Old 03-06-2005, 11:24 PM   #1   [permalink]
Fatal Outlaw
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to Fatal Outlaw
recomend me some 'tenchi' type anime series'

It's my favorite genre. Yes, I know, the one guy-multiple girls is so generic that a lot of people are sick of it. To be honest, a lot of them are stupid. Regardless, Tenchi, Dual, El Hazard are three of my favorite anime series of all time, but the recent ones that just premiered are plain horrible (Ok, I've only seen Da Capo and A!MG TV.) I am watching Ichigo 100% right now and it's quite good, but I am yearning for more romanic comedies (which I prefer to call Tenchi shows.) Can anyone recomend me some good ones?

While I'm on the subject, "Kimagure Orange Road" and "If I See you in My Dreams" are two great ones that everyone should watch.
Fatal Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 01:51 AM   #2   [permalink]
Robotech Master
Forum Addicted

Have you watched any of Ken Akamatsu's stuff?

Hmmm...how about Maburaho?

Did you ever see Photon, which was made by AIC as well IIRC?

Robotech Master
Robotech Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 09:35 AM   #3   [permalink]
mrgazpacho
Forum Master

Harem anime.

Can't say I've seen much, myself. I saw the first episode of Hanaukyo Maid Tai La Verite and it seems to have it all; the rich boy, devoted maidservant and sexy group of nitwits chasing him
Old 04-06-2005, 10:53 AM   #4   [permalink]
Fatal Outlaw
Forum Master

Originally Posted by Robotech Master
Have you watched any of Ken Akamatsu's stuff?

Hmmm...how about Maburaho?

Did you ever see Photon, which was made by AIC as well IIRC?
I'm not too fond with Love Hina and Negima...I saw Photon as well.

Quote:
Can't say I've seen much, myself. I saw the first episode of Hanaukyo Maid Tai La Verite and it seems to have it all; the rich boy, devoted maidservant and sexy group of nitwits chasing him
From what I've seen though, the show is a little too fanservicey. Some shows are just that, but some of them actually have a good story. So pretty much, how is the story to Hanaukyo Maid Tai La Verite?
Old 04-06-2005, 12:36 PM   #5   [permalink]
oppa
Forum Junkie

Both Hanayuko Maid Tai series' are thin on storylines. Many harem animes have a simple story, which they try to make dramatic near the end of a series (Tenchi and a few others as being exceptions). It's more a comedy then it is anything else.

Many of these series' would be considered romantic/comedies but HMT is way more comedy then anything else. Well, comedy and fan service (almost seems like it should be a genre now).

You seem to like the harem series' that have a story that's deeper then just the relationships between the characters. Of those, I can't think of any offhand to recommend, but for the one's that are set right into the harem romantic comedy genre are:

Ranma 1/2
Ai Yori Aoshi
Hand Maid May
Happy Lesson

Those are all that come to mind right now, of one's that I enjoyed.

Last edited by oppa; 04-06-2005 at 12:59 PM.
oppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 01:38 PM   #6   [permalink]
Darklightz
Forum Elite

My current favorite one guy many girls anime is Mahoraba Heartful Days.it's very funny and has a good story.

Yumeria is a strange action/comedy/romance anime that I enjoyed.

Onegai Twins was very funny as well.
Old 04-06-2005, 03:05 PM   #7   [permalink]
Fatal Outlaw
Forum Master

Originally Posted by oppa
Ranma 1/2
Ai Yori Aoshi
Hand Maid May
Happy Lesson

Those are all that come to mind right now, of one's that I enjoyed.
I actually have seen all of those as well, and I'm watching Enishi at the moment.

What I noticed is the newer ones that are coming out are getting less and less interesting, with only a few to be execptional (as in stands out.) I heard a lot of good things about Air, but like Kanon, it introduced waaay too many girls, in the first episode no less (never even got past the first episode.) I', quite happy I saw Ichigo 100%. The premise makes it sound that it's just another fanservice show, but it actually gets past that to the point that the basic premise of the story is not applicable anymore. Regardless, I want to watch more good ones in the lines of Tenchi...
Old 04-06-2005, 09:34 PM   #8   [permalink]
oppa
Forum Junkie

I'll second Mahoraba -Heartful Days-. I forgot I was currently watching that one too. The pacing is relaxed, but it's funny... at times, even "off-the-wall" funny for such a relaxed anime.

For some reason, I didn't think of Air when thinking of harem animes. It definitely would be classified as that, among others genres. I enjoyed Kanon but Air was a step above it. I don't remember if the characters were all introduced in the first episode, but it was all within the first two (or three, dang, can't remember). In any case, for sure, you should catch the first few episodes of that and see for yourself.

Hmm, I thought the market was flooded with harem animes, but I can't think of too many. Maybe my memory's just shoddy. Or maybe most of them are horrible and I refuse to remember... hmm.

