Old 24-03-2005, 01:52 AM   #16   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

Send a message via ICQ to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via AIM to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via Yahoo to Pengi_Ken-Ohki
Originally Posted by iwakura
So, it looks like I should check out Air then.
Absolutely. Beautiful series, but 12 eps is way too short.

WTH is with Peach Girl? Was she raped? Is that what that scene means? Its not like the situation is cleared up, and translation problems might make it harder to tell the difference between "please have sex with her" and "please spent the evening with her".
God that series is ok but pisses me off with its habit of just going off the chart with exagerration. For one thing, I'll never *ever* believe a couple is meant for each other, or truely love each other, if they spend all their time hurt and rejected. If you loved them, you'd find it very easy to compromise past a lot of things instead of flying off the handle.

Those 2 really need to sit down and just talk. How hard is it to say "honey, she did x y z, and thats why you saw x y z."
Pengi_Ken-Ohki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2005, 02:26 AM   #17   [permalink]
AsnAnimeGurl

Send a message via AIM to AsnAnimeGurl Send a message via Yahoo to AsnAnimeGurl
the thing that pisses me off about that is that they know that sae is bad and does stupid ----. If they both know that then they should be able to sit down and say something. they could even plan out something for revenge. hahaha i dont know whats up with sae tho....makes u wanna shoot her huh? hahahaha AND JIGORO needs to be a man and tell everyone wats up...i felt bad that they wouldnt even give him a chance to speak.
AsnAnimeGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2005, 08:59 PM   #18   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

Send a message via ICQ to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via AIM to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via Yahoo to Pengi_Ken-Ohki
WAAAA!!! Air is teh greatest! That latest episode (11) was just flooring. That end statement/realisation is superb. For once, an anime which acknowledges ******* existence!!

Peach Girl is the greatest. After the last thing Touji did, I dont think he should be considered at all. I dont care if he's doing it for 'good reasons'. Fact of the matter is, he didnt have to go so far. He didnt have to make things so painful either. There are far more humane ways to go about these things.

Let the playboy get the girl. Men who love women like he does, would know best how to not be a jerk.
Old 03-04-2005, 06:15 AM   #19   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

Ahh..it hurts..it hurts so bad. I wont say anything bad about Air's ending because it isnt. But it hurts. It confuses me and hurts me at the same time. I notice there is a preview for next episode, and its called a recap episode. Maybe the recap will have something new. I need my happy ending. None of the anime I been watching are ending happily. I dont think Ive been this messed up since Evangelion. Dont even know why..I really think its the music.
Old 07-04-2005, 11:35 PM   #20   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

Damn I watched Air eps 8-12 last night and that shyt floored me, i was dead tired and I just couldn't get to sleep

8-9 was great, Kanna = awesome

Ep 10 was just amazing, probably my fav ep I loved how it explained everything so far that occured in the first 7 eps, lmao at "Yukito" getting his revenge with the eye poke

11 was great, the last scene was incredible

12....... I don't like how it ended period (sniff) but that does not take away from how good an ending it was period.

And the Air soundtrack is amazing, I've been listening to the OST for the PC game for the last week pretty much every night, "natsukage" is great it tells a story i swear.

I'm probably jumping the gun but right now Air's my fav series period the animation is fantastic, the ost awesome, the voice acting top notch and the story and characters drew me in big time and the last 3 eps nearly broke me.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 03:26 AM   #21   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

Yay looks like their's going to be a 1 ep special for Kanna's arc coming up in August

Then theres the movie as well, too bad the game will never be translated and I doubt any fans will do it since to quote from the aod thread for air "Kawakami Tomoko (seiyuu of Mizusu) said that the dialogue script for the game weigh in a total of 11kg (approx 25 pounds)!"
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 07:14 AM   #22   [permalink]
AsnAnimeGurl

Send a message via AIM to AsnAnimeGurl Send a message via Yahoo to AsnAnimeGurl
theres an episode 13 from what ive seen...but i havent seen it yet
AsnAnimeGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 10:57 AM   #23   [permalink]
Darklightz
Forum Elite

Unfortunately it's just a recap of past episodes.

I love it though,I hope they can make something more.
Old 14-04-2005, 07:40 AM   #24   [permalink]
oppa
Forum Junkie

After much procrastination, I finally watched the last two eps. I knew it was gonna end like that, but hell, it was still sad. Man, that last scene on the beach, geez, as if it wasn't already hella sad up until that point.

Heh, but I loved what was in Misuzu's picture diary at the end. Oh, that was beautiful, sad, and hilarious all at once.

15, maybe 16 episodes, and this series would have been perfect. In any case, it was still great. Damn, this makes me wanna watch Kanon again...
Old 24-04-2005, 04:43 AM   #25   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

Has anyone seen 13 yet?

Even if its a recap. I just wont believe 12 is the end until Ive seen 13.
Is it a crime to like, force anime makers at gunpoint to write a new ending?
Just outta curiousity of course ^^
Old 24-04-2005, 04:55 AM   #26   [permalink]
oppa
Forum Junkie

I haven't yet. Like you said, it's just a recap. I skimmed thru it, but it really did look like a recap ep so I passed on it. It is somewhat hard to believe, and unfortunate, that ep 12 was really the last ep. Part of it is wanting more, and part of it is wanting.. uh, more. Oh well....
Old 26-04-2005, 05:52 AM   #27   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

Peach Girl.
Ep 13.

I think my patience for this serious has almost run out. Momo-chan needs to:

1. Stop thinking "love" is love when its really just highschool emotions.
2. Jumping to conclusions. She goes off the deep end everytime she thinks a situation is soemthing it isnt.
Old 27-09-2006, 01:12 PM   #28   [permalink]
z80

Z80 holds out a large wooden staff in one hand and thrusts the other hand upward to the heavens themself. Lightning dances between the strangely colored clouds and a dark forboding atmosphere settles on the scene. With a mighty thrust he slams the staff into the hardened ground and the earth trembles as he looks upward and screames "ARISE CHICKEN....CHICKEN ARISE!!!!!!"... This thread, long dead to this world starts to shudder, and shake like an ancient beast. The thread opens it's eyes and reveals two milk white globes surrounded by a decaying face. The mouth of the thread opens and dust escapes as new air rushes in. A long dead heart pounds for the first time in ages and a single word escapes as the new breath is released from this mockery of life... "BRAINSSSSSSSS"

This thread lives once more!!!!

I sometimes like a dramatic entrance, and I wanted a place to discuss AIR I just finished episode 7.. the one with the funky time travel thing. I'm really getting into this series. At this point I can't believe it's only got 12 episodes.. that alone makes me sad. I'll probably finish it tonight and have more to say then.
Old 01-10-2006, 12:56 AM   #29   [permalink]
z80

Finished Air tonight. Dang. I need a drink. What was up with that ending? I guess I need to watch it all again. I trying to get the 2 Summer Specials and the Movie right now. Maybe there's a happy ending in there somewhere.