Old 09-04-2004, 02:12 PM   #16   [permalink]
snowcherry
Forum Elite

Send a message via AIM to snowcherry
The whole Hollywood Mew Mew thing sounds like a trainwreck. I won't watch it; the last thing I need to do is develop an addiction to a poorly-localized version of a show that already has me in its foul clutches.

I fear Middle America's response to all the little girls in garters.
Old 09-04-2004, 08:07 PM   #17   [permalink]
dheu
Forum Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to dheu
Originally Posted by Petezilla
except for that delightfull jiggly puff song.
Dammit all, now it's stuck in my head. The weird thing is that the only reason I know that song is because Jiggly Puff was a character on a Nintendo game I used to play with my brother a lot.

The single guilty pleasure I have is still Weiß Kreuz. Everything in that series goes against all my standards of anime excellence. The plot is cliche and full of problems and unlikely coincidences. The animation is dirt-cheap, and characters look different in almost every frame. I tried to sit down and rewatch the series, and it was so boring I couldn't. It's stupid, but I still like the show. Hmmm. I wonder if there's some deep psychological reason for that.

So anyway, Wolfpac, I feel for you. But still.... Yu-Gi-Oh?!

dheu

Last edited by dheu; 09-04-2004 at 08:13 PM.
dheu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 11:45 AM   #18   [permalink]
eva2000
Administrator

Originally Posted by Wolfpac
…I'm actually watching and enjoying Yu-Gi-Oh.
I know that it aimed at kids and that the whole show is made for merchandising and that the rules of the card game changes every episode and that its choc full of friendship that it can make you sick, but for some reason I'm enjoying it.

So who else likes an anime that they know they really shouldn't by does anyway?
Join the club
Old 11-04-2004, 05:51 AM   #19   [permalink]
DrZepp
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

Send a message via ICQ to DrZepp Send a message via AIM to DrZepp
*ahem*

Chiefly DBZ and Gundam Wing. Well, DBZ up until the freeza saga that is.

And looking over the posts, i just realized you said you had been watching YU GI OH... I was reading that as Yu Yu Hakusho for some reason. Man... the episode i saw was... wow. AMAZING!!
DrZepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 08:08 AM   #20   [permalink]
The_NME
Forum Junkie

Over the summer of 2002/2003 I watched most of the Cell Saga and some of the Main Buu Saga of DBZ when it was on Cheez TV. The Cell Saga turned out to be pretty interesting and I wanted to find out how it ended.

If someone gave me uncut and subbed DVDs of Sailor Moon and Card Captor Sakura, I would probably sit down and watch them.
The_NME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 12:57 PM   #21   [permalink]
DrZepp
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

Send a message via ICQ to DrZepp Send a message via AIM to DrZepp
Originally Posted by The_NME
Over the summer of 2002/2003 I watched most of the Cell Saga and some of the Main Buu Saga of DBZ when it was on Cheez TV. The Cell Saga turned out to be pretty interesting and I wanted to find out how it ended.
The thing with DBZ is that I cant watch a one off episode and get any enjoyment out of it at all. It was the prolonged 'suspense' that made it fun... I mean, you knew the good guy was going to win, but it became a matter of HOW. It seems ridiculous now that the Super Saiyin element was actually a surprise at one point... and that it didnt even come into existence until the end of the Freeza saga. Now with GT and whatnot... its gone over the top hah. How many more 'MOST POWERFUL IN THE UNIVERSE' people can there be in the universe?
DrZepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 06:04 PM   #22   [permalink]
Iteria

Send a message via AIM to Iteria Send a message via MSN to Iteria Send a message via Yahoo to Iteria
WolfpacI seriously don't see Yu-gi-oh as a bad anime at all. It's just badly dubbed. I sat down and brought some of the Hong Kong subs and I found it to be a great series. It's not really as frendship and duel focused as the English version makes it seem. Plus, the Japanese voice acting isn't as hard on the ears.

Still, the manga version is the best. Fatal Outlaw, if happen to read this thread again can you tell me how far you got? I've read the entire manga series and it made me so mad in the way it ended. I just want to know.
Iteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 07:59 PM   #23   [permalink]
Kero-chan

Send a message via AIM to Kero-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Kero-chan
Originally Posted by Iteria
WolfpacI seriously don't see Yu-gi-oh as a bad anime at all. It's just badly dubbed. .
I find this to be a staple of the anime brought over here for children. This is something we have to deal with but honestly if they realesed a uncut/unedited version (perhaps as Nelvana did with Sakura?) I would honestly look into it. That is the truth. The plot and what not sound intersting enough.