Last edited by oppa; 04-06-2005 at 09:36 PM.
oppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 10:37 PM   #9   [permalink]
Fatal Outlaw
Forum Master

I'll check out Mahoraba, but judging from the pictures I've seen, the characters all look like 5 yrs old.

While I'm at it, I'll recomend Ichigo 100% to everyone.

Also, I never got past episode 1 of Negima on the simple fact that it didn't look too promising, and it's practically Love Hina part 2. So what I wanna know if it's worth checking out more episodes (A!MG TV started really boring, but got interesting as it went on. nothing exceptional though)
Old 05-06-2005, 12:21 PM   #10   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

Send a message via ICQ to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via AIM to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via Yahoo to Pengi_Ken-Ohki
Originally Posted by Darklightz
My current favorite one guy many girls anime is Mahoraba Heartful Days.it's very funny and has a good story.

Yumeria is a strange action/comedy/romance anime that I enjoyed.

Onegai Twins was very funny as well.

I second heartful days.

Onegai Twins has a lot of drama, but similar.

'Futakoi' can also count but gets a bit of drama going.

Its unfair to count 'Handmaid May' in the catagory as it was actually really good. Not to be confused with 'Handmaid Mai' which appears to be a ecchi/hentai ripoff.
Pengi_Ken-Ohki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 07:54 AM   #11   [permalink]
ssjvlad

lets see animes with the theme u were talking about(1 guy multiple girls) and are were not listed i guess are

Comic Party
DearS
Elfen Lied
Final Aproach
Girls Bravo
Green Green
Hani Hani -Operation Sanctuary
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien
Martian Sucsessor Nadesico
Psychic acadamy
Pita Ten
Rune Solider
Saber Marionette J
Steel Angel Kurumi
Wind -a breath of heart TV
W-Wish

Last edited by ssjvlad; 06-06-2005 at 08:54 AM.
ssjvlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 12:36 PM   #12   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

Send a message via ICQ to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via AIM to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via Yahoo to Pengi_Ken-Ohki
Originally Posted by ssjvlad
lets see animes with the theme u were talking about(1 guy multiple girls) and are were not listed i guess are

Comic Party
DearS
Elfen Lied
Final Aproach
Girls Bravo
Green Green
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien
Psychic acadamy
Pita Ten
Rune Solider
Saber Marionette J
Steel Angel Kurumi
W-Wish

This means war. You're good. Well then, I'll get serious too. Be prepared!
Pengi_Ken-Ohki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 02:43 PM   #13   [permalink]
Fatal Outlaw
Forum Master

Originally Posted by ssjvlad

Comic Party
DearS
Elfen Lied
Final Aproach
Girls Bravo
Green Green
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien
Psychic acadamy
Pita Ten
Rune Solider
Saber Marionette J
Steel Angel Kurumi
W-Wish
sigh...I'm not asking for a list of titles, I'm asking for recomendations of GOOD titles that I can watch. I've seen most of the titles in that list except for Pita Ten, Psychic academy and Green Green while I have W-Wish sitting in my folder.

Anyway, I've seen 2 episodes of Mahoraba. Not really too fond of changing personalities, but so far, I'm really not digging it. Off to watch more though...at least until the new Bleach comes out...
Old 06-06-2005, 06:43 PM   #14   [permalink]
Darklightz
Forum Elite

Kozue dosn't change very often.In fact I wish she would become Natsume more often.Oh and don't worry,the children drawing story-telling ends quickly enough.

Anyway,W Wish has 2 cute girls with Onii-sama syndrome.While i liked the style I got bored of it.Maybe it was an overdose of cuteness? lol I don't particualiry recommend it unless you are really our of ideas

Psychic Academy I liked because near the end is becomes quite dark,wich is unusual for this type of anime.However the anime is very low quality,I recommend reading the manga instead.I do recommend the manga

Green Green is ecchi,nuff said.
Old 07-06-2005, 09:25 AM   #15   [permalink]
ssjvlad

Originally Posted by Pengi_Ken-Ohki
This means war. You're good. Well then, I'll get serious too. Be prepared!
lol. ive just seen a whole lot of anime. and when i have a list of all that youve seen(the link at the bottom of my sig) you can easily scroll down the list and take ones that fit the category.(on that note lets see what u got?)

Originally Posted by Fatal Outlaw
sigh...I'm not asking for a list of titles, I'm asking for recomendations of GOOD titles that I can watch. I've seen most of the titles in that list except for Pita Ten, Psychic academy and Green Green while I have W-Wish sitting in my folder.
the reason i gave a list is becuase you've probably seen most of the anime under this theme anyways, if i give a list you'll be able to find some that you didnt see.

Last edited by ssjvlad; 07-06-2005 at 09:26 AM.
ssjvlad is offline   Reply With Quote