Old 15-06-2004, 03:07 AM   #1   [permalink]
ry_goody

Red Mech?

I was talking to my friend about Ghost in the Shell, the old movie. He said that 6 years ago he remembers seeing an animated sequence where she pilots a red mech. She fights with it, climbs up a building and gets out or something like that. Now, the old Ghost in the Shell movie contains no red mech, anywhere. So I am wondering, where the hell could who have seen this?
ry_goody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2004, 05:13 PM   #2   [permalink]
Magnus9
Forum Addicted

Send a message via AIM to Magnus9 Send a message via MSN to Magnus9
The spider mechs are called Tachikoma. The video of the red Tachikoma your friend saw was most likely from the Ghost in the Shell video game that was released on Playstation a few years ago. The game featured some animated sequences of Motoko and her Tachikoma eaither as unlockable goodies or to introduce missions. I believe that was the only time the red tachikomas were ever animated. It was a fun game and I enjoyed it a lot! You might still be able to find it used somewhere for cheap if your lucky.

Linky-linky!

The red Tachikomas were also featured in the original manga but were called Fuchikomas in the english translation because of some foul up during the translation process. I believe it was because the same hiragana/kanji/katakana character can express either the sound 'ta' or 'fu' but I'm not really sure.

Life is Peachy
Magnus9
Magnus9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2004, 12:48 AM   #3   [permalink]
DarkPrimus
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to DarkPrimus
I thought they were just renamed as "Tachikomas" for SAC?

"Ta" and "Fu", while having a similar shape, are easily distinguished. If they mixed up "Tsu" or "Shi", I'd understand, but not "Ta" with "Fu".

Dying is so damn expensive, I don't think I can afford it.

Founder and Executive Council member of the Bebop Mafia. Alias: Crimson Tears.
DarkPrimus is offline   Reply With Quote