Old 03-02-2005, 07:25 PM   #1   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

What do you think of the latest batch of animes from the newest season? (Jan05)

What titles are you watching from the latest anime season and what do you think of them

Ah! My Goddess looks to be the definitive version of the series as long as it animates the entire manga and not just have the initial 26 eps....

Air TV seems compelling and the animation is gorgeous

Samurai Champloo Season 2 started off fun, the ending better be killer though...

Xenosaga looks alright and seems worth awatch

Last edited by Westlo; 03-02-2005 at 07:29 PM.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2005, 08:35 PM   #2   [permalink]
Fatal Outlaw
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to Fatal Outlaw
Originally Posted by Westlo
What titles are you watching from the latest anime season and what do you think of them

Ah! My Goddess looks to be the definitive version of the series as long as it animates the entire manga and not just have the initial 26 eps....

Air TV seems compelling and the animation is gorgeous

Samurai Champloo Season 2 started off fun, the ending better be killer though...

Xenosaga looks alright and seems worth awatch
A!MG is the only one im actively watching. I thought the first two episodes were dull, slow, and boring, but the episodes after that to current has been pretty good, nothing special though.

Air is supposed to be really good, I should get around to watch it when I have time.

As for Samurai Champloo S2, I think I'm going to wait until the dvd's.

Now, for Xenosaga, I wonder if I should just watch the anime instead of playing through the game...(which I played last year, never got around to finishing it)

anyhow, this being said, the next anime that I'm really excited for is Tsubasa: RC. should be gooood
Fatal Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2005, 08:49 PM   #3   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

Send a message via ICQ to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via AIM to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via Yahoo to Pengi_Ken-Ohki
A!MG bored me. I also think the characters look quite ugly and somewhat lifeless. But its amazing how true to the original they're doing it. I have more than the first 2 eps but cant bring myself to watch.

Air is beautiful and I love it. 6 eps and totally addicted. Gaou!

Xenosaga looked somewhat average.

Havent seen any of the others.
Pengi_Ken-Ohki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2005, 10:39 PM   #4   [permalink]
oppa
Forum Junkie

The one's I'm following from January are:

Ah My Goddess
Air
Jinki: Extend
Mahoraba
Mahou Sensei Negima
Peach Girl
Samurai Champloo
Xenosaga

I'm starting to put off Jinki: Extend and Peach Girl. The first I only watched because it seemed like a cute mechy anime, but it's starting to feel rehashed. The latter is a bit too angsty.

The two I enjoy the most is Air and Mahoraba. Everything about Air is incredible. Mahoraba is just a fun watch and the characters are what keep me in, especially Kozue (& company).

Xenosaga is just an alright one, but I loved the game so I'm gonna sit through to the end of this one.

I'm really only sticking with Mahou Sensei Negima because the manga was fun to read. If the animation doesn't improve after episode 10, as I heard it would, I may put this on the back burner too.

Ah My Goddess is just good enough to watch and Samurai Champloo is, well, Samurai Champloo. I loved it when it started last season, and so, far, it's the same 'ol (which is good). I read it has a solid "final" story arc, so I've got high hopes for the conclusion now.

EDIT: Oh yea, there's also Ultimate Girls. Hahaha, I'm not into the stuff M.O.E. puts out, but after watching the first few episodes of this one, I found myself laughing... more then I should.

Last edited by oppa; 27-02-2005 at 10:42 PM.
oppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2005, 12:13 AM   #5   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

Samurai Champloo is, well, Samurai Champloo. I loved it when it started last season, and so, far, it's the same 'ol (which is good). I read it has a solid "final" story arc, so I've got high hopes for the conclusion now.

That's good to hear since imo it's never really excelled so far except for a few eps.

The main reason I'm wacthing Xenosaga is because I haven't played the game, though I hope to solve that problem by modding my ps2. I can't believe it wasn't released in Australia....

As for next season I'm looking out for Eureka 7, yep complete Studio Bones fanboy here.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2005, 03:05 AM   #6   [permalink]
oppa
Forum Junkie

The main reason I'm wacthing Xenosaga is because I haven't played the game, though I hope to solve that problem by modding my ps2. I can't believe it wasn't released in Australia.....
That's a shame. Tho I wouldn't say Xenosaga was one of the best rpgs I ever played, it had it's moments and was strongly story driven. The battle system wasn't too tedious in the end either (that's one of the big things that define an rpg for me. There is no battle system that I've ever, truly LIKED... it's all about if, by the end of the game, I was content with it or so severly annoyed by it that I wanted to rip my guts out through my mouth...)

