Schizm
V.I.P. Member

Why are you talking about my balls

My n00b=ADdispatcher
Schizm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2005, 05:29 AM   #32   [permalink]
raynebc
Forum Master

Schizm Ask Westlo about his obsession with your balls if you like, I don't want to know.

Westlo I'm a GUY. I picked Washu as my avatar because she is one of my favorite characters. Another one of your presumptions.

Zach Discussions can change when people of different beliefs are involved, get used to it. Bottom line, your first post did request suggestions for fansubs you could get without paying any money because you are either unable or unwilling to purchase the anime instead. It is not because there isn't a large enough selection of already-licensed anime to choose from that you are limited to fansubs.

Last edited by raynebc; 23-02-2005 at 05:30 AM. Reason: Clarification and typo
raynebc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2005, 11:10 AM   #33   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

*yawns*

http://www.animeboards.com/showthrea...#post537791790

Damn my amazing memory ;p

Bottom line, your first post did request suggestions for fansubs

Wasn't it fandubs?
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2005, 11:53 AM   #34   [permalink]
Drizzten
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

Send a message via AIM to Drizzten
The thread gets locked if the topic doesn't remain on anime.
Old 23-02-2005, 03:50 PM   #35   [permalink]
Fatal Outlaw
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to Fatal Outlaw
(hmm...I haven't posted in a while here...)

I agree with Westlo. Fact is, fansub groups do not neccesarily stop subbing a series just becuase it's licensed. In fact, I just heard that AnimeOne and AnimeYuki are still going to continue subbing Ah My Goddess TV, and pretty much no one stopped subbing Naruto. As for this legal letters stuff, I have not heard anything major within the last 2 months. The last I remember was that letter being sent to AnimeSuki, and AnimeSuki isn't even a fansub group. That being said, I'd be happy to be proven wrong (which I actually AM, I am not trying to be full of myself here).

As for whoever started this thread, I recomend Bleach, and in April, Tsubasa RC

Addendum: not to add fire to flame here, but that thread westlo put up was funny. Internet toughness is the greatest thing ever

Last edited by Fatal Outlaw; 23-02-2005 at 03:54 PM.
Fatal Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2005, 04:05 PM   #36   [permalink]
raynebc
Forum Master

Originally Posted by Westlo
Wasn't it fandubs?
His following posts pointed out he intended to say fansubs, and he edited his post to say "fandsubs" if I'm not mistaken.

Even if fansub groups don't stop after licensing, they should. And if ADV is too chickensh*t to protect their rights they probably don't have much right to complain. That doesn't make it right to steal from them. ADV is probably just tolerating it because if they make too much fuss they might alienate their customers.
Old 23-02-2005, 05:30 PM   #37   [permalink]
Fatal Outlaw
Forum Master

Originally Posted by raynebc
Even if fansub groups don't stop after licensing, they should.
Here's the thing though, it's 2-sided. If there's a lot of people who will continue to download, then odds are that fansub groups are going to continue. I believe that's the case for Naruto, AMG and the inevitable Bleach. Same thing happened with Fullmetal Allchemist and InuYasha. So you should consider the fans like the guy who started this thread

As for whether to stop or not, it depends on the groups. It's mostly an ethics thing.

Quote:
And if ADV is too chickensh*t to protect their rights they probably don't have much right to complain. That doesn't make it right to steal from them. ADV is probably just tolerating it because if they make too much fuss they might alienate their customers.
Actually, ADV (and Bandai and Funimation) are really active in stopping bootleggers, the REAL problem and the REAL people that steal from companies. Unlike fansubbers, bootleggers are actually in it to make a profit. Of course, that's a different topic right there.

