Old 25-01-2004, 01:06 PM   #1   [permalink]
Abyss of Hell

All anime in the world and still boring

Do you guys ever have this problem. Were you have the best of the best animes, and you seen all of them, but when you go and try to figure out which one to watch, you have no idea what to watch because you ready do not feel like watching anything. Now I should be able to go ahead pick anime to watch and just watch it, but I do not. So do you guys ever have this problem, and what did you do to solve it.
Old 25-01-2004, 01:49 PM   #2   [permalink]
NewGenesis

Send a message via ICQ to NewGenesis
Yeah, but when this happens I just get on the internet
Old 25-01-2004, 01:49 PM   #3   [permalink]
Wolfpac
Senior ---------: V.I.P.

Send a message via ICQ to Wolfpac Send a message via AIM to Wolfpac Send a message via MSN to Wolfpac Send a message via Yahoo to Wolfpac
Yeah I have that problem too. But I think why it happens is because you know what's going to happen. There just isn't anything that's going to surprise you. You see when you watch something for the first time there is that sense of mystery. Even if what you are watching is boring, you still have no idea what is going to happen next. But when you've seen it before you know all of the twists and turns. So unless you want to figure out new theories or you really love the show, there is no need of really watching something again.

But an answer to fix it: Buy New Anime.
Old 25-01-2004, 03:15 PM   #4   [permalink]
Jecca-neko

You just need to give it a break for a while. This can happen to you for anything, really.
Jecca-neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2004, 06:45 PM   #5   [permalink]
Abyss of Hell

Yeah I know, but I do think that another problem is that I have mostly serious anime. And I need a anime that I can just go on ahead and sit back and enjoy, without having to answer what or what not, or why that happean. What I think I need is a anime that I can just show through with a nice and fun feelings, something that I can watch and have fun with. Still the only thing that I have of that kind is niea under 7, but even that have some seriousness in it. Something with just fun and comdey in it, lot of it. That you can watch and enjoy and have fun with it.
Old 25-01-2004, 07:42 PM   #6   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via MSN to orochi X
As Wolfpac said get new anime but that's sometimes an expensive thing to do. Usually when this happens I just take a break from anime, go play a game, watch something else or do something else.

Hmm if you want something light hearted comedy I suggest maybe trying to get your hands on schoolgirl comedy Azumanga Diaoh.
orochi X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2004, 07:46 PM   #7   [permalink]
dheu
Forum Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to dheu
Try Rune Soldier and Azumanga Daioh (when AzuDai comes out, that is). Or Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu, if you download. All of them are great, almost pure comedy.

But I know what you're talking about. I have a ton of awesome series lying around, but I never feel like watching them again. Sometimes I'll pull them out to watch an episode or two, but it's rare.

dheu
dheu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2004, 07:47 PM   #8   [permalink]
Sigurd Fatima
Forum Master

Yeah I get the feeling too, but more so with video games. I don't know but I think I intend to skip the current generation of gaming systems and maybe I'll recover my gaming craze with a PS3 or something. Concerning anime, I still have a long, long list. Anime series are more expensive the individual games.
Sigurd Fatima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2004, 08:07 PM   #9   [permalink]
Abyss of Hell

Yeah I am going to get Azumanga Diaoh soon, and for the advice of doing something else. I will take up that offer and try that, plus it will give me sometime to do something else and catch up on all of the old stuff that I left behind. Beside anime I do have other means of entertainment to, so it will be nice.
Old 25-01-2004, 10:00 PM   #10   [permalink]
BakaMaster

happens to me all the time..too much anime and not sure what to watch, i usually just plunge into something and hope that its good.

"Immelmann turn" -Dio
BakaMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2004, 12:59 AM   #11   [permalink]
Neo Evangelion
Executive Member

I know what you mean. It happens to me not only with anime, but with movies I own too. I mean, I only own anime and movies that I love (with a few on-a-whim exceptions), but sometimes I just don't feel like watching them again when I get bored. I've found myself on more than one occasion getting up from my seat and walking up to my DVDs only to realize that I lost whatever urge I had to watch anything over there.

I guess it happens to all of us. But there's usually other things to keep me from being bored. TV, books, games, the internet. And my favorite - the nap. And I'm sure given time I'll want to watch all my anime all over again. I just need to be in the right mood. Booyaka.
Neo Evangelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2004, 02:24 AM   #12   [permalink]
Frubam

I tend to stare at my vast collection on the wall whilst laying on my floor and wonder, "What do I want to watch?" I still have that problem as well, but I've learned, if you just pop anything into the dvd player and start watching it, you may find yourself watching it for a good deal of time. Doesn't always work, but whatever you put in, you'll be reminded of the good parts of that show, and may want to rewatch them. At least, that's how it is for me, can't really say for anyone else.
Frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2004, 02:33 AM   #13   [permalink]
z80

When this used to happen to me years ago I would just watch Gunbuster again.. I eventually wore the tapes out and had to replace them. Now I'm just waiting for a decent DVD version.
z80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2004, 12:28 AM   #14   [permalink]
Nilrem
Executive Member

Originally Posted by z80
When this used to happen to me years ago I would just watch Gunbuster again.. I eventually wore the tapes out and had to replace them. Now I'm just waiting for a decent DVD version.

could be a long wait
manga keep putting it back and the R2UK version is probably the only official anime DVD that i would consider ignoring in favour of a bootleg (even if the bootleg cost more ).
I'm hoping that Sci-Fi will show it again soon, i damaged one of my tapes of it the other week

I sometimes find i'm stuck on what to watch, it's silly i've got over 200 dvd's here and sometimes i spend 30+ minutes trying to decide what to watch if i haven't got anything new to put in the player.
Mind you at the moment i've got the opposite problem, i've got 3 series (well 4 and a half if you count the Saber Marionnette collection as it constituant parts) that i want to rewatch but haven't had a chance to make a start on them.
Nilrem is offline   Reply With Quote