Old 25-05-2005, 11:01 AM   #16   [permalink]
Hiigaran
Forum Master

It seems like Chobits X Fist of the North Star but instead of being an awesome warrior she kills with THE POWER OF HER MIND!!

I've only seen the first ep, and I'll say right now I am sick and ------- tired of female characters without memories or personalities making a single sound like "Nyuu" or "Chii". I really wish they hadn't done that.
Old 25-05-2005, 04:57 PM   #17   [permalink]
Robotech Master
Forum Addicted

Except its not that she doesn't have memories, she has two personalities. One is Nyuu, who doesn't technically have a history to remember. The other is Lucy, who is capable of talking intelligently and remembering everything, only she's the murderer.

She flips in and out of these personalities in the episodes, so you'll get to see her talk, but she won't exactly be nice when she does.

Did anyone else who has seen the first volume find it interesting that she didn't kill the dog, just cut its leesh? I guess she just really hates humans, and she views the dog as symbolic of herself or something, a captive of humans, so she broke the leesh to set it free? She also wouldn't kill the main character guy, which means that Lucy must remember the things that Nyuu experiences.

Robotech Master
Robotech Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2005, 08:01 PM   #18   [permalink]
Darklightz
Forum Elite

Robotech Master : She doesn't hate every human...just a lot of them lol And there's certainly a reason why she didn't kill Kouta...
Old 25-05-2005, 09:05 PM   #19   [permalink]
Hiigaran
Forum Master

Originally Posted by Robotech Master
Except its not that she doesn't have memories, she has two personalities. One is Nyuu, who doesn't technically have a history to remember. The other is Lucy, who is capable of talking intelligently and remembering everything, only she's the murderer.

She flips in and out of these personalities in the episodes, so you'll get to see her talk, but she won't exactly be nice when she does.
Right now I rather prefer Lucy to Nyuu, and I'm also tired of split personalities as a character trait. Now, it won't be so bad if she's had a schizo personality all along but if this happened because of that bullet to the protective head covering, I'm just going to be a little disappointed.
Old 27-05-2005, 08:22 AM   #20   [permalink]
MrBS
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to MrBS
Well I got the first DVD + Box today, BTW people please mind your spoiler tags some of you are skirting too close for my liking thank you!

Anyway Lied has been rather 'provocative' so far and I'm very interested to see how it develops.

Nice to see after some disappointment with 5.1 mixes lately the 5.1 mix for Lied is rather decent and even makes use of bass from time to time.
Old 27-05-2005, 03:44 PM   #21   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

Send a message via ICQ to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via AIM to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via Yahoo to Pengi_Ken-Ohki
Lied was a breathe of fresh air for my anime watching.

Not to be dismissed too early on. Hell, when I saw the last ep I feel like Id lost a piece of myself because it was over. But I still cant pinpoint *why* I connected or felt that way. Weird ^^
Pengi_Ken-Ohki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2005, 12:48 AM   #22   [permalink]
Darklightz
Forum Elite

I always said the raw emotions in the serie hit you like a sack of bricks.Even Evangelion wasn't that direct.
Old 02-06-2005, 06:35 PM   #23   [permalink]
iwakura
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to iwakura
I got the first volume.

Not quite as twisted as I was expecting. Perhaps later volumes will be more intense.
Old 02-06-2005, 07:09 PM   #24   [permalink]
Hiigaran
Forum Master

I have to say I was disappointed by it, and saw the amazing twist coming sooner than I would have for an M. Night Shaymalan flick, and they're pretty damn predictable at this point. Could have been done better without all the zany sci-fi nonsense. It just distracted from the real story, I think.
Old 27-09-2005, 10:51 AM   #25   [permalink]
Gendou Ikari

Send a message via MSN to Gendou Ikari
Quick question here, does Lucy/Nyuu wear clothes? Just curious since I heard someone say that she didn't.
Old 27-09-2005, 06:27 PM   #26   [permalink]
Anna

Originally Posted by Gendou Ikari
Quick question here, does Lucy/Nyuu wear clothes? Just curious since I heard someone say that she didn't.
Only when she's not taking a bath.
Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2005, 08:24 PM   #27   [permalink]
MrBS
Forum Master

Watched volume three of Lied a couple days back the dichotomy of this show is ruining it for me. The intrigue part of Lied is somewhat interesting but the teen angst is just trash. You only need to see one good anime with respect to teen angst to know just how bad this one is. Really...
Old 28-09-2005, 10:11 AM   #28   [permalink]
sammy fan

yes... yes... the show is trash predictable and sick... but so are all you guys who keep on saying it again and again!!!! come on!! if you guys don't like the show just shut up and go watch what ever idiot show all you critic want!
sammy fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2005, 11:47 PM   #29   [permalink]
MrBS
Forum Master

Uh sammy.... might want to read the rules on personal attacks and then go find a definition of 'forum' while you're at it....
Old 29-09-2005, 03:48 PM   #30   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

Send a message via ICQ to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via AIM to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via Yahoo to Pengi_Ken-Ohki
How is it an attack for Sammy to call another person's favourite show "idiotic"? Even saying that their taste is idiotic is barely a personal attack.
Pengi_Ken-Ohki is offline   Reply With Quote