Old 10-08-2003, 03:24 AM   #16   [permalink]
Timon
Forum Addicted

Send a message via ICQ to Timon Send a message via AIM to Timon Send a message via MSN to Timon Send a message via Yahoo to Timon
Arrow wtfs, this show r0x0rs, SOMEONE SAY SOMETHING

Ah, still going strong up to ep 17, I love this show. It's kind of a bit Matrixy, but has a nice spin on the "destined to free humanity" thing. It hasn't really hit any high bars emotionally, but so far it's still kept ya thinking. Course, even though it's been light so far, they could pull a Trigun (there I go mentioning Trigun again... owell, that show was also awsome) and rip Pacifica up near the end.
Old 07-09-2003, 08:14 PM   #17   [permalink]
Darklightz
Forum Elite

I love this serie.The reason the beginning is silly is that they want us to get attached to the characters first (wich I did).I also love when the story isn't black and white.And I love how the three remaining Peacemakers have different opinions on what to do.

And no I don't think they will kill Pacifica.In the story she's the metaphor for freedom;People want her to die but Shannon,Raquel and all the other guardians are fighting for her.
Old 07-09-2003, 09:43 PM   #18   [permalink]
dheu
Forum Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to dheu
Am I the only one who didn't think the beginning was silly? I thought it started out dark and stayed that way. What was silly about finding out that the main character was destined to destroy the world (as we were meant to believe then)?

dheu
dheu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 09:08 PM   #19   [permalink]
oppa
Forum Junkie

Man, haven't posted here in a while. Just watched ep. 20... and boy have things gotten interesting. I was wondering how long it would finally take before a battle of this magnitude would happen. Argh, I can't take this suspense!
Old 09-10-2003, 03:29 AM   #20   [permalink]
APF
Forum Elite

Send a message via AIM to APF
To dregde up a horribly old thread...

The last episode is out, subbed, by AJ.
APF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 04:15 AM   #21   [permalink]
oppa
Forum Junkie

Survey says!....

I choose to wait.

I haven't watched ep. 23 yet. Gonna wait until ep. 24 comes out (by ANYONE BUT AJ!). I did the same thing with Last Exile. I utterly despise cliffhangers.

I guess there was no purpose to this post. Bah.
Old 10-10-2003, 01:32 AM   #22   [permalink]
APF
Forum Elite

Send a message via AIM to APF
Wow... a great end to a great series.

I am so buying this when it comes out.
APF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 05:35 PM   #23   [permalink]
oppa
Forum Junkie

I finally got some free time to watch the last two episodes, and, well...

2 out of 3 recently finished animes have pleased me with their endings. GS sucked ass but LE was good.. and now, so was SP. I was afraid things would get too rushed near the end, but they maintained their usual pacing, didn't complicate things much, and ended very well.

Booya. Maybe this is a sign of good things to come. The two series' from April that I had followed and enjoyed the most both ended great. That's Last Exile and Scrapped Princess for you slow folks. Here's to the current October series' not shafting me with craptastic endings as in GS.

edit:

Quote:
Originally posted by APF
I am so buying this when it comes out.
Hell yea!
Old 10-10-2003, 07:58 PM   #24   [permalink]
The Captain
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to The Captain
I have to agree. It was a fitting ending to a good series. Definitely didn't turn out how I thought it was going to, but that's a good thing. I did call the two hits that Pacifica dealt out towards the end though.
Old 12-10-2003, 07:05 PM   #25   [permalink]
Timon
Forum Addicted

Send a message via ICQ to Timon Send a message via AIM to Timon Send a message via MSN to Timon Send a message via Yahoo to Timon
Aw ya, sure was a good ending. Different from Last Exile, though. LE was a bit more emotional, I thought, but SP still had a well fitting ending.
It was neat how the whole situation of the continent was revealed. It was actually floating above the rest of the planet! And the sky was fake, wow.

But I wonder, what will the aliens do once they realise that humanity is free to attack them again? Or blow themselves up even. I sure hope it isn't some vicious cycle.
Old 26-06-2008, 04:41 PM   #26   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

Send a message via ICQ to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via AIM to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via Yahoo to Pengi_Ken-Ohki
Yeh, wasn't it nice how everything worked out perfectly for the humans? A heroine that is too stupid and lazy to tie her own shoelaces who goes through life ensuring she is the centre of any and all ills in the world. I was so happy when Shannon drew his sword and offered to kill her. She had 16 years to become less pathetic but in the end she just never achieved anything. The conversation between her and Celia or whatever her name was seemed really dumb. Here is a 16yo who can't understand simple explanations, being asked by a 5,000 year old being what the 'right' thing to do is. I thought Shinji Ikari was scraping the barrel for heroes. Whoever came up with Pacifica scraped right through the bottom of the barrel and into whatever soft lame ass mush lay beneath the barrel.

I found Senes to be amusing and the only character I was really interested in (Cz) got nada.

Ugh, just remembered the conversation between Zefiris and Pacifica re: "What should I do?". Goddamn. A 386 could've predicted Pacifica's answers.
Pengi_Ken-Ohki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 02:39 PM   #27   [permalink]
Macross

I really enjoyed this anime. It had a tragic feel to it. Sad but happy too. With a very good ending.

Macross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 05:25 PM   #28   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

Send a message via ICQ to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via AIM to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via Yahoo to Pengi_Ken-Ohki
What was sad about it? The main character never even grew a goddamn brain she had life that easy.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:20 AM   #29   [permalink]
Macross

The main character had a pretty hard life. The whole world hated her. Everyone wanted to kill her. Everyone believed she should be dead. Being alive meant putting the people around her in danger of being killed.

That kind of situation can seriously screw with your mind. You might expect someone in that situation to become dark and bitter, and probably vicious.

But the strength of Pacifica's character is that she managed to stay lighthearted despite being considered "cursed trash" by the world. The fact that she wasn't a bitch in her circumstances is what made her character interesting.

Or not, depending on the viewer...
Macross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 02:46 AM   #30   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

No, the fact she didn't become bitter, or even competent at *anything* reveals that her life wasn't so hard. I've met plenty of cheery people who are cheery in the face of a horribly dealt hand in life. But they're not moron bimbos who run around acting like spoiled little brats and relying on everyone else to preserve their precious life.

Hell, I liked it when the brother finally threatened her life. It made it clear that she needed to either deal with it or just die already.

If people you loved were going to die for you, because of you, don't you think you'd at least try to make their lives a little better? Be it through helping out with chores or learning how to defend yourself? She was every bit the drag on her siblings that she thought she was, only she wasn't strong enough to try and do anything about it.