Old 01-11-2004, 09:01 PM   #1   [permalink]
AsnAnimeGurl

Send a message via AIM to AsnAnimeGurl Send a message via Yahoo to AsnAnimeGurl
Aishiteru ze baby

Since i havent seen a thread about this anime...i will start one hehe

Have anyone seen these set of episodes yet? there are 26 episodes and so far i have seen about half of it. They have the CUTEST lil kid on there. Its kinda sad bc a cute and popular high school boy has to take care of his aunt's daughter. And u can see an irrisponsible boy grow up to a resposible man....well thats what im assuming it will happen.

What do u guys think?
AsnAnimeGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2004, 03:53 AM   #2   [permalink]
Shadowbard
Executive Member

I too have seen about half of the series, maybe a little bit more. I need to get around to finishing it, but what I've seen so far has really captivated me. Kippei is a really fun and interesting character, and Yuzuyu is so cute! I'm not entirely sure how they're going to wrap things up, but I look forward to seeing how things progress.

~Shadrach Anki

| Grove | Bardic Musings |
Shadowbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2004, 06:37 PM   #3   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

Send a message via ICQ to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via AIM to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via Yahoo to Pengi_Ken-Ohki
I really enjoyed this anime.

To me, it was what Daa Daa Daa should have aimed for. I greatly enjoyed it, and was actually surprised at the ending. All the characters were really great.

So uhm, Asngurl.. you uh, wanna help me raise a baby? We could be so happy together!!
Pengi_Ken-Ohki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2004, 07:15 PM   #4   [permalink]
AsnAnimeGurl

yeah of course!!! hehe...but the babys gotta be a cute baby like in this anime!! but are u worthy of being a good "father" (are u a guy?? just wondering)
Old 25-11-2004, 04:49 PM   #5   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

Send a message via ICQ to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via AIM to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via Yahoo to Pengi_Ken-Ohki
Damn right Im a guy. Not just any old guy mind you. I'm the greatest guy. You can't do better than me baby.

Our child shall be sweet and funny. She shall be cute and happy. Ahh yes, I can see our happiness already! My love for you grows with every minute. Let us not waste any more time.
Unless you're really young. Then we can waste some time tapping our feet and such until you're a bit less young. Course, I'll be older..but chicks dig older men. Right?
Old 25-11-2004, 06:47 PM   #6   [permalink]
AsnAnimeGurl

i'll be a bit older in 15 days...i'll be 20. Thats a good age for raising such an adorable child. hehe. I promise i wont run away and leave the baby there....but u cant go away either...if u get what i mean.
Old 28-11-2004, 04:53 AM   #7   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

I think I dreamed about you once.
I've been bitter ever since waking up and not being able to return.

Your age is as flawless as your beauty. We must move quickly to create our child of darkness before the forces of W.A.P (Women Against Penguins) brainwashes you into fleeing me.
Old 02-02-2005, 11:06 PM   #8   [permalink]
oppa
Forum Junkie

Hmm, thread is 3 months old, so I guess I'm not that behind, hehe.

I posted about this series in the manga forum, so I thought I'd pipe in here too. I thoroughly enjoyed Aishiteruze Baby. Alot of fun to watch, and quite humorous. Yuzuyu is so friggin' cute, it hurts my breiiin... surprisingly, her voice didn't bother me much (I say this because my roommates wouldn't shut up about how annoying her voice was, saying that's all they heard from my comp.. the bastards).

My only complaints were that the pacing was a bit slow, and the animation could've used a larger budget (the framerate was way too low). The manga, up to where I read, was more of the same, but the pacing didn't feel slow at all in the manga. It's as if the animator's didn't fill in the "scenes" between manga panels, and just stretched out the existing scenes to fill up the episodes.

Even so, as I stated, I really enjoyed this series. I kept putting it off because I thought it'd be too "cutesy" and "fluffy"... but it wasn't at all. Just the right amount of "cutesy" and more story depth and character development then I had expected.

On a side, but somewhat related note: I think all this shoujo is warping my brain. That was random, but necessary... I think...
Old 03-02-2005, 03:41 AM   #9   [permalink]
Anna

Originally Posted by oppa
My only complaints were that the pacing was a bit slow, and the animation could've used a larger budget (the framerate was way too low).
That was your only complaint?? Wow.

