Old 03-04-2005, 10:26 AM   #1   [permalink]
Marius
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to Marius Send a message via AIM to Marius Send a message via Yahoo to Marius
My-HiME

So now that the series is over what did y'all think about it?

Personally I thoroughly enjoyed every episode and was pretty happy with the ending. The way the show was going it had to end on a happier note instead of leaving us with a depressing void of an conlusion. I thought the characters were interesting and the humour used was great. Animation was pretty decent as well.

Your thoughts?
Marius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 03:00 AM   #2   [permalink]
xfracture

i enjoyed it... even more so when the battles really started to get heated
xfracture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 05:37 PM   #3   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

Send a message via ICQ to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via AIM to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via Yahoo to Pengi_Ken-Ohki
I stopped ~ ep 8 =( =(

Cant find the episodes I need now.
Pengi_Ken-Ohki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 07:57 AM   #4   [permalink]
Lurker
Forum Addicted

I'm disappointed. ANN Encyclopedia promised me nudity. I'm up to ep 5 and so far nothing but some very tame fanservice while they've passed up many opportunities for some satisfying gratutious nudity.

*Leers*

Give me nudity damnit or I will throw many fluffy animals at you!
Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2005, 11:17 PM   #5   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

Send a message via ICQ to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via AIM to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via Yahoo to Pengi_Ken-Ohki
Spoilers contained within. I've tried to be vague, but yeh.

Series blew me away. At times I was thinking on the similarities between it and "Melody of Oblivion" but they're few, far, and vague in between.

Seeing Mai in that state was amazing. They really just crushed that character and I thought it was beautifully done.

I wish Tate had handled things a little better though. And I felt sorry for Nao. She had nobody cept herself, and when she finally started opening up it was all spoiled.
I found the actions of the Sister were disappointing. I dont think she could've been so easily manipulated. But I guess maybe she wanted to be.

I wish Akira had gotten more exposure. For a ninja she sure sucked at survival/fighting.
Old 23-04-2005, 11:35 PM   #6   [permalink]
Rei Ayanami

It was overall a good series. Miyu- that was a minor disapointment. Mikoto was my favorite. I hear they ended it short because it wasn't doing so well in Japan, although it has many fans in the US! =D
Rei Ayanami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2005, 01:59 AM   #7   [permalink]
Marius
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to Marius Send a message via AIM to Marius Send a message via Yahoo to Marius
Well it must've been popular enough because My-HiME season 2 is in the works. Series will be called My-HiME: Next Stage and main character is called Arika, the girl that appears for like a few frames towards the very end of the last episode as Mai, Natsuki and Mikoto run off.
Old 24-04-2005, 02:13 AM   #8   [permalink]
WierdIsraeli
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to WierdIsraeli Send a message via AIM to WierdIsraeli
I must say that the end was predictable, for me at least.
Quote:
"Work best under the pressure of impending death."
WierdIsraeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2005, 04:37 AM   #9   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

Originally Posted by Marius
Well it must've been popular enough because My-HiME season 2 is in the works. Series will be called My-HiME: Next Stage and main character is called Arika, the girl that appears for like a few frames towards the very end of the last episode as Mai, Natsuki and Mikoto run off.

Holy ----!?

I saw that girl and I was thinking "gee.. what a waste of an artists' time making some girl turn around and look at Natsuki like that".

Man, Im so excited reading that. I cant even begin to imagine what they must be planning. I have to admit Im a sequel whore. I love seeing old loved ones again. After I finished Evangelion I went out and rented "Genesis Survivor: Gaiarth" thinking it must be the sequel (admit it, the tiel just make you think its about the survivors of evangelion). When that turned out to be a diff story, I instead googled. I came across some bloody fanfiction. Ugh, back then I didnt know that people bastardised beautiful pieces of work for their own pathetic fantasies of grandeur. Anywho I emailed Madman Entertainment asking when they were gonna release the 'sequel' to NGE. The sales guy who emailed me back was very nice. Explained what a fanfic was. Admittedly the thing that made me think it was legit was the fact the writer had gone so far as to make VHS covers for their fic. WTF.

*sigh*
I need the new series.
And it better not be like Onegai Twins / Futakoi second seasons. Where you just get a cameo here and there. Nono. I want the 'crew'.
Cos Mai is pretty.
Redheads <3 <3

Haha, Mai is prolly the only one I guess. Screw the others. It hurts my wee little brain to imagine people go through these hugely important and dramatic encounters, only to just become another nobody human.

*sigh* The sequel to Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien was looking fkn sweetass. Its tone and everything was hugely appealing to me after the original. But they no like fansubbers =(
Hope it gets released quickly.
Old 24-04-2005, 09:00 AM   #10   [permalink]
Marius
Forum Master

Yeah I hope they at least include Mai in a bit. She was one of the most interesting female characters I think I've ever seen in anime. I have a feeling though that we'll only be seeing Natsuki cos of those last comments about how she was gonna have to redo school all over again cos she skipped so many classes. Although I'm not sure if Mai graduated at the end. Was she in the same grade as Shizuru and the others? If it does go along those lines then there should be more Nao and Mikoto.
Old 24-04-2005, 07:39 PM   #11   [permalink]
Rei Ayanami

Yay Season two! Thats going to rock! I hope it stays sorta the same... Darn, that sucks about no Mikoto... She was the best!
I loved it when Mai had just saved her and they had gotten back to Fuuka and Mikoto was running arround. It was so funny XD ^-^
Rei Ayanami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2005, 04:49 AM   #12   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

Nah,I aint really into Mikoto. Animal girls were never my thing.
Old 25-04-2005, 08:04 AM   #13   [permalink]
Ado
Forum Junkie

Send a message via MSN to Ado
From the start Mai as a character was really annoying to me. She seemed obnoxious, except with super powers, sort of like Sailor Moon. By the time a few episodes passed Shiho to over for most obnoxious (you love oni chan we get it). As the story goes on Mai become way more human and for me, way more likeable. She no longer holds onto the "no one fight eachother" attitude, but rather "I'll do anything to get Takumi back." It really does become more enjoyable as the story progresses, they did an awesome job of building up the HiMEs, I even felt bad for Akane when Harry was killed.

Of course by 20-21 some really unexpected things happen which make the story that much more enjoyable. I think this series shows how people are ruled by their feelings, and that every person has that desire to watch someone else be built up and then crushed. I mean that, for me, is what made Mai-HiME so good, even PKO used the word "beautiful" to describe it. Looks like we all have a little Nagi/Reito in us that enjoyed watching the carnival.

Last edited by Ado; 25-04-2005 at 04:16 PM.
Ado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2005, 08:45 AM   #14   [permalink]
Marius
Forum Master

Yeah I was pretty shocked when Akane lost Harry. I really wasn't expecting anything like it to happen. One of my favourite scenes is when Mai loses Takumi and then just goes mental on Mikoto. I thought that was brilliant.

Oh and I vote Shiho as the most annoying character ever created. God I wanted to punch her in the face every time she scowled at Mai or Tate. UGH so frustrating she was.