Old 13-08-2003, 04:39 AM   #32   [permalink]
Gryshnak
Forum Junkie

I hope not (shudder)
Gryshnak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 11:01 AM   #33   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

Yes theirs nothing worse than hearing something in your native tounge, damn ear destroying english dubs when will you learn *shakes fist at sky*
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 05:08 PM   #34   [permalink]
akwan50
Executive Member

Send a message via AIM to akwan50
Quote:
Originally posted by Gryshnak
I hope not (shudder)
Oops, guess I missed this post from almost a month ago. Response.......

Even if it was dubbed, there'd still be the option of watching it in Japanese with subtitles, so there is no problem. Actually, I'm still waiting for someone to announce that they have the title(there's been speculation that it was been picked up, just no one has announced it). As bad as the dub may be, I don't have any doubt that they DVD's will include an uncut subbbed version. So if the dub sucks, pretend like it doesn't exist. That's what I'll do if the dub really does suck.
#1 Inuyasha fan. :D
akwan50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 03:42 AM   #35   [permalink]
Gryshnak
Forum Junkie

As long as the sub option is there and the anime hasn't been 'improved' to make it more appealing to a Western audience then I'm happy to have a dub track as well. I know it makes financial sense to have both versions on the same DVD.
Old 31-10-2003, 09:36 PM   #36   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to ACE2001 Send a message via Yahoo to ACE2001
It's official.....Saikano has been licensed...by VIZ!!!?? Out of all the companines. This is definately a shocker to me. I thought that Saikano would go to Genenon. Anways, heres the bombshell:

http://www.animenation.net/news/index.php?id=5548

Boy that's a long wait. Good thing I have the Region 2 Discs!
ACE2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2003, 11:35 PM   #37   [permalink]
kindred350

ACE2001 I will be like you pretty soon to because I have order the box set to (all of them are subtitle to). Funny thing is that when I am about to get it viz decide to finally tell us that they have to and that it will be this april.
Old 13-11-2003, 03:14 PM   #38   [permalink]
Kyrakasa
Forum Junkie

What other Anime's have Viz Dubbed?

I thought they do comic books?

~_~
Kyrakasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 09:01 AM   #39   [permalink]
Gryshnak
Forum Junkie

Saikano on eBay (not bootlegs)

I see there are a couple of Saikano DVDs on eBay, official Japanese releases rather than bootlegs. Apart from a scary price tag, it looks like 2 eps on the first DVD and four eps on the second one. Anyone know if this is the format Viz will be following?

The first Saikano disc from Viz should be nicely timed, coming out shortly after the last Haibane Renmei disc from Pioneer
Old 12-01-2004, 01:16 PM   #40   [permalink]
Dr0nak
Forum Junkie

Send a message via AIM to Dr0nak Send a message via Yahoo to Dr0nak
I don't know, but it wouldn't be *that* unreasonable. It's a 13 episode series and they could be aiming for something like 2, 4, 4, 3. I was able to see this fansubbed before it was licensed and remember seeing a little warning at the end of episode 10 that if you want a happy ending, stop now and don't watch the last three episodes because it all goes downhill. They could be arranging the episodes on the DVDs to make sure the final DVD has only the last three episodes. That would give you the choice of buying only 3 DVDs and having the happier ending or buying all 4 and getting the depressing ending.
Dr0nak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 07:41 PM   #41   [permalink]
Mav

Damnit, the depressing ending is the whole point! They should force everybody to watch those last three episodes, holding their eyes open Clockwork Orange style!
Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2004, 05:23 AM   #42   [permalink]
Gryshnak
Forum Junkie

Originally Posted by Dr0nak
They could be arranging the episodes on the DVDs to make sure the final DVD has only the last three episodes. That would give you the choice of buying only 3 DVDs and having the happier ending or buying all 4 and getting the depressing ending.
Ah, excellent point! I was trying to figure out why they would only have 2 eps on the first DVD.

I have this on fansub already, I loved it and that's why I want to get the official release. And the last 3 eps are very necessary
Old 13-01-2004, 01:12 PM   #43   [permalink]
Dr0nak
Forum Junkie

Send a message via AIM to Dr0nak Send a message via Yahoo to Dr0nak
Yeah, I did watch the whole thing. I'm not sure the story would be the same without the final three episodes. But it was a really sad series. I was on the verge of crying many times throughout the show. I didn't actually cry, but I was tearing up a lot. It was a pretty good story, but I'm not sure it's the kind of thing I'd really want to watch over and over again. I'm stressed and worried enough with real life issues, I don't really want to watch a lot of anime that's depressing, too. I may consider getting it in the future, but it's not particularly high on my list right now. (See my recent thread here for what I'm looking at buying next and some suggestions from others.)
Dr0nak is offline   Reply With Quote