Old 17-01-2004, 02:42 PM   #1   [permalink]
Abyss of Hell

How would you guys watch a anime if you had the whole thing

Now hoping and I know I will get it, I will get Azumanga Daiou, and the pass animes I have goting, I been watching the whole seriesin less then three days. Now the result from doing that, I find myself after watching the whole thing I just go to the next anime and do the same thing, and the cycle go's on. Finally I relizae that I have a habit and need to break it off, so I am content with I have and just enjoy them, and not just go looking for another anime.

Question How will you watch a 26 episode series, or any series for that matter, and you have the whole thing. Now I have my own method of doing things, but I would like to hear your guys opinion on the matter to.
Abyss of Hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2004, 02:51 PM   #2   [permalink]
EVA fiend
Forum Master

Depends on how engrossing the series is to begin with.., I watched the entirety of Escaflowne in 2 days..., but Gasaraki took me several weeks, as the pacing of the show irritated me..,
But generally, I don't always buy series all in one go (it's too expensive for a start).., I usually buy them one at a time as they are being released..,

"Touch not the pussy without a glove" - McPhearson clan motto ala IAL :P
EVA fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2004, 03:05 PM   #3   [permalink]
Abyss of Hell

Thumbs up

Yeah because I been trying some new. I will wait until the new series is half way done, or just get the whole series when it is done releaseing all of it's volumes. That way I will get a more impact of the whole in one. And believe me I did that with GTO and man I was thrill with the series and still am.
Abyss of Hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2004, 03:25 PM   #4   [permalink]
Dr0nak
Forum Junkie

Send a message via AIM to Dr0nak Send a message via Yahoo to Dr0nak
I normally try to buy boxed sets or at least complete series so I'm normally in this situation. I don't like forced delays -- the next DVD isn't out or it is, but I have to order it and wait for it to arrive. I'd rather save up my money and wait; the boxed sets are often cheaper than buying all the DVDs one at a time, too. That way I can watch things at my own pace, as fast or slow as I like. I'll usually try to watch one episode a day and stretch things out. I like to make the fun of a first time watching last for a while. It also helps keep some of the suspense when an episode ends on a cliff hanger and you have to wait to see what happens next. Normally, I also don't have the time to sit down and watch a couple of DVDs in one sitting. I might be able to get through one, but a 26 episode series would be finished in about 1 week that way instead of about 1 month by watching one episode a day. I might watch a couple episodes in a row, but I think 1 DVD per day would be my limit. Usually I try to restrict myself to one, maybe two episodes a day.
Dr0nak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2004, 08:27 PM   #5   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via MSN to orochi X
It all depends, if I get a full series 26 episodes (mostly I would only get a full series off my friend I don't really purchase boxsets or all the volumes at once) I would generally finish it in a week or so, 3 days minimum if I really enjoy it.

I tend to buy series volume by volume as they get released, thing is if I really wanted to see the series I don't think I could wait that long for the whole series to be released as a boxset and buy it as a whole ..
orochi X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2004, 03:11 AM   #6   [permalink]
DrZepp
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

Send a message via ICQ to DrZepp Send a message via AIM to DrZepp
I crammed Berserk into one (or maybe two) long ass sittings... It was intense. I prefer doing it in one or two pops usually, when i can.
DrZepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2004, 06:50 AM   #7   [permalink]
Fuhrur
Forum Junkie

Send a message via AIM to Fuhrur Send a message via MSN to Fuhrur Send a message via Yahoo to Fuhrur
I mostly just watch one episode. Leave. Come back in a few minutes times and repeat till I get drawn away doing something else. When watching a series for the first time, I get it finished within a week unless some episodes are not in my reach.
Fuhrur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2004, 07:25 AM   #8   [permalink]
The_NME
Forum Junkie

I usually only watch about two DVDs at a time because I mostly watch anime late at night. Anymore and I start to get tired or get the wanders (especially during the day). Early last year I was going to watch Evangelion all the way though in Japanese becuase I hadn't done it yet. I got up to DVD 7 about six months ago and haven't finished watching it since.
The_NME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2004, 01:24 PM   #9   [permalink]
Abyss of Hell

Man your guys are as bad as me. I think I will try something new and like for everyday I will just watch one to 3 episodes, and if I want more I will just watch the episodes that I have already watch, then if it is the right time watch the rest.
Old 18-01-2004, 03:41 PM   #10   [permalink]
Neo Evangelion
Executive Member

I would definately like to pace myself when it comes to anime series that I enjoy, but if I have a lot of episodes of it onhand, I tend to watch them straight. It just gets so engrossing that I forget about other things. I've never been able to watch an entire series in one sitting (nor would I want to when I think about it), since there's usually something that snaps me out of my anime watching and lets me realize that I have other things to do... Booyaka
Neo Evangelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2004, 03:56 PM   #11   [permalink]
Darklightz
Forum Elite

Aaah,there's nothing like ordering some japanese food,sitting down to the table with the four legs cut in half to look like a japanese table and watch a full anime series!For a short -oh so sweet!- moment,you can feel like you have a little part of Japan in your house lol

Seriously,I rarely watch a series all at once simply because I could never buy/download it at once,and I don't have the patience to wait for it.And even if I did have the patience,I'd rather not get a complete series just in case it would get boring halfway in the series(like .hack//sign and Legend of Arislan).
Old 18-01-2004, 05:34 PM   #12   [permalink]
Jecca-neko

It depends on what it is, how much time I have, and whether I want to do something else or not. On average I watch 1 DVD a day though, so if I'm in the middle of a series I'll just keep going with that until it's over. Sometimes I'll watch a ton of episodes at once on weekends or something.
Jecca-neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2004, 01:29 AM   #13   [permalink]
DarkPrimus
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to DarkPrimus
Well, it depends.

When I borrowed the Slayers boxset from a friend, I watched it all in two (!) days, while usually, I'll only watch maybe an hour or so of anime a day, if I have the full series.

Dying is so damn expensive, I don't think I can afford it.

Founder and Executive Council member of the Bebop Mafia. Alias: Crimson Tears.
DarkPrimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2004, 01:39 AM   #14   [permalink]
Kero-chan

Send a message via AIM to Kero-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Kero-chan
I very rarly buy boxsets. When I do it is on specail(thinks rightstuf). Also, It depends on my schedule. Since I work full time and have other activites I usally only get a show or two in per sitting. Once in a great while though I will sit down and watch a dvd or two per sitting. I did that with City Hunter not to long ago. Ethier way is fine I suppose. I like having to wait for the next volume to get realsed so that way I can think about the plot and get really deep into the subtext of the whole thing. A lot of times me and my friends will just talk about what a certin series is trying to say or what it is convaying. On the other hand some friends of mine have sat through whole series in one complete sitting.

2) By raising your legs slowly and lying on your back, you cannot sink into quicksand.
Kero-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2004, 09:05 PM   #15   [permalink]
Spike 558
Forum Elite

Send a message via AIM to Spike 558 Send a message via MSN to Spike 558 Send a message via Yahoo to Spike 558
Personally, I hate buying DVD's of various series as they are released - I hate waiting around to find out what happens next!
But it's the thought of "Don't stop! Keep Going!" that makes me buy my DVD's in bulk. Indeed, I first saw Vandread Second Stage in one sitting - likewise for the first series of Slayers
If one of my cartoons has brought joy and laughter to just one person, if I have been able to make just one person simply smile and forget their troubles for only a moment, then that cartoon, clearly, was not worth drawing
- The Complete Far Side
Spike 558 is offline   Reply With Quote