Old 17-06-2003, 10:50 AM   #1   [permalink]
Fatal Outlaw
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to Fatal Outlaw
Kimagure Orange Road

i had the oppurtunity to buy the 12 dvd's from AnimEigo...and i have to say, its one of THE BEST romance anime series' ive ever seen. sadly, its not too popular among fans in the US, well, thats why i started this thread, to find out how many people have seen the series
Fatal Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2003, 11:44 AM   #2   [permalink]
cloakactive
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

Send a message via AIM to cloakactive
//raises hand//

I've seen it... a loooooooooooong time ago on VHS fansubs. Have you seen Marmalade boy yet? If you liked KOR you might think about giving Marmalade boy a chance.
cloakactive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2003, 10:47 PM   #3   [permalink]
pikarod

Send a message via AIM to pikarod Send a message via Yahoo to pikarod
Lightbulb

Haven't seen the series, but I did see KOR: Summer's Beginning, which I think is the follow-up movie to the series. I enjoyed it, and in fact I have it as part of my video collection. If I liked that, then no doubt I would enjoy as well the KOR series.
Old 17-06-2003, 11:47 PM   #4   [permalink]
Fatal Outlaw
Forum Master

Quote:
Originally posted by pikarod
Haven't seen the series, but I did see KOR: Summer's Beginning, which I think is the follow-up movie to the series. I enjoyed it, and in fact I have it as part of my video collection. If I liked that, then no doubt I would enjoy as well the KOR series.
thats the next [KOR: Summer's Begginning movie] on my "to buy list". i just finished watching disc 11 of the series, one more disc and im done with the series

anyway, i have a question, are the OVA's a follow-up or a re-telling?
Old 18-06-2003, 12:15 AM   #5   [permalink]
pikarod

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by Fatal Outlaw
anyway, i have a question, are the OVA's a follow-up or a re-telling?
I'm not sure if there are OVAs of KOR, but as far as Summer's Beginning goes, it's a follow-up to the series, not a retelling.
Old 18-06-2003, 04:44 AM   #6   [permalink]
Gryshnak
Forum Junkie

I have the first two tapes (official, subbed), I can't remember if that makes 4 eps or 6. I only watched the first ep - yaaaaawwwwnn. It went back on the shelf and I forgot about it, otherwise it would have gone on eBay for 20c. What do people see in KOR?

I don't mind a slow start, I thought Haibane Renmei was brilliant. But KOR is just bland. If anyone in the UK wants these tapes, I'll swap them for just about any other anime (as long as it's not dubbed, I hate dubs).
Gryshnak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2003, 09:34 PM   #7   [permalink]
Fatal Outlaw
Forum Master

Quote:
I'm not sure if there are OVAs of KOR, but as far as Summer's Beginning goes, it's a follow-up to the series, not a retelling.
yea, there's OVA's of KOR, theres also the first movie (i think Summer's Begginning is the second movie) being released by AnimEigo in october. i just wanna know if the OVA's continue the story from the tv series....

btw, how do you know if the movie is a follow up if you havent seen the series? well anyway, im watching the movie tomorow
Old 18-06-2003, 09:38 PM   #8   [permalink]
Fatal Outlaw
Forum Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Gryshnak
I have the first two tapes (official, subbed), I can't remember if that makes 4 eps or 6. I only watched the first ep - yaaaaawwwwnn. It went back on the shelf and I forgot about it, otherwise it would have gone on eBay for 20c. What do people see in KOR?

I don't mind a slow start, I thought Haibane Renmei was brilliant. But KOR is just bland. If anyone in the UK wants these tapes, I'll swap them for just about any other anime (as long as it's not dubbed, I hate dubs).
i have to agree. KOR starts out pretty slow, but it gets to it around 12 episodes into the series. i have to say, KOR is one of the BEST romance anime series' ive seen (along with "If I See You in my Dreams" and "Fushigi Yugi"). seeing KOR makes me want to watch Maison Ikkoku
Old 18-06-2003, 10:07 PM   #9   [permalink]
iwakura
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to iwakura
I picked up the series a while back on LD since I heard it was so good. I was not dissapointed. It's the best "Love Triangle" anime I've seen, and I've seen alot of shoujo over the years.

It's a bit like the series Wonder Years, but with a romantic focus.
iwakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2003, 11:19 PM   #10   [permalink]
pikarod

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by Fatal Outlaw
btw, how do you know if the movie is a follow up if you havent seen the series? well anyway, im watching the movie tomorow
Well, you see, there are these things called websites, and they provide info on the series as well as the OVA and movie (or movies), so... Just kidding you there. Seriously, yeah I did look the series up, more or less. Plus Summer's Beginning have some flashbacks in it, so you pretty much get an idea about it.
Old 19-06-2003, 12:59 AM   #11   [permalink]
Fatal Outlaw
Forum Master

Quote:
Well, you see, there are these things called websites, and they provide info on the series as well as the OVA and movie (or movies), so... Just kidding you there. Seriously, yeah I did look the series up, more or less. Plus Summer's Beginning have some flashbacks in it, so you pretty much get an idea about it.
wow, an anime fan that actually looks up the series he'll be watching j/k
Old 31-01-2005, 12:21 AM   #12   [permalink]
bmatsea

I have the entire series ecluding the OVA's and movie.
the ova's are partly included in the series and after the last episode. the first movie happens after the series of course.
bmatsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 11:51 AM   #13   [permalink]
z80

KOR is definately one of my favorites. Old-school at it's best. The characters are so good the little psychic power sub-plot thing just floats into the background. This and Maison Ikkoku are required viewing
z80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 04:39 PM   #14   [permalink]
dheu
Forum Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to dheu
I've always wanted to see it, but it's getting hard to find in stores. Did they pull it from production or something?

Maybe I'll just have to find it online sometime. Now that I'm actually getting paid, I just might be able to afford it.
Old 01-02-2005, 06:19 PM   #15   [permalink]
z80

Here's a question for the old-timers.. Who here saw KOR, the TV Series, for the first time as badly copied fansubs from Arctic Animation, like me? As a sub-question, who here remembers Arctic? You know the 5$ per tape fansubbing operation from the Great White North. It took them a while to get the stuff to you, but at a time when the Internet was basically nothing more than ARPANET, they were a good source for the few actually watching the stuff.
z80 is offline   Reply With Quote