Old 31-01-2005, 12:59 AM   #1   [permalink]
AsnAnimeGurl

Send a message via AIM to AsnAnimeGurl Send a message via Yahoo to AsnAnimeGurl
Peach Girl and Air

Has anyone been watching these two series. They both just started. 3 of each episode is already out.

Peach Girl:
its pretty cute...romantic...u can get all into it...bc the things in this is more related towards real life....no supernatural powers no armor suits....just real life romance and betrayal stories.

Air:
Its pretty weird. Everyone seems to want to fly. But this series make u think what the whole point of the series is and then u wonder which one of the ppl is "the one" who can fly.

What do u guys think?
AsnAnimeGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2005, 01:11 AM   #2   [permalink]
Darklightz
Forum Elite

Peach Girl is nice,nothing extraordinary but still enjoyable.I hate the way their lips are drawn though.

Air is the cutest anime ever!I'm in love with Misuzu.Gao! ^o^

Spoiler:
It was freaky in the end of episode 2 after Yukito learned it was Misuzu's birthday a guy who happens to have a birthday cake just walks by his puppet show.It's also strange how Yukito doesn't get what he wants,but when he needs something,it gets provided for him somehow
Old 31-01-2005, 01:12 AM   #3   [permalink]
oppa
Forum Junkie

Originally Posted by AsnAnimeGurl
Air:
Its pretty weird. Everyone seems to want to fly. But this series make u think what the whole point of the series is and then u wonder which one of the ppl is "the one" who can fly.

What do u guys think?
One of my favorite one's, so far, for this season. It's not so much just the characters, which are very interesting (and funny), nor is it just the story, which is quite intriguing and mysterious (which piques my curiosity to no end)... but DAMN do I love the animation. First episode was incredible, then the 2nd kept it up, then the 3rd, and 4th... I figure by now, this HQ animation is the norm for it (tho I suspect it to at least have some drop off towards the middle of the series).

It's just impressive. Smooth, clean animation and art using vibrant (uber vibrant) colors and extremely colorful and well-detailed backgrounds. Lots of detailed, animated movement for the characters... and etc.

Anyway, I love it. My anticipation of each new episode of Air has now exceeded that of School Rumble and Tsukiyomi ~Moon Phase~, both series' that I have been thoroughly enjoying.

gao~

EDIT: Boo, my post was beat by nanoseconds! Now my "gao" is not as cool... grr...

Last edited by oppa; 31-01-2005 at 01:13 AM.
oppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2005, 01:16 AM   #4   [permalink]
AsnAnimeGurl

Yeah i agree i love the animation to this. I love how the wind blows and gives everything soo much more life and energy...that type of animation is hard to acheieve..to make it look so majestic and beatiful. hahaa sorry about my rambling...but its just good artwork.
Old 02-02-2005, 07:17 PM   #5   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

Send a message via ICQ to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via AIM to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via Yahoo to Pengi_Ken-Ohki
I fell in love with 'Air' last night. Havent watched Peach girl yet, will watch eps 3 & 4 of Air tomorrow.

<3 Asngurl.
Pengi_Ken-Ohki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 10:35 PM   #6   [permalink]
oppa
Forum Junkie

Peach Girl:
its pretty cute...romantic...u can get all into it...bc the things in this is more related towards real life....no supernatural powers no armor suits....just real life romance and betrayal stories.
Just caught the first 3 eps of this today. Just as you said, it's cute. Pretty humorous with an interesting cast (Cept Touji, he's rather bland.. then again maybe he's suppose to be. The other guy, forget his name.. he makes me laugh alot haha).

Pretty down-to-earth shoujo with good comedy. Fun watch.. tho, the animation runs at, like, 5 fps, which is annoying. At least the character art and colors are relatively nice. It doesn't seem too angsty so far, even tho Sae is a crazy, conniving bitch... but it's only been 3 eps.
Old 07-03-2005, 02:12 AM   #7   [permalink]
AsnAnimeGurl

Anyone understand what is happening in Air. i understood majority of it until episdoe 7 when it jumped into a different time period and what happened to yukito? so confused.
Old 07-03-2005, 08:49 AM   #8   [permalink]
Takahashi
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to Takahashi
in ep 7 to 9 they explain the legend of the winged beings and why Yukito feinted, anymore and I will be spoiling
Takahashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2005, 08:22 PM   #9   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

Send a message via ICQ to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via AIM to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via Yahoo to Pengi_Ken-Ohki
God 'Air' is killing me. Its too beautiful. I hope its a 26 ep series not a 13.

'Peach Girl' has really grown on me. At first I thought itd be frustrating spending many episodes watching Sae kicks everyone's butt. I couldnt stand the overly dramatic miscommunication errors and ridiculous excuse for a relationship. But now Im liking it more. My only complain is that yet again, Anime directors have taken the side of the strong awkward type instead of the pervert. Damnit, when will they learn that its OK for the playboy to get a girlfriend!? *cries* They just dont understand the life of the attractive.
Old 14-03-2005, 03:06 AM   #10   [permalink]
AsnAnimeGurl

OMG i got soo fustrated watching Peach girl too man. i wanted to jump in and slap her myself. Man go watch the taiwanese live action version...Sha hui/Sae...OMG just wanna go kick her myself. hahaha
Old 15-03-2005, 12:38 AM   #11   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

OMG i got soo fustrated watching Peach girl too man. i wanted to jump in and slap her myself. Man go watch the taiwanese live action version...Sha hui/Sae...OMG just wanna go kick her myself. hahaha
Live action!?
Omg, definately would love to see that. I bet some o the chicks would be almost as hot as you!

Also, that intro song..haha somehow it gets stuck in my head. "Matte, Baby baby <japanese here>"
Old 15-03-2005, 02:06 AM   #12   [permalink]
oppa
Forum Junkie

Originally Posted by Pengi_Ken-Ohki
God 'Air' is killing me. Its too beautiful. I hope its a 26 ep series not a 13.
Unfortunately, it's not 26 eps. It's not 13 either... only 12. So yea, two more eps left... time for the final wrap-up.

Given how fast they've tried to cram the game into the anime, it would've been nice with around 20 eps. As I've read (I haven't played the game myself), the anime is trying to cover many of the main stories from the game, and that's why (at least for me), the arcs in the anime seemed a bit crammed.

There was alot of depth given the short number of eps they'd use for each of the girls' stories so far, but a few more eps per arc would've been nice. In the end, maybe I just want more eps of this anime. It's so rare to see animation at this high level of quality, especially on TV.

Oh, and I've near given up on Peach Girl. I read recaps and I know things turn out a bit better around ep 6 or so, but still... too much angst burns out my brain more then animes like Evangelion or Lain. Though, I am still collecting them so maybe when I run out of things I really like, I'll keep at it. On the other hand, maybe I'll just start getting the manga instead, heh. I can handle angst and overexaggerated drama better on paper then on screen.
Old 18-03-2005, 10:06 AM   #13   [permalink]
cryptic soul

Send a message via AIM to cryptic soul
i totally agree with you there. watching peach girl hurts my brain. not that its a bad series or anything.
and i'm really disapointed that air only has 12 eps. it's such a good anime and the drawing of it is beautiful. i wish it were longer.
Old 20-03-2005, 06:17 PM   #14   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

Air is amazing, best series of 05 so far
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2005, 09:30 PM   #15   [permalink]
iwakura
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to iwakura
So, it looks like I should check out Air then.