Old 17-04-2004, 02:59 PM   #1   [permalink]
Nairohe
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

Send a message via AIM to Nairohe Send a message via Yahoo to Nairohe
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Has anyone seen it yet? The anime is based off an H-game and only traces of the H part is seen on the series. Despite a few instances where I just wanted to cringe and hit the main character for being stupid, I actually enjoyed it!

It starts off slow with your usual love triangle anime highschool romance with a twist. You won't get hooked until you see the 2nd episode which I wont spoil here but it gets better and even more complicated as you watch the next episode. The little omake shorts based off the characters at the end of the episodes are really cute too. hehehe.

Please PLEASE let me know if someone has seen this title? Do you think Narumi made the right choice in the end? I still think the guy's a prick and he doesn't think with his head most of the time.
Old 17-04-2004, 06:12 PM   #2   [permalink]
dheu
Forum Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to dheu
Geez. There's so much hate and hostility directed towards Takayuki. When I was watching it, I felt sorry for him rather than angry at him. Sure, he made stupid mistakes, but in that kind of situation it's hard to know what to do. With what everyone was going through and everyone demanding him to do what they wanted him to do... the guy had to be under a lot of pressure. A lot of people sympathize with Mitsuki and I know she had a rough time, but I thought she was manipulative and conniving most of the time.

And of course, you have to feel sorry for Haruka as well, but I think by the end she turned out to be the strongest character of the entire show. Too bad she didn't get much screentime, but considering her circumstances that's not surprising.

I think Takayuki made the right choice in the end.
Spoiler:
Returning to Haruka in the end would be returning to the past, not moving on into the future... and I think it was better for everyone involved for him to make the choice he did. Plus, Haruka wouldn't have been able to make that absolutely brilliant and moving good-bye speech at the end if he'd chosen her....

When I was watching it, I was debating whether or not to continue throughout the entire second episode... but the end of episode 2 hits you like a ton of bricks, and after that I was hooked. There's just something about extremely painful love triangles that grab your attention... especially if you're masochistic like I am. Kimi is definitely one of the more serious and angsty dramas I've seen in a long time, so much so that I thought the brief moments of comedy were horribly out-of-place. I was really surprised it was from an H-game, actually... although I seem to remember that there are scenes parents might not want their young children to see.
Old 18-04-2004, 04:32 PM   #3   [permalink]
iwakura
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to iwakura
Yes, I've seen this one too...

As for his choice, he followed his heart, so it's difficult to say it was "incorrect". Since this guy was really an idiot, he wasn't capable of anything else. This really implies that the other girl will find someone more appropriate.

Spoiler:
Come to think of it, the original relationship was awkward at best. Haruka was a pretty smart cookie, so for her to end up with such a mental midget would not have been good karma -- heh hehe.

Also, Mitsuki had all the potential in the world, but wasted it and was working as a regular office girl. She's a much better fit for this loser than Haruka.
Old 18-04-2004, 05:11 PM   #4   [permalink]
dheu
Forum Elite

Iwakura...

But seriously, I'd like to know why everyone considers him an idiot. Sure, it's easy to sit back as the audience and shout "dammit all, why don't you do this" at the characters, but when you're in their situation, all you can see is one side of what's going on. And yeah, he was completely indecisive... but not many people know the best way to do things when they're caught in a situation like that. I think he did the best he could.

Last edited by dheu; 18-04-2004 at 05:12 PM.
dheu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2004, 05:12 PM   #5   [permalink]
MaNgA4LyF
Forum Elite

Send a message via MSN to MaNgA4LyF
watched this also i agree with iwakura's thoughts.
its weird that it was based of a h game =/ i didn't know till half way thru

Spoiler:
i just got one comment/question about the ending. haruka got married didn't she? because when it shows teh scene of her talkin to the book lady about her new book and she shows akane the book her last name is different? *shrugs* just wondering if anyone else can like clarify on this
Old 18-04-2004, 05:13 PM   #6   [permalink]
dheu
Forum Elite

Originally Posted by MaNgA4LyF
Spoiler:
i just got one comment/question about the ending. haruka got married didn't she? because when it shows teh scene of her talkin to the book lady about her new book and she shows akane the book her last name is different? *shrugs* just wondering if anyone else can like clarify on this
Might've been a pen name. I don't know, I didn't notice that.
Old 18-04-2004, 05:18 PM   #7   [permalink]
MaNgA4LyF
Forum Elite

Send a message via MSN to MaNgA4LyF
Spoiler:
*shrug* i know it wasn't her last name in the book.. =/ but i guess it would be good to express that she got married and moved on even after everything that happened ヽ(ー`)ノ
Old 21-04-2004, 08:35 PM   #8   [permalink]
iwakura
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to iwakura
Originally Posted by dheu
I'd like to know why everyone considers him an idiot.
I think Mitsuki is an even bigger idiot....