Old 10-07-2005, 07:58 PM   #496   [permalink]
Magicfangirl
Forum Addicted

Send a message via AIM to Magicfangirl
The man's strange concern was flattering to him. The blonde smiled lightly as he answered the young doll. "It's not so much the price, it's the value of it..." Gustav held the knife blade down, admiring the detail in a half-eyed glance. "To answer your question...I got it from Ian."

Once he could use it, through training Ian nicely offered, then it would be worth it all. Although, just owning something of this sort was worth the price tag. I'm unsure why he still cares...but it's nice that he does.
A natural skeptic when it came to people's motives it surprised Gustav that Ian didn't take the 'money' and run. Oh, well. So I lost a few years...I might get them back. Who knows? Suddenly, a thought came to him. The blonde suddenly wished he'd asked more questions. Or at least one. What is he going to do with years of my life anyway?
Magicfangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2005, 07:36 PM   #497   [permalink]
Kayay
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to Kayay
"That knife has changed hands many times over the years, often in a pool of blood." China's eyes looked up into Gustav's, and blue met blue. "Be careful. Don't use it without good reason, especially before you've mastered it, and if you suspect you're losing control, be rid of it."

"What knife?"

China smiled at Cal as the Sage entered the room. "Jack's Knife, also known as The Silence Knife."

Cal frowned and scratched the side of his face. "What about it?"

"Gustav has it."

"It's trouble." Cal had never seen the weapon before, but he knew enough about it to be concerned.

"It's his. He bought it from Ian."

"Who?"

"A friend they brought along, a Rake I believe."

The man muttered something incomprehensible under his breath but said no more.

"You look tired, Cal," China observed, deftly changing the subject. The Remade slumped a little as he stood -- the others might not even notice but she knew him well enough -- and worry creased his face and shadowed his eyes. "How is she?"

"Sleeping."

"She'll be all right."

"Maybe."

((OOC: I'll write up something for Zav and Maghenna a.s.a.p. and edit this post.))

- Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
- Five exclamation marks, the sure sign of an insane mind.
Kayay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2005, 05:58 PM   #498   [permalink]
Magicfangirl
Forum Addicted

Send a message via AIM to Magicfangirl
Get rid of it? Gustav eyed his dagger, passing it back and forth in his hands. There was yet to be an attachment between him and the knife, and there was hope that a bond would never form. The German had heard stories of people growing far to in lust with a material possession and, after long drawn out periods, eventually dying because of it. All this usually came from over excited or just loud couples leaving movie theaters; he never quite understood how that could happen in real life.
Eh. So I throw it out if I go nuts? Well, if I threw it out that would mean I gave four years away for nichts*. As long as I'm all ready crazy I might as well keep it to spare myself from getting pissed off too.

Placing the knife inside of his left side pocket, the only one that didn't have a gaping hole in it, Gustav decided take a look around the shop. In reality he wanted to follow around his new comrade but for fear of looking like a stalker...
Blue eyes peered into a bottle filled with some weird liquid. "My...what interesting..." He gave up faking interest when he realized the contents were probably best left unknown.

(OOC: *nothing. You know I always thought it was spelt 'neit'. Thankfully I do not come from Germany, eh?)
Magicfangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2005, 08:44 PM   #499   [permalink]
Kayay
Forum Master

An Announcement

((OOC: Attention, all active players and those who wish to join/rejoin, please contact me via PM or IM, although for the matter at hand I prefer the latter. Thank you.))

- Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Old 30-09-2005, 02:33 PM   #500   [permalink]
Kayay
Forum Master

Unhappy Goodbye

Iím closing this game down. There was some response to my last OOC but not enough to ensure a smooth times ahead, so to claim otherwise and promise to keep things going would be naÔve or a lie. I apologize to those who recently survived the arduous application process, but it wouldn't be fair to you or the other people who want to play to continue, because, to paraphrase someone, it only works if everyone posts regularly. But, as before, if anyone has questions such as what the plot of the roleplay was, who the main villain was, what role the mad scientist Oz had, what plans I had for your character, just who or what was China, how mythology and religion played a role, or anything else PM or IM me.

Finally, Iíve got some other off site ideas should you want to stretch your creative muscles, something hopefully accommodating enough to peoplesí various schedules that everyone can have fun. So keep in touch; Iím easy to get a hold of.

On May 30th, 2003 the first post was made in Neverwhere.
On September 30st, 2005, over two years and almost 500 quality posts later, the last Animeboards RPG ends.

*tear*