Old 26-03-2005, 10:15 AM   #1   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

Send a message via ICQ to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via AIM to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via Yahoo to Pengi_Ken-Ohki
Futakoi - Shaping up to be something decent

Anyone else watching this?

I started out with just an episode or two, and continued to watch it every now and then. Then suddenly it became hugely interesting. Its one of your standard "1 wimpy nice guy, 100 gorgeous girls who want him" style anime. But unlike the other anime, this one looks like its gonna do what Ive always wished theyd fkn well do: FORCE the main character to stop being VAGUE about his damned feelings and choose _1_ out of all of them.
If they actually follow through, Im hugely curious how they'll manage to get him to make the right choice whilst at the same time not leave all the other characters and the audience feeling anti-climax or let-down.

Alternatively if it just ends vaguely I'll be highly disappointed.
I always loved Handmaid May because he had a clear path. Multiple cute girls, but the guy wasnt a loser (he worked hard, and he was honest about his male desires) and he made a choice..and the choice didnt leave the viewer going "awww man, he shoulda gone out with x instead".
Pengi_Ken-Ohki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2005, 12:00 PM   #2   [permalink]
Darklightz
Forum Elite

I like the cuteness of the series and the strange effect of twins liking the same guy at the same time.So it's more about choosing wich 2 twin sisters he wants

Oh and about the ending........I"ll just let you see for yourself.
Old 26-03-2005, 12:53 PM   #3   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

Send a message via ICQ to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via AIM to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via Yahoo to Pengi_Ken-Ohki
Originally Posted by Darklightz

Oh and about the ending........I"ll just let you see for yourself.

OMG. You know the ending? Burn in hell, manga reader. Thats what you are right? Burn..BURN!!! Damnit, just you knowing the end makes me feel like the series is about to end and isnt ready for it yet.

Personally, I kinda think he should die. Like, suicide or something. I just cannot see any other way out.

God, now Im so worried. Thanks, jerk
Old 26-03-2005, 06:00 PM   #4   [permalink]
Darklightz
Forum Elite

Lol,no I meant the end of the anime.I"m not even sure there's a manga,i haven't been able to find one.

But the cuteness of twins is far from over.The second season,called Futakoi Alternative,will begin airing in Japan april 6th.This series centers on a new male character.From the looks of the trailer,it will be pretty much like Onegai Teacher/Onegai Twin,a series involving new and old characters.
Old 26-03-2005, 07:32 PM   #5   [permalink]
oppa
Forum Junkie

I think this was based on a game. Not sure if it was an H-game, but I know there was at least a PS2 game of it.

Anyway, the sequel looks good. Sara and Soju were 2 of the more interesting twins in Futakoi and they seem much more prominent in the sequel. Hopefully, the main character is... um... SPOILER

not like friggin stupid ass Nozomu! F U Nozomu!! Seriously, his indecisiveness and stupidity knew no bounds. That was also why I hated the Futakoi ending. A mediocre, but interesting series with some cute characters and it was ruined by Nozomu and the ending.

*ahem* Well, not a huge spoiler, but I think what happens in the ending can be deciphered from my.... uh... slighly emotionally charged, mini-rant.
Old 28-03-2005, 04:08 AM   #6   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

I noticed the 'Futakoi Alternative' on animenfo.

Oh god, dont tell me this series is gonna be another Tenchi Muyo.
Old 28-03-2005, 07:48 PM   #7   [permalink]
oppa
Forum Junkie

Originally Posted by Pengi_Ken-Ohki
I noticed the 'Futakoi Alternative' on animenfo.

Oh god, dont tell me this series is gonna be another Tenchi Muyo.
Maybe, except the end of Tenchi Muyo didn't suck.

Given my general, negative feelings for Futakoi as a whole, and from what I've seen in the previews for the "sequel"... I am actually anticipating it. Whether it pulls a Tenchi Muyo or is actually a sequel.. hell, even if it makes up a bunch of other ----... I don't care.

Anything to get my mind off the first one. And, no Nozomu = hell yea!

And, more Sara/Soju = booya!
Old 29-03-2005, 12:24 AM   #8   [permalink]
Darklightz
Forum Elite

From the look of the cast for Futakoi Alternative,it seems it will have all the twins,yet it does not talk about any other characters(not even the new male character!) and from the trailer,Sara doesn't seem like a sick shy girl.So it could very be an alternative world without Nozomu.I didn't like Nozomu that much either,but it would just seem weird having all the girls like another guy all of a sudden
Old 29-03-2005, 04:29 AM   #9   [permalink]
oppa
Forum Junkie

True, that would be a bit weird. What I'm hoping though, is that it'll be more of a, say, "slice-of-life" story with romantic elements instead of just a rehash of the original. Basically, it'd be nice of Sara/Soju were the focus (along with any of the other twins).

Sure, I'm hoping alot, but meh. At least there's no Nozomu. (yea yea, last time I bring that up )
Old 29-03-2005, 10:24 PM   #10   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

How many episodes is this series?
Im guessing 13, seeing as I just finished watching 12. This leaves me feeling like things are going to be ended prematurely.

But definately, Im enjoying what the maker is doing to Nozomu. Ive seriously grown tired of anime where the girls unquestionably love the one guy and he's allowed to just 'be nice' to them all forever. This one, Nozomu's going mad and the girls are in pain.
But I still see no way for him to able to choose a single one. The problem with twins is that Sumireko/Kaereko (sp?) and Sara/Soujo are the only ones with defined characteristics. The Sakurazaki sisters are identical in behaviour and personality, so it doesnt seem possible that he can choose one.
Old 30-03-2005, 06:28 PM   #11   [permalink]
Darklightz
Forum Elite

There's 13 episodes yeah.

What's funny about Sara/Soujo is that they're the only twins that doesn't act as a pair.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:57 AM   #12   [permalink]
WierdIsraeli
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to WierdIsraeli Send a message via AIM to WierdIsraeli
You know, I've seen the first episode of futakoi alternative, and let me just say that the similarities start and end with the twins, it's like an alternative reality there.
Quote:
"Work best under the pressure of impending death."
WierdIsraeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 09:48 PM   #13   [permalink]
oppa
Forum Junkie

Hot damn. Futakoi Alternative was tight as hell. I loved it, and I'm greatly looking forward to more. I was anticipating a few series' for this new season, but this was not of them. If it wasn't obvious, it will be now.

I think I'm gonna just forget the first one ever existed. Sure, it's not a "sequel" or anything of the sort.. hell, the only thing that is similiar is the names of the twins, and how they look. So far, the one's they've shown act differently, though they retain the general elements of their personalities.

Better animation to go along with having action, unlike the first. Not only that, the animation improvement benefits the comedy and regular interaction sequences as well.

The new main character... I started off thinking he'd be another pussy, but, well... ya gotta watch to know more. I will say that he's acceptable. Definitely.

Last edited by oppa; 12-04-2005 at 09:51 PM.
oppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2005, 12:21 PM   #14   [permalink]
Darklightz
Forum Elite

Lol, "Futakoi Alternative" is an understatement.From the deadly action to more adult subject and none too subtle imagery (Two schoolgirls covered in white stuff)

It shows promise,yet I did like the cuteness of the first season.By the way,did anyone else notice the name of the organization?The Sakurazuki Gang It'll be interesting to see more
Old 16-04-2005, 02:16 AM   #15   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

Hmm, i havent seen Futakoi Original ep 13 yet. Now you're telling me alternative is out?

<--sad panda.