Old 12-01-2004, 02:58 AM   #1   [permalink]
Keroppilee
Executive Member

Send a message via AIM to Keroppilee
Blue Gender Ending Question *Spoilers*

At the very end of the last episode when the scene is panning out from the earth, there is a weird buzzing sound of what seems to be voices or something but I cant make out if they're saying anything. Does anybody have any idea what it is?
Old 13-01-2004, 01:03 AM   #2   [permalink]
OniBaka

*Spoiler alert*

This is something that's been bugging me (No pun intended) ever since I saw it on Toonami. At the end, Yuji had come to terms with being 'Blue' yet also human. The static may have been something left behind from his connection to the blue. Seemed like the worst aspects of humanity got blown away when the space stations were annihilated. I never could get exactly why since the show was edited to death. I have yet to see them unedited. Have to wait til I can afford netflix for that. Or some place I can rent DVDs.

OniBaka
OniBaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2004, 03:39 AM   #3   [permalink]
Keroppilee
Executive Member

Send a message via AIM to Keroppilee
* Spoiler Spoiler*

The stations being blown up was just to show that those on the stations who had essentially been raised knowing only the military were going nuts without any thing to do. Their only hope had been that someday they could recapture the earth and that hope was gone now.

This is in contrast to yuji who had now found a new hope and a new reason to live, marlene, and his unborn child.
Old 14-01-2004, 02:36 AM   #4   [permalink]
OniBaka

I was starting to get that impression too. Without anything to live for, all they had was something to die for. And the paranoia used to try and unite the station wasn't exactly a bright idea.

The future looked brighter planetside.

Thanks for the confirmation.

PB
OniBaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2004, 06:33 PM   #5   [permalink]
Black_Knight
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via ICQ to Black_Knight Send a message via AIM to Black_Knight Send a message via Yahoo to Black_Knight
Originally Posted by Keroppilee
* Spoiler Spoiler*

The stations being blown up was just to show that those on the stations who had essentially been raised knowing only the military were going nuts without any thing to do. Their only hope had been that someday they could recapture the earth and that hope was gone now.

This is in contrast to yuji who had now found a new hope and a new reason to live, marlene, and his unborn child.

I was wondering what that was about why they all went Nuts and killed Gendo... I mean the science director.

But what was with the transports leaving? Or trying to leave.
-Bishop Oro
Black_Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 02:56 AM   #6   [permalink]
zxzxzxzxzxzx
Executive Member

The bit at the end that had all the space people flipping out and killing each other - I thought that was cause the earth had sent a whole bunch of "suicide orders". Wasn't that what all those shiny lazer type light shafts were?

Either way, you're right.
zxzxzxzxzxzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 03:34 AM   #7   [permalink]
Lt Amada
Executive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Lt Amada Send a message via AIM to Lt Amada Send a message via MSN to Lt Amada Send a message via Yahoo to Lt Amada
Actually, I figured the violence was caused by the failure of Gendo's plans. It was pretty obvious that their resources were strained to the max; to live up there was going to be pure suicide. That, and they were bound to realize sooner than later that Gendo was a madman who thought he had all the answers.
Old 06-04-2005, 07:52 PM   #8   [permalink]
iwakura
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to iwakura
I think it was just showing that it was going to be a true Adam and Eve restart...

So much for genetic diversity ^_^
Old 07-04-2005, 09:27 PM   #9   [permalink]
kamikazefstorm
Forum Junkie

Send a message via AIM to kamikazefstorm
Definently a rebirth of humankind. My only question is, if the Earth got rid of the Blue, why did they have to fight a super-sized one at the end?
kamikazefstorm is offline   Reply With Quote