As for ADV being too "chickenshit" to protect their own rights, well, at one time, they wanted to take down the entire fansubbing "industry" (lack of a better term.) David Williams even said that one of the reasons why they license shows during the financial stage is to stop fansubbers from subbing it. Of course, that depends on the groups, regarding on their ethics.
Old 23-02-2005, 07:56 PM   #38   [permalink]
raynebc
Forum Master

I was considering that 2 sided dilemna earlier. But before the leechers there were the people that provided for the leechers. So the people who sub created the problem (people downloading anime), and as long as people keep downloading it, the subbers will keep doing what they do. They won't stop people from downloading something that's available, so the only logical target is the fansubbers. And if ADV bought the licensing to a show, they have every right to demand the complete cessation of distribution of subs for that one show. They shouldn't tell people not to sub something that hasn't left Japan, fansubs that are handled responsably can help the industry by keeping interest in anime alive and telling companies like ADV what's popular with otaku. That helps them decide what to license.

Even if subbers aren't capitalizing off of the fansubs, they are still stealing from companies when they distribute something that's already licensed. And even then, there are still pricks who sell fansubs they downloaded.

Last edited by raynebc; 23-02-2005 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Typos
Old 24-02-2005, 10:22 AM   #39   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

Naruto 123 subbed in english and French

Hey nice to see you back Fatal and yeah that thread was funny which is why it stuck in my mind lmao @ vlaks we are now entering the Internet tough guy zone

oh yeah thread starter look out for Bandai's upcoming anime Eureka 7 looks killer and you don't have to worry about it ever been licensed since well Bandai USa own it...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2005, 06:31 PM   #40   [permalink]
Zachalmighty

Send a message via AIM to Zachalmighty Send a message via MSN to Zachalmighty
I guess ill have to play along with the new subject matter!
Im not a leecher!
Raynebec you suck, how dare you call me a leecher! I pay for Cartoon Network so why the ---- cant i dl episodes they are about to put on their channel? WTF are they getting payed for, a one shot deal that Naruto will only be played once-twice a week! Thats some gay ---- so you ------- hippy activist raynebc you can take your lawyers and contracts, and gay licenscing and shove it in your loose homo ass!!!!! Go play with the french hippies who call their curtains art in Central Park and suck their smelly unclean balls!

Mwah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Zachalmighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2005, 07:24 PM   #41   [permalink]
Fatal Outlaw
Forum Master

Originally Posted by Zachalmighty
Im not a leecher!
Raynebec you suck, how dare you call me a leecher! I pay for Cartoon Network so why the ---- cant i dl episodes they are about to put on their channel? WTF are they getting payed for, a one shot deal that Naruto will only be played once-twice a week! Thats some gay ---- so you ------- hippy activist raynebc you can take your lawyers and contracts, and gay licenscing and shove it in your loose homo ass!!!!! Go play with the french hippies who call their curtains art in Central Park and suck their smelly unclean balls!

Mwah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's really mature.

It's not that you can't download the episodes, it's the fact that it's illegal. You shouldn't worry about it, since no one actually stopped downloading Naruto Including me har har har except I support the industry by buying the dvd's when it comes out, I probably have around almost 1500 anime dvd's, and 30% of it I never watched (mostly stuff that I watched as fansub, ie. Noir and Please Twins.) Anyway, there really haven't been any MAJOR action in terms of legal stuff by the companies, but I'd suspect they'd start cracking down soon, and by soon I mean sometime between the next 5 years.

As I said earlier, and this goes to fansub groups AND downloaders, it's all ethics, it all depends on values, so it's useless to push someones opinions down someone's throat.

Carry on.
Old 25-02-2005, 06:29 AM   #42   [permalink]
raynebc
Forum Master

Im not a leecher!