Personally, I couldn't get over the fact that the adults in it were so irresponsible. They never really explained why Kippei had to take care of Yuzuyu. Not to my satisfaction. So I didn't really enjoy the anime. >_< Everytime Keppie did something cute/fatherly (like making onigiri ^_^), instead of going awww, I'll be thinking, why is he doing that in the first place, that's so unrealistic.

Yet, little girls with horns that tear apart people indiscriminately causing chaos and mayhem I can believe with my whole heart. 'Cos yanno, it could happen.
Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 03:50 AM   #10   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

Its so strange to see this anime compared to Elfen Lied.
And anime often has males who cook. Its very common. I get the feeling asian men are more responsible. Yet another reason to be glad Im aussie.
Old 03-02-2005, 04:12 AM   #11   [permalink]
oppa
Forum Junkie

Well...

If I wanted realism, I wouldn't be watching anime. Ya kinda sorta hafta just accept certain things when watching anime (or indulging in any form of visual media, really). For a simple anime like this, it's best to watch it with a "simple" state of mind.. I'll save my critical thinking for animes like Lain.
Old 03-02-2005, 08:29 PM   #12   [permalink]
Anna

But, isn't that what this anime is going for? Realism. The whole "what if". The progress from immature little brat to someone who realises that his actions has an impact on others. Learning about responsibility, ect. With cute/funny/weird Japanese humour interjected every 3 seconds.

If it had a stork dropping off Yuzuyu in Keppie's lap, now that.. that I would've been able to watch and just enjoy without thinking too much about it.

The point is, it attempted at being serious and 'thought provoking', so I don't think it's too much of me to expect a resonable explanation of why it fell on Keppie to take care of his cousin.

Ken, it's not even the cooking I had a problem with. I just couldn't work out what happened to the parents. I mean if the parents died or something. Okay fine. But they were right there! They didn't chip in or help, or give pointers. Who in their right mind would leave a cute little Yuzuyu with an immature little brat like Keppie? There is no logic. They didn't act how adults should. Maybe that was the whole point of this anime. I dunno.

Elfen lied was the first thing that popped in my head 'cos I'm thinking about watching it again. >_>
Old 03-02-2005, 11:20 PM   #13   [permalink]
oppa
Forum Junkie

The way I see it, just because an anime has more realistic situations and settings, doesn't mean it is trying to be "real."

Kippei did have to go through a transition from his immature, irresponsible self to someone who can be, well, mature and responsible (geh, I can't think of better words atm); but I didn't see this anime as being "thought-provoking" at all. It was a leisure watch, at best. This difference in perception could be why our opinions conflict... I suppose.

In any case, I accepted the "plot holes" and enjoyed Aishiteruze Baby. Given the number of animes I've watched, if I thought too critically for all of them, I would've died from an aneurysm by now.

Hmm.. or am I too accepting? Beh, I don't wanna think about it.
Old 03-02-2005, 11:28 PM   #14   [permalink]
Anna

Yeah yeah, I'm too critical.

See the storks thing, I would've been very happy to accept and then just watch, numb brained, laughing at the silly Japanese humour.
Old 06-03-2005, 04:24 AM   #15   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

Originally Posted by Anna
Yeah yeah, I'm too critical.

See the storks thing, I would've been very happy to accept and then just watch, numb brained, laughing at the silly Japanese humour.
Still. Im not sure if the purpose was to provide a different way of thinking/looking at a situation. I think certain anime are tailored towards viewers who enjoy seeing cute things, particularly stuff like pseudo single-dad. A story about a girl struggling to raise a little girl is painful and shaming, a story about a boy trying to raise a little girl is cute and funny. I imagine this would be moreso in a society where women are slightly more traditional than in the west.
It also appeals to the typical tween/teen attitude of being anti-parent. The idea that parents would stay out of your way and let you handle something on your own or something.

Hell, I watched an anime the other night which was downright frustrating for me because I couldnt understand why adult human beings would produce something that so well reflects and reinforces the selfish and naive attitude of children.