Old 10-08-2003, 01:50 AM   #1   [permalink]
Hitomi_333
Forum Addicted

Send a message via AIM to Hitomi_333
Extra dead feet

Forgive me, but I've yet to see the entire series, so I'm hoping this isn't explained later (I doubt it will be, or else I wouldn't ask).

Anyway, my question is from episode four. Naota findshis dead-looking father in the closet and either drags or has him attached to him (I couldn't figure out what was going on) and takes him to the tub where he dumps water on him, which makes him look more alive. But in this scene with him in the tub, you can see another pair of dead feet in the bathroom.

I saw them and asked my boyfriend if he saw them for confirmation that I'm not crazy.

Whose feet are these?
Hitomi_333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 01:55 AM   #2   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via MSN to orochi X
Second pair of feet ... I havent watched FLCL for a few monthes but could the extra pair of feet be robot Kamons?
orochi X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 05:37 AM   #3   [permalink]
Shadow War
Forum Elite

Send a message via ICQ to Shadow War Send a message via AIM to Shadow War
That scene has always made me wonder. I think that it might just be the other Kamons feet but I will have to watch it again to see for sure.
Shadow War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 09:25 AM   #4   [permalink]
Nulani
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to Nulani Send a message via AIM to Nulani Send a message via MSN to Nulani Send a message via Yahoo to Nulani
I was always confused by that scene, the entire phase with the Kamon robot really.

The most likely explanation is that it's robot Kamon's feet, although, since when did Furi Kuri have likely explanations?
Nulani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 11:29 AM   #5   [permalink]
Lt Zechs
Forum Elite

I think that the extra feet are robot Kamon's feet, cause in later scenes when Haruko bursts through the wall/door on her vespa, she runs over the robot who is nearby, so it was probably the robot's feet.

But then again Nulani does make a good point, making-sense rarely does seem to come in to it.

"The freedom we have, the choices we make, the sacrifices we pay, make life so complicated."
Lt Zechs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 12:23 AM   #6   [permalink]
DrZepp
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

Send a message via ICQ to DrZepp Send a message via AIM to DrZepp
Haruko obviously tried to open an N.O. channel with Kamon, but it failed in one way or another. It doesnt seem like they ever answer whats up with the 'Mechanical' version of Natoas dad, but it probably has something to do with Haruko.

When she opened the N.O. channel, or 'borrowed his head' it seemed to kill or disable him. This would account for the dead looking version of Kamon you see... but where the hell did the Mechanical one come from?
Its a long shot, but what if an unstable N.O. channel was opened, and the mechanical Kamon was what actually sprouted from the real Kamons head, almost like a replacement, or manifestation of the 'fake cool' side of Kamon. Not that theres really any shred of evidence to support it, but its kind of a neat thought.

edit: wait, wait... i just realized... I think Haruko MADE the Kamon robot. When it sounds like they are having sex, Haru is just fixing it, trying to cover up for basically killing Naotas dad. Hmm... ill have to think more about it.

Last edited by DrZepp; 11-08-2003 at 12:33 AM.
DrZepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 02:19 AM   #7   [permalink]
TheF0rce

This episode has taught me a lot..."you can revive dead people by pouring water on them"
TheF0rce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 03:14 AM   #8   [permalink]
DrZepp
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

Send a message via ICQ to DrZepp Send a message via AIM to DrZepp
Quote:
Originally posted by TheF0rce
This episode has taught me a lot..."you can revive dead people by pouring water on them"
Notice how Mamimi seems to revive the terminal core with her cigarette smoke... A theme maybe? heh
DrZepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2003, 03:32 PM   #9   [permalink]
TheF0rce

that core was addicted to nicotine
what with being an evil robot and all...ha
TheF0rce is offline   Reply With Quote