Old 17-05-2005, 07:27 AM   #16   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via MSN to orochi X
Seeing as Esther is going to likely be a crucial character in the series, I'm sure you'll find out more about Esther later on in the series and the meaning behind her 'star'.

As for the ending credits, Abel is a Crusnik (in other words a vampire of sorts, and a "tool" for the Vatican against the Empire) and Esther is a human. I guess it's taboo love .., in the end it just can't work out for them.

But yes we will just have to wait and see.
orochi X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2005, 04:29 PM   #17   [permalink]
hellsinger

Send a message via AIM to hellsinger
I only saw the first episode, so i don't know if i live the series or not. But the character designs remind me too much of Chrno Crusade, and seems lot like Hellsing
Old 28-05-2005, 03:28 AM   #18   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to ACE2001 Send a message via Yahoo to ACE2001
Just watched the 4th episode and:

Spoiler:
We see Esther's power, I suppose. She's able to send the dead to heaven. Well, that's what I got out of the last scene when she was with Gaual.

Gaual was using the Star to take revenge on the townspeople whom killed his wife Maria, (whom was trying to use the Star to save the people.) To sum up this episode with one word: revenge. Overall pretty good as more action comes about with Abel and Gunslinger. Man, Gunslinger is the man!! Did Genocide on them fools!!!

As far as plot is concerned, now Abel and Esther are traveling to Rome to bring together peace between the vampires and humans.

By judging the first 4 episodes, it is easy to compare this to Hellsing, but I find this to be more....sophisticated while Hellsing relied mostly on style and the coolness of their characters. I guess we'll have to see where this goes.
ACE2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2005, 04:14 AM   #19   [permalink]
WierdIsraeli
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to WierdIsraeli Send a message via AIM to WierdIsraeli
There was one thing that was more interesting than most in that episode.

Spoiler:
a certain code, if you know what I refer to, one which states that Abel is somewhat related to a space project of sorts, and if you add that up to the vision he was having in the second episode when the girl touched him, you kinda starts to put the puzzle together
Quote:
"Work best under the pressure of impending death."

Last edited by WierdIsraeli; 28-05-2005 at 04:16 AM.
WierdIsraeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2005, 04:42 AM   #20   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Spoiler:
It's funny you said that WierdIsraeli. I just went back to episode two to watch that scene. It sort of reminded me of what went on between Vash and Knives in Trigun when they were in space. I want to go out on a limb and said that was Abel's brother perhaps? And I am also assuming that Abel's an artificially created vampire, if that makes sense, since he has a unique ID number. I hope this anime doesn't turn into a space opera.
Old 28-05-2005, 06:01 AM   #21   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

Just finished episode 4 myself then

Spoiler:
Yes things are coming along quite interestingly now. I'm intrigued with Abel even more, he's also a lieutenant and somewhat affiliated with some "Red Mars" program. Could this "Red Mars" program have to do with this Crusnik species of vampire, which I assume like ACE2001 it's some artificially created type of vampire.

Yes this series is coming along quite well. And yes ACE2001, Tres the gunslinger just absolutely rocks. "Positive"
Old 01-06-2005, 11:49 PM   #22   [permalink]
Darklightz
Forum Elite

I like how the kid pope keeps getting manipulated.Is he gonna grow a spine and tell everyone to zip it or will the two weirdos rule the Vatican in his name?It'll be fun to see.

Tres is awesome.I always liked emotionless cyborg type characters like him.

Abel is becoming the least interesting character.The pseudo-Goku character is overdone,it's not funny anymore.If he spend each episode giving a moral lesson to someone it's gonna get boring.

I love the bass though!I'll have to find the OST
Old 02-06-2005, 12:42 AM   #23   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

Episode five was a nice break away from the vampire slaying. Bit of comedy infused throughout which worked some what well, it didn't feel too out of place.

Spoiler:
Those flashbacks were intriguing. The spaceship with Abel crashing into the water. The child who I assume is Caterina. And that mysterious sleeping lady.
Old 02-06-2005, 06:44 AM   #24   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Watched episode 5....watching it felt weird to me. I can't quite describe it. It felt like I was watching a completely different anime or something. Everyone so carefree and relax that it was quite...odd. I welcome the change though. Hopefully we'll see some Tres the Gunslinger action in the next episode!!

