Old 09-06-2004, 01:03 AM   #16   [permalink]
Lt Amada
Executive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Lt Amada Send a message via AIM to Lt Amada Send a message via MSN to Lt Amada Send a message via Yahoo to Lt Amada
Originally Posted by ACE2001
Well, I am in Japan right now, so it comes out for me on every Thursday at 26:00 on Fuji TV. I imagine that episode 2 will be subbed just as quickly as the first!
Since when does Japan have at least two more hours than the rest of the world?

I've seen the fansub of the first episode of the series, and I must admit it's funny as hell so far, although I could do without the rap. >_<
Old 14-06-2004, 06:21 AM   #17   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to ACE2001 Send a message via Yahoo to ACE2001
Spoiler:
Watched the 3 episode about a week ago, but that's not important. It seems this episode re-captured most of the excitement that was lacking in episode 2, although episode 2 wasn't pretty bad, just a little bit on the mellow side. Anyways, I was kind of confused when watching episode three. Mugen and Jin ended up going their separated ways and leaving Fuu behind, only to be bounded again in the closing minutes of this episode. What I am trying to figure out is why they split up in the first place? The simple answer would be that they were searching for food, but it was odd watching them end up in the same place at the same time. Funny question here, do you think that they will kill each other in the end of the series? What's even more funny is that they are fighting each other for other purpose than just for the hell of it. Hopefull Fuu can keep those two in line.

Once again, the action scenes here were beautiful. Watching Mugen and Jin swinging their swords just gives me chills!!! Especially Jin. He's so non-chalant about it, which makes it even more cool. I haven't sensed a real plot here yet besides Fuu-chan trying to find the man whom smells like Sunflowers, which they strayed away from. In any case, part two may be able to explain exactly why the two split up like that. Can't wait to watch the next episode of course!!!
ACE2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2004, 02:42 AM   #18   [permalink]
dheu
Forum Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to dheu
Spoiler:
I'm guessing the reason they split up was because they were annoyed with Fuu-chan always telling them what to do and not allowing them to fight.

The animation is just so amazing; the fight scenes are probably the most beautiful and exciting I've seen, or at least that I've seen in quite awhile. I can't wait until episode 4. Speaking of which, ACE, did it air last week? I feel like I'm waiting forever; the episodes are taking longer and longer to come out for us poor English fans. Maybe it'd be easier just to wait until the dvds come out....
Old 25-06-2004, 03:32 AM   #19   [permalink]
Nagha's revenge
Forum Elite

Send a message via AIM to Nagha's revenge
Originally Posted by dheu
The animation is just so amazing; the fight scenes are probably the most beautiful and exciting I've seen, or at least that I've seen in quite awhile. I can't wait until episode 4. Speaking of which, ACE, did it air last week? I feel like I'm waiting forever; the episodes are taking longer and longer to come out for us poor English fans. Maybe it'd be easier just to wait until the dvds come out....
Then you'll be happy to learn that episode 5 already aired 'round 24th of June. You can dl the raws if you want them.
Personally I feel the animation has gone back a notch, but it's still top. The whole series maintains it's 'cool' feel. At this point I don't need a real story, as long as the vibe keeps it can survive on mini-plots. The interaction between characters is just that much fun.
It seems it will follow the Cowboy Bebop way, so anyone know when the motion picture will be out?

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong."

-- Gandhi
Nagha's revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2004, 07:30 AM   #20   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

It sucks for me right now, although I can understand some Japanese, I still have to rely on the fan-subs like you guys!!! The only subbed episode 4 I ran across was a Chinese fansub....Oh well. The raws are out there if you want to satisfy your craving. I'll commit more on episodes 4 and 5 later.
Old 02-07-2004, 06:18 AM   #21   [permalink]
EVA Type-R
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to EVA Type-R
I've watched up to episode four in this anime and I've got my hands on the original soundtrack. I'm really happy with the music that's on this anime... Oh, and the ROFISH (Japanese --> French --> English) fansub for episode 5 has just been released. PM me for "details"... Other than that, I'm happy with where it's going so far. I suggest you wait for the Aoi or AonE or AF-F translations, though. The fact that it's going through two languages means there'll be inconsistencies.
Old 07-07-2004, 11:28 PM   #22   [permalink]
InuFreak
Forum Elite

one of the best anime ive seen. wow. every episode just keeps getting better my GOD. i think the samurai theme with a splash of rap/hip hop is sooo creative and excuisite. the character interactions are great and the sword fighting is so crystal clear and flawless! Jin and Mugen : best allies bitter rivals. Fuu-chan gives this a comedy feel so this anime supports almost all types of genres. ive only seen the first 5 and i cannot wait to see the rest!!! its addicting ^^.

jin is mine

"Half demon though you are, the blood of a demon runs in you. Be proud of that. Do not accept human aid even in death." - Sesshoumaru

The #1 ultimate, obSESSed, passionate, loyal, deprived, rabid Sesshoumaru fan!
InuFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2004, 02:47 AM   #23   [permalink]
Shadow War
Forum Elite

Send a message via ICQ to Shadow War Send a message via AIM to Shadow War
6 and 7 have been released subbed, go and get it. It is getting good, but maybe I am enjoying Samurai 7 more...
Shadow War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2004, 11:31 PM   #24   [permalink]
thedarkmarine
Forum Master

Hm...the first episode is still the best. It's not getting that good. Samurai 7 seems better...for now.
thedarkmarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 11:31 AM   #25   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

How come no more episodes have been subbed? Are their raws for eps 8 and up?
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 11:37 AM   #26   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

Originally Posted by InuFreak
jin is mine
*GASP*

What would Lord Sesshomaru do when he finds out you said this!!!!
Old 04-08-2004, 04:50 PM   #27   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

The raws are up....
Old 05-08-2004, 10:55 PM   #28   [permalink]
Spike 558
Forum Elite

Send a message via AIM to Spike 558 Send a message via MSN to Spike 558 Send a message via Yahoo to Spike 558
There's one thing that has already been observed about Samurai Champloo and I agree with it:
It is the observation that Fuu is gradually getting more and more screen time to herself - thus pushing Jin and Mugen into the role(s) of less domineering characters. This is a shame becuase I really like seeing the two personalities of these two badasses (Jin's ice-cool attitude and Mugen's scruffiness) bounce of each other.

Mind you, I'm also somewhat concerned that the expectations of the audience may be ludicously huge. Sure Shinichiro Watanabe made such a sensational series in Cowboy Bebop so it would be interesting to see what the audience thinks of it once Champloo reaches it's eventual conclusion.

And on that note, it seems Mr. Watanabe seems to be replicating the formula of "Bunch-of-misifts-thrown-together-by-fate" that was applied in Bebop.
Still, it would be interesting to see what he does with it.
Already it seems that Champloo can stand it's own two feet without being compared to Bebop. Who knows? Maybe the former may even surpass the latter in popularity...........................

It's all a question of doing something different. And that being said I just hope Watanabe doesn't do the same thing with Champloo with Bebop and the Animatrix with his characters meeting certain.........

..............Well you know the rest
If one of my cartoons has brought joy and laughter to just one person, if I have been able to make just one person simply smile and forget their troubles for only a moment, then that cartoon, clearly, was not worth drawing
- The Complete Far Side
Spike 558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 02:23 AM   #29   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

A-f finally released ep 8
Old 06-08-2004, 07:04 PM   #30   [permalink]
mousse69

Send a message via ICQ to mousse69 Send a message via AIM to mousse69
hmmm.. thought naruto was better. Good nuff though.