Old 12-06-2005, 10:32 PM   #46   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via MSN to orochi X
If this were any other anime I'd probably have given up on the series, but as a CLAMP fan I'm going to watch this series through.

Yes the first half of episode 10 was good, as you said it was quick paced. I wonder who the Miteshu are, can't wait to see them be revealed. Hopefully next episode will be the last of this story arc, and something more interesting will develop.
orochi X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2005, 04:05 PM   #47   [permalink]
Fatal Outlaw
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to Fatal Outlaw
Originally Posted by orochi X
If this were any other anime I'd probably have given up on the series, but as a CLAMP fan I'm going to watch this series through.

Yes the first half of episode 10 was good, as you said it was quick paced. I wonder who the Miteshu are, can't wait to see them be revealed. Hopefully next episode will be the last of this story arc, and something more interesting will develop.
As I said earlier, I'm in love with the episode. I stopped reading the manga at this point so it's all new to me. Anyway, yea, I want to know who the miteshu are. Also, it seems like the next episode will be the last one in this arc, judging from the next ep. preview.
Fatal Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2005, 12:26 AM   #48   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

Episode 11

Well that felt terribly anticlimatic didn't it. Shaoran's facial expression when he was getting thanked by Chun Hyang looked terribly silly, felt out of place. Miteshu are finally revealed, though I have no clue who they are .., from the notes it's some TV drama of sorts?

At least off tha new world, not much is revealed about it in the sneak peek. I hope it's better then the hiteshu one.
Old 19-06-2005, 10:28 AM   #49   [permalink]
oppa
Forum Junkie

Originally Posted by orochi X
Episode 11

Well that felt terribly anticlimatic didn't it.
Yep. Definitely. I thought the final battle, and Shaoran's "winning move" was going to be spectacular. At the least, something cool. Once in the previous episode and twice in this episode, it seemed like that would happen.

Besides that, I did rather enjoy the way it turned out, since the what's-his-name bad guy will be eternally screwed.

On a side note, they should all wear their cloaks all the time. They all look so much cooler with them on... more like a gang. Heh.
Old 26-06-2005, 09:24 PM   #50   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

Well episode 12 wasn't all that grand. Character development episode, only Mokona's antics made this terribly boring episode somewhat interesting. I was hoping to see midget underwater people hahah. They sure could hold their breath for a long time.

Next world looks quite nice from preview. Hopefully it'll be better then this episode.
Old 27-06-2005, 12:47 AM   #51   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

Send a message via ICQ to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via AIM to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via Yahoo to Pengi_Ken-Ohki
Something is definately missing from this anime. It just doesnt spark a reaction in me. The princess is really pretty, but I just dont care. Maybe the fights are too easy or something. But I dont find myself getting excited or worried.

Is it only Clamp fans who are excited about this?
Pengi_Ken-Ohki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 11:10 PM   #52   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

Yeah I know what you mean this series lacks something, it's missing some sort of "spark", I don't know it's hard to explain.

Episode 13

New world, like I said every other time it's looking interesting but like every other time it usually ends up being a bit of a bore. I just hope not this time round. I like this world, European feel and some what intriguing mystery with the missing children.
Old 03-07-2005, 11:19 PM   #53   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to ACE2001 Send a message via Yahoo to ACE2001
Just a quick question: I heard that this series is somewhat of a follow up from Card Captor Sakura. Would it be better watch that first or just go ahead and watch Tsubasa Chronicles?
ACE2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 11:59 PM   #54   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

It's no way related story wise to Card Captor Sakura. Tsubasa Chronicles is a stand alone series, it just uses characters from CLAMP series.
Old 04-07-2005, 12:15 AM   #55   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to ACE2001 Send a message via Yahoo to ACE2001
Cool! Then I'll start watching. I was afraid that they were both related story-wise. I can really never tell with CLAMP as they do so many damn cross-overs!
ACE2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 07:50 PM   #56   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

Send a message via ICQ to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via AIM to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via Yahoo to Pengi_Ken-Ohki
Originally Posted by ACE2001
Cool! Then I'll start watching. I was afraid that they were both related story-wise. I can really never tell with CLAMP as they do so many damn cross-overs!

Yeh, I remember wayyyyy back when I was first getting into anime. I saw an anime that I think was called 'Tokyo Babylon' and I also saw 'X'. At the time I kept wondering why it didnt make sense. I later learned that the same character styles are just repeatedly used. Clamp is the only manga company name I know. Because its the only time Ive heard of fans being fans of a company rather than the anime. (I encountered these ppl all those years ago)

Thus I think Tsubasa is just made for those fans. Because its so plain. Its drawn and animated nicely, it has some original looking styles/designs but it just evokes no reaction. Im hoping that the recent developments regarding the main character's missing memory could lead to something interesting. But so far all I see is "hime" "hime" "hime" every 5 mins. You'd think by episode 12 or 13 or whatever that the director could have faith that the viewers realise he intends to protect the hime. Instead of every episode having the scene where he has to re-affirm that he intends to stand by hime. Course, I'll laugh my arse off if he were to turn around and say one episode: "screw it, get your owned damned memories back. This weather sucks". Sadly that wont happen.
Pengi_Ken-Ohki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 08:15 PM   #57   [permalink]
Fatal Outlaw
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to Fatal Outlaw
Originally Posted by Pengi_Ken-Ohki
Thus I think Tsubasa is just made for those fans. Because its so plain. Its drawn and animated nicely, it has some original looking styles/designs but it just evokes no reaction. Im hoping that the recent developments regarding the main character's missing memory could lead to something interesting. But so far all I see is "hime" "hime" "hime" every 5 mins. You'd think by episode 12 or 13 or whatever that the director could have faith that the viewers realise he intends to protect the hime. Instead of every episode having the scene where he has to re-affirm that he intends to stand by hime. Course, I'll laugh my arse off if he were to turn around and say one episode: "screw it, get your owned damned memories back. This weather sucks". Sadly that wont happen.
I personally don't think so. I think it's just the director, Koichi Mashimo. It's the way he does things. It'd be much different if the series was directed by someone from Madhouse. I think the things you listed above, like how it has no reaction (which I personally think there is) is becuase that's how Mashimo did it. Believe it or not, I've read the same things like what you said over and over again, except for Noir and .hack//SIGN.

Regardless, I am in love with this series.
Fatal Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 07:01 AM   #58   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

The OST is out, "A song of storm and fire" is the track I've been wanting ever since I heard it in episode one when Shaoran and Sakura get sent to Yuuko.

Anyway on to episode 14.

Well this story arc has to be my favourite so far, looks like it's wrapping up soon though quite quick unless there's going to be another feather in this world. I'm curious about Dr Kyles motives now. And is it me or does Grosum remind you (look wise) of the count from Castle of Cagliostro?
Old 16-08-2005, 10:50 AM   #59   [permalink]
Zachalmighty

Send a message via AIM to Zachalmighty Send a message via MSN to Zachalmighty
Its been two weeks and no new episode! Wierd, it probably had something to do with baseball
Awake me not: Hush, whisper low
Zachalmighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2005, 06:06 PM   #60   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

From what I've read it'll be back on the 20th and yes it's because of baseball.