the Gundam did survive Mega Partical cannon shots as well... And always had the right parts for the job as well, weather heavy artilry or just out and out speed. And just on the feddy rate of survival as well... All major characters in 08th MS Team, survived.... All major characters in 0080 war in the pocket, survived... All major characters (Minus burning) in 0083 stardust memory, survived... Meanwhile all major characters for Zeon all died... Talk about bias...
-Bishop Oro
Old 01-04-2003, 10:11 PM   #4   [permalink]
Githon
----- Elite - R.I.P

"And the Gundam did survive Mega Partical cannon shots as well"
And Char survived getting thwacked by a beam saber without a scratch. Even Mark Simmons couldn't come up with a reason for that, and he was asked to try.

"Meanwhile all major characters for Zeon all died"
Char didn't die. Until later. In which case not all of the original Whitebase gang survived. I like that you quite obviously and intentionally phrased that entire paragraph to exclude the deaths of a whole lot of feddies.

And I still don't see why all the Zeon killed by Zeon count as a Federation cheapness. It's not Amuro's fault Char blew off Kycillia's head after she shot Gihren after he vaporized Papa Zabi.

And much more importantly, if it wasn't an April Fools Joke and you've declared defeat, why are you still arguing?
Old 01-04-2003, 10:13 PM   #5   [permalink]
MauveVandal
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to MauveVandal
Quote:
Originally posted by Black_Knight
April Fools? Who said that I was using that?

I was thinking more of Luna II

And the Gundam, although a small part of the Federation workforce was ungodly powerful along with the Torjian Horse and all of the orignal cast for the feddies of the show... Minus Ryu survived as well... And the Gundam did survive Mega Partical cannon shots as well... And always had the right parts for the job as well, weather heavy artilry or just out and out speed. And just on the feddy rate of survival as well... All major characters in 08th MS Team, survived.... All major characters in 0080 war in the pocket, survived... All major characters (Minus burning) in 0083 stardust memory, survived... Meanwhile all major characters for Zeon all died... Talk about bias...
Oh, yeah Slegger Law didn't die. Nor did General Revil, Matilda, Lieutenant Woody, Ryu, Colonel Ryer didn't die of course not. 0080, all the major Fed characters there was only 1! A major Zeon sympathizer survived 0080, which was Al. 08th MS Team Aina survived, I mean of course Char survived. Dick Allen was noth more than chunks of meat in 0083. As for the over powered Gundam, whats over powered about it? It was designed to destroy Zaku II's, and it had very high adaptability seeing as how it is a Prototype General Purpose Mobile Suit. As for who can take shots the best, well there is Ramba Ral in his Gouf, taking a 240mm to the chest coming out with no scratches. Or how about Char parrying Gundam's Beam Saber with a Heat Hawk, which by all means isn't possible.
Old 01-04-2003, 11:37 PM   #6   [permalink]
Black_Knight
V.I.P. Member

I belive I mentioned that all the major characters survived... hell, Ryu would have been writen off as a minor character...

Al survived, but he was a mear sympathizer, and Aina? She deserted.

The Gouf, which is made for ground combat has reneforced armor built into the frame seeing how it is much more prone to cannon fire, how about how Amuro was able to destory a gouf with a core fighter? If these people are aces against fighters why couldn't they hit a plane? And the Gundam, high adaptibilty? I can except Zakus, but it was able to go toe-to-toe with Zeon's newest and finest equipment, it was destroied in the final battle but Amuro escaped. And char, if there wasn't a sequal was going to be dead. So what's your point? Also I went on to note that although the Zabi's themselves internally collapsed, it was the chain reacation caused by the Gundam and the Trojian Horse which started it all. Sure it would have happened anway but Girhin killed Papa Zabi because he was going to surrender, and Kycillia was avenging her father's death, and getting control of Zeon was a bonus. As for Char, it was a moment of oppertunity for him.

Githon, remember Luna II... Luna II...
-Bishop Oro
Old 02-04-2003, 12:06 AM   #7   [permalink]
MauveVandal
Forum Master

Quote:
I belive I mentioned that all the major characters survived... hell, Ryu would have been writen off as a minor character...

Al survived, but he was a mear sympathizer, and Aina? She deserted.
So, then what would you consider a major character? What would determine a major character? How much screen time they get? Then a lot of Zeons would've been nothing more than minor characters, seeing as how Ryu was in 21 episodes whereas most Zeon characters didn't even get more than 10 at the most. So, Garma, Ramba Ral, Lalah, Dozle, Kycilla, M'Quve, Gihren, Degwin, Dmitri, Challia Bull, and Flanagan Boone, where minor characters?

Quote:
The Gouf, which is made for ground combat has reneforced armor built into the frame seeing how it is much more prone to cannon fire,
That doesn't explain how Ramba Ral's Gouf could take a 240mm shot to the chest, whereas other Goufs had fallen to the same type of fire.

