Old 27-08-2004, 12:11 AM   #1   [permalink]
LiDDoDrAgOn
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to LiDDoDrAgOn Send a message via AIM to LiDDoDrAgOn
DearS

Don't know iif this has been posted already...

Anyone like it so far? (6 episodes released) I'm really enjoying it, and I love Ren, she's such a cutie. The music is not bad either.
LiDDoDrAgOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2004, 04:01 AM   #2   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to ACE2001 Send a message via Yahoo to ACE2001
I like DearS alot. I think the animation is the best part about the anime and the fact that Ren is sexy!!!! I like Miu too, she makes me laugh alot throughout the anime. Man I wish I was Takeru, being able to have an beautiful alien as your slave!!!! Lucky bastard!! There's no real plot developing as of yet, so I am interested to see what will happen with the next several episodes. Hopefully Takeru and Ren will be together.
ACE2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2004, 11:53 AM   #3   [permalink]
Darklightz
Forum Elite

The first episodes were empty fan service but now the story is getting interesting.An odd thing,to DearS being a slave is something normal and instead of finding it demeaning they find it an honor,so it'll be interesting to find ut more about this
Old 27-08-2004, 08:40 PM   #4   [permalink]
Bradster
Forum Addicted

Send a message via AIM to Bradster Send a message via MSN to Bradster
To me it seemed like "Chobits Meets Alien Nation".
Bradster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2004, 10:32 PM   #5   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Originally Posted by Bradster
To me it seemed like "Chobits Meets Alien Nation".
That seems to be the majority of what hear from other people whom have seen this anime, with them liking Chobits much better. I find the slave to master part intriguing as you have Ren, whom is completely willing to be Takeru's slave while Takeru wants no part of Ren what-so-ever. Really, he should just give in....
Old 29-08-2004, 12:51 AM   #6   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Consecutive replies but what the hell....I watched episode 7 and....

Spoiler:
I thought that Natsuki chan was abit annoying, but not as annoying as the teacher!!!! It's like she in the anime for no purpose but just to show fan-service which is inappropiate in a classroom setting out of all places!! I love fan-service as much as the next guy, but it's getting ridiculous at this point.

As for Takeya, it seems that he's trying to warm up to Ren, which is cool. Miu wasn't herself this episode. I am wondering what is wrong with her? Does she envy Ren for at least having a master whom need her? Could be the case as for the next episode preview, it seems that she tries to attack Ren.....In any case I am going to stick with it here since I've came this far.
Old 29-08-2004, 09:34 AM   #7   [permalink]
Marius
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to Marius Send a message via AIM to Marius Send a message via Yahoo to Marius
I really hated the first few eps of this show. It was just screaming "look at me, I'm a chobits ripoff." Now it's starting to get a bit better but yeah, the teacher is really annoying.

AND NENEKO IS THE WORST CHARACTER DESIGN EVER SOMEONE STAB THE GUY/GIRL WHO DESIGNED HER PLEASE.
Marius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2004, 12:48 PM   #8   [permalink]
Bradster
Forum Addicted

Send a message via AIM to Bradster Send a message via MSN to Bradster
Originally Posted by ACE2001
Consecutive replies but what the hell....I watched episode 7 and....

I thought that Natsuki chan was abit annoying, but not as annoying as the teacher!!!! It's like she in the anime for no purpose but just to show fan-service which is inappropiate in a classroom setting out of all places!! I love fan-service as much as the next guy, but it's getting ridiculous at this point..
(that bit's not really a spoiler). Yeah, she seems to be a Shijiko-sensei (Mahoromatic) ripoff, though I haven't watched more than the first episode, so I don't know if she's fixated on any of her students.
Bradster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2004, 06:01 PM   #9   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Originally Posted by Bradster
(that bit's not really a spoiler). Yeah, she seems to be a Shijiko-sensei (Mahoromatic) ripoff, though I haven't watched more than the first episode, so I don't know if she's fixated on any of her students.
She's not really fixated on one student per say, try all of them!!!! I am telling you, she just does it for the hell of it, which I find pretty crazy in a classroom. So far, her purpose is just to provide insane and unappropiate fan-service. But, I am getting too carried away about it. It's just an anime after all. But I find her character to be somewhat.....disturbing.
Old 05-09-2004, 05:22 AM   #10   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Watched episode 8 and it was by far my favorite episode of the series.

