Old 12-04-2005, 07:35 AM   #1   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via MSN to orochi X
Tsubasa Chronicles

So the anime version of CLAMP multiverse crossover manga; Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles has begun. Ohh how I've eagerly awaited this series. I've quite enjoyed what I've read of Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles.

Episode one typical CLAMP look and feel throughout the episode, isn't terribly exciting but then again it is the first episode. What really stood out was the background music for me, quite fitting.

Hmm Syaoran looks alright though he looks disproportioned at times, Fye looks fine and Kurogane well he doesn't lookas built as the manga version, he looks too lanky like Fye.

I eagerly await to see the oversized Sumomo (Chobits).

Hmm I wonder how long the series will be, hope not too long as with long series I tend to lose interest.
orochi X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 10:48 AM   #2   [permalink]
Darklightz
Forum Elite

That is interesting,especially seeing teenaged versions of Sakura and Syaoran.I look foeward to seeing what this series can do
Old 12-04-2005, 09:16 PM   #3   [permalink]
Fatal Outlaw
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to Fatal Outlaw
Originally Posted by orochi X
So the anime version of CLAMP multiverse crossover manga; Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles has begun. Ohh how I've eagerly awaited this series. I've quite enjoyed what I've read of Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles.

Episode one typical CLAMP look and feel throughout the episode, isn't terribly exciting but then again it is the first episode. What really stood out was the background music for me, quite fitting.

Hmm Syaoran looks alright though he looks disproportioned at times, Fye looks fine and Kurogane well he doesn't lookas built as the manga version, he looks too lanky like Fye.

I eagerly await to see the oversized Sumomo (Chobits).

Hmm I wonder how long the series will be, hope not too long as with long series I tend to lose interest.
I like the music as well, except I can't help but scream .HACK!!!!! (especially with the opening scenes, oh, btw the music is done by Yuki Kajiura, who also did the music for NOIR and .hack and Aquarian Age). I also like the part in the opening where they show Sakura and Syaoran in CCS world.

Anyway, I liked the first episode, looking forward to the rest.
Fatal Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2005, 08:56 PM   #4   [permalink]
oppa
Forum Junkie

Well, Yuki Kajiura and Bee Train (studio) practically go hand-in-hand. All the series' by Bee Train, that I've caught at least an ep of, had the BGM composed by Kajiura. That would be Noir, .hack, Avenger and now Tsubasa Chronicles. I did see an ep of Madlax but I don't recall the music and I haven't seen Mein Liebe.

Anywhoo, highly anticipated, so I had to watch. Plus, I like Bee Train and Kajiura. Slow start, but picked up nicely by the end. It introduced a helluva lot of chars. The crew that seems to be the main crew, seen at the end... heh, they look like they gonna be sweet.

As usual, the music is a little overpowering, but after all the Kajiura series' I've seen, I guess I should be used to it by now.

I read way back that a good amount of Clamp chars would show up in this series, and try as I might, I couldn't recognize anyone except one. SPOILER

Anyone else catch the char that looked like Chi? You know, from Chobits. Heh, she wasn't titled like the other chars, but it did look like her to me.

One day, I'll learn spoiler tags. Then again, that wasn't much of a spoiler... meh.

Someone wanna gimme a rundown of who's from where, from ep 1. I'm curious if there are others from series' I haven't read/seen.

Last edited by oppa; 13-04-2005 at 09:00 PM.
oppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2005, 10:04 PM   #5   [permalink]
Darklightz
Forum Elite

Lol,it's not much of a spoiler.It is Chii

The little White and Black bunnies are from Magic Knight Rayearth

Yuuko,the Dimentionnal Witch, is from XXXHolic.

Fay and Kurogane are new characters
Old 14-04-2005, 01:48 AM   #6   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

You'll see some more familiar Chobits characters later on towards the series, an oversized giant Sumomo and that other persocom (that little one which was owned by that Dragonfly fellow).
Old 17-04-2005, 11:11 AM   #7   [permalink]
ssjvlad

seems like they are mixing characters from different anime series into one, looking prety good so far. they have Rayearth(Magic Knight Rayearth) show up in ep2. and the white bunny is even called Mokona.
ssjvlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2005, 08:37 PM   #8   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

Episode 2.