2) By raising your legs slowly and lying on your back, you cannot sink into quicksand.
Kero-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 09:29 AM   #24   [permalink]
Gryshnak
Forum Junkie

Originally Posted by The_NME
If someone gave me uncut and subbed DVDs of Sailor Moon and Card Captor Sakura, I would probably sit down and watch them.
Card Captor Sakura is worth it. I watched the whole series uncut and subbed, and it's excellent. I didn't name CCS before because it's simply a very good show, not a guilty pleasure (unless you're getting off on Tomoyo-chan, that is).

I have the first 10 eps of Sailor Moon as a fansub (waaay old) and I don't think it has aged that well.
Gryshnak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 09:37 AM   #25   [permalink]
AnkaraStark
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to AnkaraStark Send a message via AIM to AnkaraStark Send a message via MSN to AnkaraStark
My "guilty pleasure" anime is Gundam Wing. Yep- crappy dubs, plotless plot, almost invincible gundams.... yep, I love GW.

Wolfpac - Argh. Another one has been sucked into the dreadful world of Yu-Gi-Oh! What is this world coming to?

Irish Diplomacy: The ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to the trip.
AnkaraStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 11:02 AM   #26   [permalink]
Steathassasn
Forum Addicted

Send a message via AIM to Steathassasn
Yu Gi oh....thats not so bad wolfpac belive me

now me ..ive been sucked into the neither regions of suckiness that is ..Beyblade

thats right...beyblades..

i watched it one morning and it i couldnt stop. THere was a fight everyday and all the characters were so passonate about what they do. Which is battling an oppoent sensless with.....get this...little plastic tops ...

i say ..stay way from this show at all costs !...i was sucked in and now ..i have a 150 dollars worth of bey crap in my room ..argh...its like Heroine..you want to give it up ..but you cant...

i need help...bad .....thats it im checking into the Betty Ford clinic next week..
Old 13-04-2004, 08:45 AM   #27   [permalink]
MaNgA4LyF
Forum Elite

Send a message via MSN to MaNgA4LyF
i can't help it o_o. YGO has the corniest jokes... and cracks but u can't help watching it....

if u want some one to needs help... i watch hamtaro >_>
Old 13-04-2004, 05:48 PM   #28   [permalink]
Knight guy
Executive Member

Send a message via MSN to Knight guy
Talking

[QUOTE=AnkaraStark]Argh. Another one has been sucked into the dreadful world of Yu-Gi-Oh![QUOTE]

Hehe.. I guess I get sucked easily into card game fads..
I guess it isn't that bad, but some of the jokes could be better. But besides that, I guess large, powerful monsters duking it out in battle is pretty cool.

"...Before honor is humility." - The Bible, Proverbs 15:33

Last edited by Knight guy; 13-04-2004 at 05:51 PM.
Knight guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2004, 09:12 AM   #29   [permalink]
Gryshnak
Forum Junkie

Originally Posted by Steathassasn
Yu Gi oh....thats not so bad wolfpac
Yes it is.

Originally Posted by Steathassasn
now me ..ive been sucked into the neither regions of suckiness that is ..Beyblade
AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!! (screams in horror)

No, not Beyblade ! Anything but that!!!

Oh that show totally sucks. It is the dregs, the dross at the very bottom of the barrel. I'd sooner watch the entire series of Mirumo De Pon. In fact I'd even sit through Evangelion again rather than watch a single episode of Beyblade.

Steathassasn, get help. Get professional help. Quick, before it's too late...
Gryshnak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2004, 08:37 AM   #30   [permalink]
Steathassasn
Forum Addicted

Send a message via AIM to Steathassasn
::sits in the middle of his room...a plastic bowl infront of him...watching plastic tops destroy themselves::

yeah...let it rip!...whoo!

its too late for me...save your selves !...before you start buying merchandise!

why god why!!!......

oh btw the betty ford clinic didnt help!...argh!!

why did they have to make them so darn collectable ..! ooh a new one just came out!

:: runs to the nearest Toys-R-Us::

i cant stop myself XD