Old 01-06-2005, 11:42 PM   #1   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via MSN to orochi X
Bakuretsu Tenshi

I've been watching Bakuretsu Tenshi (thanks to a friend) lately. So far I've watched the first seven episodes of this cyberpunk esque series.

Not really anything fantastic. Sure Jango was a pretty cool robot and I do hope there will be more mecha action but really nothing has got my interest so far. I'm a bit sick of Meg, her and her damsel in distress, actually all the characters aren't anything special, typical stereotypes.

Only thing that's really got me continuing with the series is the action, the cyberpunk theme and the slim hope that the series will improve later on.

So anyone else seen this series?
orochi X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 06:46 AM   #2   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to ACE2001 Send a message via Yahoo to ACE2001
I've seen the first several episodes myself. They were pretty action packed. I know that an OVA is coming out this summer for it, so I'm looking forward to watching that too.
ACE2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 05:37 AM   #3   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

Was Bakuretsu Tenshi that popular enough to warrant an OVA? Is it a direct sequel or such to the series?

So far the series is slowly getting better, I'm interested in those monsters with the glowing brains and Jo with that purple mark she has on her arm.
Old 07-06-2005, 01:17 AM   #4   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

I'm not sure if it's a direct sequel or not. Funimation plans to play the OVA at the Anime Expo this year, which has all that has been said about it. I'm very curious about it though.
Old 14-06-2005, 08:46 AM   #5   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

Finished the series. Average series, poor character development and plot with decline in animation quality as the series progressed, also discarding supporting characters later on ala Kyohei and Amy some what. And let's not forget the inflatuation of chest sizes *cough bikini episode cough*

Dissapointed with the ending, rushed and anticlimatic. What the hell RAPT was led by some brain thing which I don't recall ever being explained in any detail?! Ending left me feeling empty.

I'm going to assume the new OVAs will follow Meg, as seen in the end of the final episode she dons Jo's jacket, wielding akimbo pistols and having a very own red Jango of herself. So hopefully we can see Meg kickass instead of whine and be kidnapped .., not like I really care.
Old 14-06-2005, 09:28 AM   #6   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Hmm...sorry to hear that. Being as I just viewed the first DVD, I'm still looking forward to how things turn out though. Alot of fans shared your view-point on the series that it was disappointing and that the ending sucked big time. I want to assume that the OVA could pick up where the last episode left off, I guess.
Old 23-06-2005, 09:27 AM   #7   [permalink]
Steathassasn
Forum Addicted

Send a message via AIM to Steathassasn
i wish i would have known that the series was gona be this bad before i picked up the box....i mean how many times can they mention "hell" in a series. If i wanted zombies and monsters i would have bought hellsing..from the box i was expecting something more .hmm...western. oh well 1 out of 3 aint bad lol...and besides this cute wrist strap thingy is ...kinda cool...

well ill be looking to more disappointment in the following volumes..