Nothing terribly exciting but then again it's still early in the series. Sigh that's pretty much all we will see of Yuuko, well I hope they give her some filler episodes to tide me over till the XXXHolic movie comes out haha.
Old 17-04-2005, 10:55 PM   #9   [permalink]
Darklightz
Forum Elite

Hehe,I kinda guessed something like that would happen.If Kurogane is his world's greatest fighter and Fey is a wizard,they'd have to give something for Syoran to fight with.

But I didn't like how quickly Yuuko made them go on their journey.If Fey already can travel through worlds,why does he need Yuuko for anything?
Old 17-04-2005, 11:02 PM   #10   [permalink]
Fatal Outlaw
Forum Master

Originally Posted by Darklightz
But I didn't like how quickly Yuuko made them go on their journey.If Fey already can travel through worlds,why does he need Yuuko for anything?
Becuase he can only do it once. Same with Yukito and Tomoyo which sent Syaoran and Kurogane respectively. For some reason, they never mention it, but they do in the manga.
Old 17-04-2005, 11:13 PM   #11   [permalink]
Fatal Outlaw
Forum Master

Originally Posted by oppa
Anywhoo, highly anticipated, so I had to watch. Plus, I like Bee Train and Kajiura. Slow start, but picked up nicely by the end. It introduced a helluva lot of chars. The crew that seems to be the main crew, seen at the end... heh, they look like they gonna be sweet.
Yes it is. Imagine Magic Knight Rayearth-with guys.

Quote:
I read way back that a good amount of Clamp chars would show up in this series, and try as I might, I couldn't recognize anyone except one. SPOILER

Anyone else catch the char that looked like Chi? You know, from Chobits. Heh, she wasn't titled like the other chars, but it did look like her to me.

One day, I'll learn spoiler tags. Then again, that wasn't much of a spoiler... meh.

Someone wanna gimme a rundown of who's from where, from ep 1. I'm curious if there are others from series' I haven't read/seen.
Someone already mentioned Mokona (from Rayearth) and Chii (Chobits). Others from episode 1 are: Yukito (CCS), Toya (CCS), Ashura (RG Veda). Episode 2: Yuko (xxxHolic), Kimihiro (xxxHolic), Rayearth (Rayearth).

I think that's it. Also, for a fun bit of information, Mokona was named after one of the CLAMP authors. Also, xxxHolic is pronounced holic, without the xxx (from that one article I read some time ago).
Old 19-04-2005, 12:18 AM   #12   [permalink]
Darklightz
Forum Elite

Originally Posted by Fatal Outlaw
Becuase he can only do it once. Same with Yukito and Tomoyo which sent Syaoran and Kurogane respectively. For some reason, they never mention it, but they do in the manga.
Interesting,do they say why they can only do it once?
Old 19-04-2005, 10:23 PM   #13   [permalink]
Fatal Outlaw
Forum Master

Originally Posted by Darklightz
Interesting,do they say why they can only do it once?
Yes, except I'm working from memory here becuase my copy of the manga is back at my house (I'm in my dorm room right now.) If I recall properly, the spell is too tedious and magic consuming that they can only do it once. And becuase of that, the only place they can send the recipient is to Yuuko.

Someone who has a copy of volume 1 may actually explain this better...but I am positive that the spell can only be done once.
Old 23-04-2005, 06:35 PM   #14   [permalink]
oppa
Forum Junkie

Whoo, finally watched ep 2 after putting it off for other things. Man, that was a mistake. Tsubasa is quickly becoming my fave series for this new season. Nothing really stands out about it, but the whole package... it's just really entertaining.

Haha, it kinda reminds me of Quantum Leap with RPG elements. Ok, too early to make such a weird comparison... I gotta wait until they jump dimensions again. Hehehe, sorry, don't ask me why I totally thought QL when the witch said they can go to diff dimensions but they have no control over which one.
Old 25-04-2005, 11:31 PM   #15   [permalink]
Fatal Outlaw
Forum Master

Ep 03 brings Sorata and Arashi from X, as well as Celes (Umi's guardian and Rayearth.) There's a couple more I think for Rayearth on ep 03, but I have not read/seen MKR in years.

Ep 3 was a little slow paced, but the little music thing they did before the first half was amazing. I want the OST, now.