*Ahem* But, I digress. Back to the point, the game was fun. I'm sure you know this already, but if/when you do play it, be prepared for a ton of cut scenes. A TON. I found it just fine, but it seems those that have big complaints about Xenosaga always complain about how there was so many. To each their own, I suppose.
Old 28-02-2005, 09:21 AM   #7   [permalink]
ssjvlad

The one's that I'm following from January are:

Ah My Goddess
Air
Jinki: Extend
Mahoraba
Mahou Sensei Negima
Xenosaga

and S2 of Girls Bravo which came out in february

Ah My Godess, seems to go overlly slow, and is really boring me,i guess im still watching it because ive seen the AMG OVA.

Air is great with great characters and great animation.

Mahoraba and Negima are comedic, and are prety fun to watch.

Jinki just seems like a mecha series with 12 year old girls being pilots. Overall, its ok.

Xenosaga, does really leave much impresion on me, just like the game. People were saying how great the game was, i played it and wasnt really that thrilled.The story just didnt leave any impact on me by the time i beat the game. The series is prety much a follow of the story of the game with some minor changes(which i cant help but point out every episode i watch)

Now as for S2 of bravo, While the episode was prety hilarious they seem to have gone far over the top(with the ecchi).

Now you probably notice that champloo isnt on the list, thats becuase, i never really liked S1 of Champloo, it prety much bored me, i doubt S2 will be any different. i may check it out if i feel like it.
ssjvlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2005, 12:37 PM   #8   [permalink]
Fatal Outlaw
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to Fatal Outlaw
The main reason I'm wacthing Xenosaga is because I haven't played the game, though I hope to solve that problem by modding my ps2. I can't believe it wasn't released in Australia....
You're gonna be watching Xenosaga anyway when you play the game, only difference is it's in 3D.

Too little game time, way too much cut scenes....long ones at that, there was one that was over half an hour!
Fatal Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2005, 06:18 PM   #9   [permalink]
ClickOnMySoul

Send a message via AIM to ClickOnMySoul
Anime that I've been following since January:

Hot Gimmick: verrry twisted soap opera in manga form. cute but complicated (and at times annoying characters), nevertheless, you keep wanting more

Mars- soap opera in cute manga

I.N.V.U.-incredibly cute, eye-appealing, but does not lack in meaning

Serial Experiments Lain- ok, i'm one of the few but- i love it. not great animation, but the varying styles of art make up for it. the story, while complicated, is loose enough for you to determine whatever you want about it. and of course, the music...amazing!
Old 28-02-2005, 09:55 PM   #10   [permalink]
Darklightz
Forum Elite

I always was a fan of Oh!My Goddess! so it's only natural I watch the new series.The animation is great and it manages to bring new scenes while remaining true to the manga storyline

Air is just amazing.OAV quality animation as well as deep complicated characters,just how I like 'em.And did I mention Misuzu is incredibly cute?

Xenosaga is nice so far,makes me want to play the game now.I only hope the battles won't always revolve around KOS-MOS.

Mahoraba Heartful Days is another really cute anime.It's fun sometimes to have a simple funny anime that doesn't try to push a romantic relationship or dramatic event.Just funny guys doing funny stuff

I also caught the first episode of Tales of Phantasia wich had very nice animation and two funny characters.Unfortunately I can't find any more of it.
Old 21-03-2005, 11:39 PM   #11   [permalink]
WierdIsraeli
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to WierdIsraeli Send a message via AIM to WierdIsraeli
I've been watching Air and it's quite a good drama.
mahoraba is amusing, and I came to pity the main character because of his art teacher.
Xenosaga is amusing for me due to nitpicking on the hebrew there.
Starship operators is nice, but I just call it "reality TV in space"
Quote:
"Work best under the pressure of impending death."
WierdIsraeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2005, 03:39 AM   #12   [permalink]
MaNgA4LyF
Forum Elite

Send a message via MSN to MaNgA4LyF
I havent been following 05's new releases lately.. Air is apparently really good but i havent been bothered to follow it..
However being the ichitard i am I'm hanging on day by day for Ichigo 100% TV to come out.. same goes for the OVA =D
Old 25-03-2005, 10:27 AM   #13   [permalink]
Rei Ayanami

Xenosaga is awesome. Watch it. If you want send me and IM and I can send you first episode. (AOL: Sakura7991 , YAHOO: irunwithscissors524 ) It might take awhile though...
Rei Ayanami is offline   Reply With Quote