Old 14-01-2004, 12:51 PM   #1   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to ACE2001 Send a message via Yahoo to ACE2001
Mezzo TV: Dectective Service Agency

SPOILERS

Spoiler:
Before I go into detail, I already knew what to expect because I watched the OVA and was floored by the jaw-dropping action. The first episdoe was no exception. It was pretty action packed from the get-go. Alot of fancy gun-play was envolved which was pretty sweet not to mention the animation hasn't lost it touch, it was pretty smooth. Mikura-chan looked pretty hot!! Not to mention she eats like a freckin horse!! Judging just by the first episode thing are only going to get more violent from here on out. One noteable thing to mention is that I like the music as well.

As far as the plot is concerned, It was average, revenge was objective here which was played out pretty well. It was pretty sad actually. It revolved around a lover's triangle between three people that ended up going totally wrong. What's messed up about was that the guy Tazikawa couldn't remember what he did 15 years ago because he had the Alhzhimer disease. If I were Asano, I would have killed the bastard, but Mikari's ghost came to calm him down, that was when......well I let you watch and find out. At the end there was sniper on the roof....I am thinking he's from the Black Scissors but I guess we'll see.

All in all, it was fun watching the first episode as I am an action junkie and Mezzo is sure not to disappoint. Watch it now, if you can.

Last edited by ACE2001; 14-01-2004 at 01:19 PM.
ACE2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2004, 01:05 PM   #2   [permalink]
eva2000
Administrator

use the new spoiler tag bbcode http://animeboards.com/showthread.php?t=55670

http://animeboards.com/misc.php?do=bbcode
Old 14-01-2004, 01:21 PM   #3   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Sorry to knock off topic, but thanks eva2000! The spoiler feature is cool! I'll use it from now on.
Old 14-01-2004, 07:26 PM   #4   [permalink]
oppa
Forum Junkie

Hehe ...hahahaha

Yup. This series looks like it's gonna be just like the OVA, which is definitely a good thing. The same comedy and action... both of which was what allowed me to enjoy the OVA.

I've always loved Yasuomi Umetsu's character designs, but never had anything long enough to see if it was very diverse. I'm also really interested to see how he fares directing longer story arcs. Oh, and I can finally see some of his characters fleshed out. Yup, lots to look for here due to it actually being longer than TWO episodes.

Spoiler:
I almost died at one of the parts near the end. Just after she falls with Amano and gets blown through the window, the guys are wondering if she's alright and she quickly pops out yelling "Yahoo!" Yea, that was too much.

edit: The spoiler tag kicks ass!

Last edited by oppa; 14-01-2004 at 07:28 PM.
oppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2004, 07:57 PM   #5   [permalink]
Sigurd Fatima
Forum Master

So this is going to be a Mezzo Forte tv series? Sounds awesome. I just saw the OVA not less than a month ago for the first time. Some classify Mezzo Forte as a hentai so I take it this tv series will be for mature audiences only due to the gore at least...
Sigurd Fatima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2004, 01:58 AM   #6   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Originally Posted by Sigurd Fatima
So this is going to be a Mezzo Forte tv series? Sounds awesome. I just saw the OVA not less than a month ago for the first time. Some classify Mezzo Forte as a hentai so I take it this tv series will be for mature audiences only due to the gore at least...

Well their are two versions of Mezzo Forte OVA, the original, which I believe is from Media Blasters and Kitty, which is the hentai version that contains 3 minutes of sexual footage. The sex in it is irrelevant to the plot. Mezzo Forte is definately aiming towards the mature audience.
Old 15-01-2004, 03:13 AM   #7   [permalink]
oppa
Forum Junkie

Yea, the sex was VERY irrelevant for the OVA. I got the cut version than later got the uncut version because I thought at least one of the scenes would be like Kite. The sex scenes may not have been completely necessary, but some of them did provide a different outlook to the situation than when they weren't there.

The TV series will undoubtedly have plenty of fan service, but no hardcore stuff though. It IS a TV series. Violence, that's another matter. Given what the first episode had, it doesn't look any less violent. This series will definitely not be for the faint of heart.
Old 23-01-2004, 06:19 AM   #8   [permalink]
Marius
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to Marius Send a message via AIM to Marius Send a message via Yahoo to Marius
I've just seen the first 2 eps of the TV series and it was pretty crazy. I haven't seen the OVA and I'm wondering if I should've. I'll keep following the series regardless cos the action scenes are worth watching, brilliant animation for them.
Marius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2004, 07:49 AM   #9   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Yeah, the OVA is DEFINATELY worth a watch!!! I need to watch episode 2.....