Mwah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You are a leecher. You paying for cable means you can make a recording from CABLE AND LOCAL TV SHOWS for your own personal use. And you're free to watch whatever you see on your TV. Maybe you should pick up a book or something because you are sounding like a complete retard. A hippy would support taking from the corporations, or maybe you don't know what hippies are, you just arbitrarily use terms like that and don't realize you're a moron. To me it sounds like you're some punk little kid who needs to grow up and get a job. I got a job when I was 16, and you sound like you could use some more responsability. At least then you can buy things instead of just take them. If you were in my physical reach I would pop your smartass mouth and then you would shut up. I hope your parents start disciplining you. If you want to argue about anime licensing maybe you should study up on it because you don't know sh*t.
Old 25-02-2005, 07:30 PM   #43   [permalink]
Zachalmighty

Well you know what if you were in my phsyical reach id bitch slap you. I might not know alot about people because i really dont like people! The reason that is, is the fact that the world is comprised of a mass of jackasses and assholes who's sole purpose is to morally and physically abuse me and other people like myself who actually have consideration for others. But i know your one of those people who like to torture others And for your information I am not a retard and i read books all the time. I love how you make assumptions like im a punk little kid and so maybe i am but you should know I think your a loney crotchity bastard whose only purpose in life is to patrol these boards and turn simple topics into arguments that cause me more grief and push me further towards carpal tunnels so i can defend myself against your comments. I just wanted peoples opinions on anime not your comments about me asking for "free fansubs" and how licenscing should dissallow me from dl any episodes. I am a supporter of the industry money wise as i pay for Anime Network every month and am a proud owner of the outlaw star DVD box set!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
My only fear is that ill forget and let go my hate!
Old 26-02-2005, 08:34 AM   #44   [permalink]
raynebc
Forum Master

Well you know what if you were in my phsyical reach id bitch slap you. I might not know alot about people because i really dont like people! The reason that is, is the fact that the world is comprised of a mass of jackasses and assholes who's sole purpose is to morally and physically abuse me and other people like myself who actually have consideration for others. But i know your one of those people who like to torture others And for your information I am not a retard and i read books all the time. I love how you make assumptions like im a punk little kid and so maybe i am but you should know I think your a loney crotchity bastard whose only purpose in life is to patrol these boards and turn simple topics into arguments that cause me more grief and push me further towards carpal tunnels so i can defend myself against your comments. I just wanted peoples opinions on anime not your comments about me asking for "free fansubs" and how licenscing should dissallow me from dl any episodes. I am a supporter of the industry money wise as i pay for Anime Network every month and am a proud owner of the outlaw star DVD box set!
You probably don't know a lot of people or have many (or any) friends because of the way you act. And if your conduct here is any indication of how you are offline, I wouldn't want to know you either. Less people would reat you like a punk kid if you didn't act like one perhaps?

And as much as it might gratify you to make believe you're better than everyone, it simply isn't true. If you actually read what others are saying, you CAN download fansubs of ANIME NOT LICENSED BY THE COUNTRY YOU ARE LIVING IN. Stop selectively-misinterpreting what I or anybody else is saying.

You seriously don't understand this issue if you think having cable TV and owning one DVD box set entitles you to download all the anime you want. And I wonder if you would like to or could prove your DVD set is Region 1?

Last edited by raynebc; 26-02-2005 at 08:35 AM.
Old 26-02-2005, 11:42 AM   #45   [permalink]
Zachalmighty

You probably don't know a lot of people or have many (or any) friends because of the way you act. And if your conduct here is any indication of how you are offline, I wouldn't want to know you either. Less people would reat you like a punk kid if you didn't act like one perhaps?

Theres another one of your assumptions! I know many people and it just so happens that most other people than my ten friends i hate because they either torture my friends or me or are just complete assholes to everyone around them. Okay i might have misinterpreted what you said because i know nothing about the industries licenscing laws and i dont beleive that having one box set allows me to download all the free anime i want. Thats assumption no. 2 you made and the only licensed anime i download via torrent is Naruto and when it comes in DVD box set i buy it.Could you please define punk little kid for me because if im a punk little kid then that makes you an anal retentive ignorant person who doesnt even consider other peoples views on subject matter.(I bet your a christian)
Awake me not: Hush, whisper low