Spoiler:
It finally feels like the story is "moving" somewhere. I now feel bad for Miu for all the trials that she went to. Not being able to save her master, plus the fact of not being wanted, she had it rough. Actually all DearS have it rough.

What's interesting here though is the fact that Ren chose her "master" when DearS arent allowed to and Takeya accepted, so they have a "Gift." So they are able to sense each other. Poor Miu, she's tries real hard, only to watch Ren be so clueless about how to care for her master that its frustrating on her.

I am also glad that they put a muzzle on the teacher for a change. She "served" her purpose for this episode!!!

And Neneko has feelings for Takeya which leads up to the next episode which should be interesting enough. Wonder what Takeya will do with Neneko and does he now have a better understanding of DearS after listening to what Miu had said....
Old 05-09-2004, 03:32 PM   #11   [permalink]
Darklightz
Forum Elite

Yes,this is getting interesting,we finally understand why Miu hates Ren so much.

Spoiler:
I think Miu might make the Rite of Certification with Takeya.They seemed to be getting close in episode 8.Also it's nice to have seen Neneko without her usual nonchalant behavior
Old 06-09-2004, 12:40 PM   #12   [permalink]
Takahashi
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to Takahashi
Originally Posted by Darklightz
Yes,this is getting interesting,we finally understand why Miu hates Ren so much.

Spoiler:
I think Miu might make the Rite of Certification with Takeya.They seemed to be getting close in episode 8.Also it's nice to have seen Neneko without her usual nonchalant behavior
That would make it another stupid plot twist like so many stupid H game turn anime. Everyone falls for the hopeless(clueless) geeks that doesn't seem to realise that a lot of girls are in love with him
Takahashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2004, 06:42 AM   #13   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Watched episode 9. It strayed away from the plot, but neverthless I thought it was still funny.

Spoiler:
I nearly laughed my butt off when Takeya said Neneko had no "sex-appeal"!! I mean he just said it out right. Talk about crazy. Oh and his teacher had her own erotica movies. On top of that, she was wearing langerie without a bra on....She seists to amaze me, really. But she wasn't annoying in this episode so I was able to tolerate it. I feel bad for Neneko as she likes Takeya but has to compete with DearS, and the fact she has no sex appeal!!! But in the end, Takeya apologized and everything was peachy.

Next episode, seems like an orgy is going to happen. You've read it right, and orgy. Can't wait to see!!!
Old 13-02-2005, 10:58 AM   #14   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

Send a message via ICQ to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via AIM to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via Yahoo to Pengi_Ken-Ohki
Im in love with Natsuki.
Im in love with this series.
Chobits is crap compared to this. Chobits didnt have the guts to be honest about its content and it portrayed things in a disgusting manner IMO.

To be honest I've always been a little annoyed at how far some male characters go to not care about the girl and yell at her. But then I get satisfaction because I imagine a guy actually doing it. This is in retaliation to anime where the guy gets beat up for everything from tripping into a girls leg to hugging her. Imagining the girl getting abused unfairly in return is most satisfying cos Im sure a lot of girls watch and think "how terrible and unfair". heh.

Stilll, DearS, Chobits, Sailor Marionette J etc all have these males who are simply dishonest with themselves about their feelings and take it out on the girl robot. Though the guy in chobits isnt very aggresive about it. I dont know why society so enjoys people beating around the bush when it comes to feelings and desires.
Pengi_Ken-Ohki is offline   Reply With Quote