Now for the spoilers:

Spoiler:
Yeah, the flashback scene was interesting as we get a chance how Caterina and Abel met. I wonder whom was the deceased woman that Abel was with...Another thing, I think I've fallen in love with Noelle-kun! She has a very alluring look to her. Sister Kate does too. Is it just me or is the Pope just a complete wimp?! The freckin Pope for christ sakes crying like a little baby cause his brother yelled at him!! Screw that, If I was the Pope, I wouldn't be taking crap for no one. Hopefully he'll man up, I can't stand to watch him get pushed over like that, especially when has alot of power.
Old 16-06-2005, 09:12 PM   #25   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Watched episode 6. Very action packed I must say. Well on to the spoilers.

Spoiler:
Abel and Esther were nowhere to be found in this episode, but we get a chance to see Vactician's Assassin. His code name is Sword Dancer. First Gunslinger, now this guy. Too cool. He wiped out an entire building full of vampires!!! It seems that Vactican is somewhat "afraid" of his tendency to take things to the extreme. I hope that he gets more action time in this series.

Overall, I thought this episode was definately a step up from episode 5 because it goes back to action that we all know and love.
Old 24-06-2005, 02:03 AM   #26   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

Finally managed to watch episode 6 myself, I'm following W-Dreamers and it took them a while to release it for some reason. Hope it doesn't happen again with the releases of the other episodes

Yes Sword Dancer just oozed awesome, and typical bish aswell might I add with his flowing long hair and those scars over his body. I hope to see him some more in the future episodes, uncover his past and what not.
Old 24-06-2005, 04:33 AM   #27   [permalink]
MaNgA4LyF
Forum Elite

Send a message via MSN to MaNgA4LyF
ommgggggg x___x i want abels hair xD short comment for now =3
sure sword dancer is cool, but i still love that blood scythe omgggg i want it. i want his hair as well. grow hair it is
Old 24-06-2005, 04:45 PM   #28   [permalink]
Darklightz
Forum Elite

Well the Vatican has a nice group of vampire killers!

Episode 7 was fun,I loved their take on Peter Pan.
Old 24-06-2005, 11:58 PM   #29   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Spoiler:
Hmm...I thought episode 7 was kind of weird. Peter Pan and Vampires?! This was more like a filler episode, I suppose with no sign of moving forward. Again Esther was nowhere to be found. I found this episode to be somewhat surprising considering how the Peter Pan story was able to gell within the Vampires. Another thing thing I noticed is that there were 2 moons, the same as Trigun.....The more I watch Abel, the more that he reminds me of Vash. There almost mirror images of each other that it is scarry. Hopefully he'll brake out of that phase soon.
Old 19-07-2005, 11:11 PM   #30   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Before I start, I know that the anime is licensed so I alot of people may or may not reply in this thread which is okay. There are still fan-subs out there along with the raws, so it's up to you if you want to search for them. If you still can't find it PM me. Another thing is that I can watch it on Japan television so it is somewhat irrelevant for me anyways. Okay with this bit of info out of the way on to the spoilers:

Episode 8:

Spoiler:
I thought that this was one of the better episodes of the series so far. Still no Esther, but we get a chance to see Mr Abel and Noelle together which I thought was cute. They're traveling together to Barcelona to investigate the collaspe of the National Art Museum of Catalunya. Turns out that Barret (the one whom created the mutated children in episode 7) was responsible for creating a weapon called the "Silent Noise" but was killed as soon as he completed the weapon. The new villian here is Kampfer of the Rosenkreuz Orden. He's the one that executed Barret as he served his purpose. The mystery here is whom exactly is the "Orden" and why exactly is he doing this. But the most interesting part of the episode for me was when Abel turned into a Crusnik. You start to see some powerful emotions from him as Kampfer is using the weapon to destroy some of Barcelona. He manages to chase Kampfer away but the damage was already done. Then you see tears of blood from Abel, which that was a bit sad. Also it seems like Noelle was caught in the blast so she is MIA right now.

Very good episode. One bit of info that I left out was during the first half of the episode, Noelle confesses to Abel that she likes him. Knowing Abel, he acted aloof, not really giving her an answer. But, I'm pretty sure that he likes Esther as of right now, so I don't what is going to happen between Abel and Noelle.

I'll use the next post for spoilers of episode 9.

Last edited by ACE2001; 19-07-2005 at 11:22 PM.