Old 26-04-2005, 05:55 AM   #1   [permalink]
ParticleEffect
Forum Elite

Over Rev

as far as i know, it is only manga... but considering how slow the forum is, well, you know.

anyone reading the translations by http://www.mangacity.net/?page=overrev ?

it's basically a female Initial D, though it's hard for me to place the target audience with all the female nudity, but maybe they are just desperate for guys in a market otherwise filled with Initial D.

animenewsnetwork's entry on it in their manga encyclopedia is lacking to say the least, so does anyone know anything about this series? volumes? dates?

actually:

"Artist/Author: Yamaguchi Katsumi
Publisher/Imprint: Shogakugan/Young Sunday Comics
Volumes: 31
Publication Status: Ongoing"

taken from manga city.

so come to realize, it has 31 volumes?! that's as many as Initial D and yet it has virtually NO recognition in the US compared to ID...

Last edited by ParticleEffect; 26-04-2005 at 05:59 AM.
ParticleEffect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2005, 09:15 AM   #2   [permalink]
ParticleEffect
Forum Elite

now don't all respond at once.
Old 26-06-2005, 08:46 AM   #3   [permalink]
AgentHarm75

I heard of this title a while back. How is the info, phyiscals, and driving skills compared to reality. I know ID isn't real and some of things that Tak and other drivers pull is BS at times, but does main driver actually displayed any theory based techniques or is the Ex-Driver BS? The main reason ID has gotten so much attention is that at times the "Drift King" makes camoes appearances as random VAs, and not to mention nearly great deal of manga focuses on the cars and battles with a little fan service here and there. I'll check it though now, since the Fourth Stage is taking to wrap up things up.....(But, then again they have caught with the manga and hardly have any other more material to show).
AgentHarm75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2005, 06:55 PM   #4   [permalink]
ParticleEffect
Forum Elite

it's much more like ID than EX-D. but without all the pretentious stuff they pull out of their asses in ID to make sure the 86 wins. in Over Rev, the protagonist is just learning to drive, so the story is evolving from a completely different angle. and, not that there have been many races in the first few volumes, you get a lot less of the "forced for drama" technoBS (that isn't so much true as it is just brought up for dramatic affect) than in ID.
Old 05-08-2005, 09:35 PM   #5   [permalink]
Steathassasn
Forum Addicted

Send a message via AIM to Steathassasn
well well if it isnt our resident FD Owner ..Welcome back buddy we missed ya. And the title seems familar but i have never actually seen any of the managa ..ill have to start looking for it now ..im glad that you actually show up to tell us such interesting things from time to time.

and ..why does everyone hate on EX-D? i rember they showed an episode featuring most of the basic moves of drifting and they seemed to be on point with most of the stuff. Now if your talking about the car crash in episode 5 and the tri charged miata from the movie then ..yeah ex-d goes off the wall lmao ...Go Tri Charged rotary ...!!!
Old 05-08-2005, 09:47 PM   #6   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via MSN to orochi X
There's a movie for Ex-Driver? Well the OVAs weren't all that great, it was the sluggish animation that stopped me from watching anymore of it. If the movie has improved on the animation then I might look into it ..

As for Over Rev, I've been meaning to start that manga for a while, but I always end up forgetting about it. Maybe this time.
orochi X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 03:33 PM   #7   [permalink]
Steathassasn
Forum Addicted

Send a message via AIM to Steathassasn
i read the first manga and i must say ..i love it ...its like reading the impact blue saga only its a whole series dedicated to it ...and the old school mr2 which i love lol anywho ill be back ...

and yes there's a movie ..it came out last year ..i liked it ...then agian i liked the series to begin with ...except when they kept saying " the ex drivers are awsome " :: shudders :: that made it lame ....
Old 21-08-2005, 05:51 PM   #8   [permalink]
ParticleEffect
Forum Elite

glad to hear you like it. maybe if the word spreads enough, there will be a stronger translation movement for it.