Quote:
how about how Amuro was able to destory a gouf with a core fighter? If these people are aces against fighters why couldn't they hit a plane?
So, now you accept that? You didn't, when I used it as an example of the Black Tri-Stars fighting Amuro, or how Amuro could kill Zeon aces. You're a hypocrite, there's a difference between fighting a plane in zero-gravity, and fighting a plane under Earth's gravity.

Quote:
And the Gundam, high adaptibilty? I can except Zakus, but it was able to go toe-to-toe with Zeon's newest and finest equipment, it was destroied in the final battle but Amuro escaped.
No, the fact that he's one of the most experienced MS combats of the OYW

Quote:
And char, if there wasn't a sequal was going to be dead. So what's your point?
Quit you're assuming, it just makes an ass out of yourself. Where are your facts proving this, none just as I thought.

Quote:
Also I went on to note that although the Zabi's themselves internally collapsed, it was the chain reacation caused by the Gundam and the Trojian Horse which started it all.
Sure it would have happened anway but Girhin killed Papa Zabi because he was going to surrender, and Kycillia was avenging her father's death, and getting control of Zeon was a bonus. As for Char, it was a moment of oppertunity for him.
So, that explains why one of Degwin Zabi's sons was killed by Jimba Ral before the OYW even started? So, it was because of the Trojan Horse that Char whacked Garma, and iced Kycilla?
Old 02-04-2003, 04:40 AM   #8   [permalink]
Eddy
Forum Master

Black knight you really need to watch zeta Gundam, no end of feds die there.

SPOILERS

Yazan Gable
Myra mirai Lyla
Pampitus scirocco
Bask Ohm
Jerid Mesa
Sarah Zabinov
Reccoa London
Eddie Sakein
Captain Gady
Lt.Commander Jamaican
Jamitov Haiman
Ramzus
Lyahoshi
Kakricorn kakooler
Commander Braun
Lt. Wooder

and plenty more after that

You'd also love ZZ Gundam since the fedsa re portrayed as a bunch of weak,corrupt evil gluttons there, plus neo zion pretty much wins every battle against them.

"There's a molester in your bathroom"-Oh my Goddess

"Akito! come join me in the shower!-Nadesico
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 01:42 PM   #9   [permalink]
Githon
----- Elite - R.I.P

Yes, you should definitly order ZZ from Hong Kong right now.
Old 02-04-2003, 02:52 PM   #10   [permalink]
Eddy
Forum Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Githon
Yes, you should definitly order ZZ from Hong Kong right now.
i dunno..at least the last two dvds were subtitled perfectly, which was very lucky since the series is only good IMO in the last ten episodes or so when the action finally involve battle fleet fighting rather than just, 14 year old kids in their super meccha fighting the villain of the week. Even the dublin colony dropped seemed boring.

"There's a molester in your bathroom"-Oh my Goddess

"Akito! come join me in the shower!-Nadesico
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 08:37 PM   #11   [permalink]
Black_Knight
V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Eddy
Black knight you really need to watch zeta Gundam, no end of feds die there.
Goggle man, if you read carefully I never mentioned the Gundam Cheapness effect for Z Gundam... It was probably more balanced though (Lost of AUEG members died, I know) Because the Feddies were the enemies...

Also mistress of the Gundam, I was using the fact of what you said about the core fighter as a way to prove you wrong, the reason why the core fighter destroied the Gouf was because of the GCE... The rule only applies to those who survive throughout the battle...
-Bishop Oro
Old 02-04-2003, 08:59 PM   #12   [permalink]
Githon
----- Elite - R.I.P

Gundam Cheapness Effect helps the Feddies in 0080, 08th MS Team, Mobile Suit Gundam, 0083, and CCA, but not Z or ZZ? How the hell does that work? It's the same damn Federation.
Old 02-04-2003, 09:01 PM   #13   [permalink]
MauveVandal
Forum Master

Quote:
Also mistress of the Gundam, I was using the fact of what you said about the core fighter as a way to prove you wrong, the reason why the core fighter destroied the Gouf was because of the GCE... The rule only applies to those who survive throughout the battle...
Again, there is a difference between fighting under gravity and fighting in zero-g. An example is 08th MS Team, where there are Zakus and a Dom firing away at Ez-Boosters the only ones that fell victim (on screen) to any sort of attack from the ground where 3.
Old 02-04-2003, 11:36 PM   #14   [permalink]
Black_Knight
V.I.P. Member

Uh? I didn't quite get that...
-Bishop Oro
Old 03-04-2003, 12:01 AM   #15   [permalink]
MauveVandal
Forum Master

Quote:
Uh? I didn't quite get that...
Of course you wouldn't, you're part of the Girhen Youth. Hence, you make no sense what so ever. Mindless Zeon fanboy.