Old 07-06-2005, 01:53 PM   #16   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

Send a message via ICQ to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via AIM to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via Yahoo to Pengi_Ken-Ohki
Does lots of men all loving the same boy count? Kyou Kara Mao was like that.

Damnit. I got nothing. I cannot win.

I'll get you next time. Most of my anime is dramatic and crap. So that's my chance!
Pengi_Ken-Ohki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 05:19 PM   #17   [permalink]
Fatal Outlaw
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to Fatal Outlaw
Originally Posted by ssjvlad
the reason i gave a list is becuase you've probably seen most of the anime under this theme anyways, if i give a list you'll be able to find some that you didnt see.
...but it'll be a horrible waste of time if those titles (that I have not seen) are horrible. You should at least give your opinion on what you thought about the anime.

Regardless, how many episodes is Mahoraba anyway? I'm positive it's 26, but just to make sure. In related note, Ichigo 100% is only 13 episodes, but does anyone know if the manga is still running or did it end already?
Fatal Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 10:07 PM   #18   [permalink]
oppa
Forum Junkie

Yep, Mahoraba will be 26 episodes according to AniDB.

Are you sure the Ichigo 100% anime is only 13 eps?

The manga is still going. DAMN manga is STILL going. STILL GOING DAMMIT!

*ahem* My bad. I just think it should've ended many volumes ago. Or at least, had changed some things more drastically instead of being the same ol' same ol'. At the least, it's still funny. I don't even care about the relationships anymore, as long as I get a good laugh when I read it.

Last edited by oppa; 07-06-2005 at 10:09 PM.
oppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 11:40 PM   #19   [permalink]
Fatal Outlaw
Forum Master

Originally Posted by oppa
Yep, Mahoraba will be 26 episodes according to AniDB.

Are you sure the Ichigo 100% anime is only 13 eps?
It says it only has 13 episodes according to ANN's Ichigo 100% encyclopedia page. I don't actually know if that's trustworthy or not...

edit: yea according to AnimeSuki, it's only 13 episodes. Such a shame since I LOVE the series. Hopefully, there will be a new season...Oh, there's also an OAV coming out on 6/20.

Last edited by Fatal Outlaw; 07-06-2005 at 11:50 PM.
Old 10-06-2005, 09:22 PM   #20   [permalink]
iwakura
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to iwakura
[QUOTE=oppa]I'll also be the nth reccomender Mahoraba -Heartful Days

Also second the harem yaoi spoof, Kyo Kara Maoh, it's english title is something like "God save our King". Totally over the top bishie scenes with them literally awkwardly falling over each other. Quite silly and funny.

There is also the classic El Hazard, like Tenchi Muyo, but the storyline is more focused and majestic. The other classic mentioned worth seeing is Sabre Marionette J.

Happy lesson is some sort of merger/parody of all the other harem animes. It shouldn't be watched until you've seen some of the other classics...
Old 10-06-2005, 10:10 PM   #21   [permalink]
Fatal Outlaw
Forum Master

[QUOTE=iwakura]
Originally Posted by oppa

There is also the classic El Hazard, like Tenchi Muyo, but the storyline is more focused and majestic. The other classic mentioned worth seeing is Sabre Marionette J.

Happy lesson is some sort of merger/parody of all the other harem animes. It shouldn't be watched until you've seen some of the other classics...
All great titles, and something I forgot to add in the first post that I should have included as an example- Kare Kano.

Anyway, I still need a good recomendation. Mahoraba is good and all, but it doesn't satisfy me. To clarify, if it's popular and a well received title (like El Hazard, SMJ, Kare Kano, Dual etc,) then I've probably seen it. It could be fansubbed, or released on R1 DVD (some small title to never got any attention or one of the 70000 new dvd's that were released in the last 3 years that I have not heard off)
Old 11-06-2005, 02:32 PM   #22   [permalink]
ssjvlad

What about this one, Urusei Yatsura. its made by the same person who made ranma 1/2. I've only seen a few episodes so i can't really tell you much.

here is a description from animenfo
Quote:
Urusei Yatsura concerns the tempestuous relationship between two focal characters: Ataru Moroboshi who is possibly the most unfaithful, unlucky and lecherous idiot to have ever been born, and there's Lum, a tigerskin-bikini clad alien package of sex appeal, jealousy and electricity who's fallen for him. The series chronicles the misadventures of these two stubborn teenagers along with a veritable entourage of weird characters. Among these characters is the richest boy on the planet, a superhuman schoolgirl, a fire-breathing baby, a powerful priestess/school nurse, a cute and psychotic alien vixen with a split personality, a gender-bending martial artist, an alien biker chick, an ice queen of Neptune, a deranged monk, a giant ghost cat and hundreds of other lunatic personalities; aliens, humans and inhumans alike interract in endless hysteria in a town named Tomobiki.
ssjvlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 03:07 PM   #23   [permalink]
Fatal Outlaw
Forum Master

Originally Posted by ssjvlad
What about this one, Urusei Yatsura. its made by the same person who made ranma 1/2. I've only seen a few episodes so i can't really tell you much.
I've seen a couple of boxsets of it. I really want to see the movie though.

Anyway, I'm looking into Ultra Maniac and Girls Bravo. Can anyone tell me if any of these are good (as in opinions on the show)?
Old 11-06-2005, 04:15 PM   #24   [permalink]
Darklightz
Forum Elite

Girls Bravo is an ecchi comedy.The first season originally had a fog to cover most of the ecchiness,however the DVD version removed the fog.The second season is full ecchi,showing the girls naked in the opening.

That being said I still enjoyed it,but I can't guarantee you will.Are you looking for the more lighthearted or serious type of romance anime?
Old 11-06-2005, 05:07 PM   #25   [permalink]
ssjvlad

Ultra Maniac is a pretty good anime, i enjoyed it, but just so that u know,it doesnt have that multiple girls one guy plot, but it is a romance comedy anime.
ssjvlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 05:48 PM   #26   [permalink]
Fatal Outlaw
Forum Master

Originally Posted by Darklightz
That being said I still enjoyed it,but I can't guarantee you will.Are you looking for the more lighthearted or serious type of romance anime?
Both actually. I really don't mind echiness, as long as they don't shove it down your throat. If it does get too ridiculous, at least have a good story to back it up.

Quote:
Ultra Maniac is a pretty good anime, i enjoyed it, but just so that u know,it doesnt have that multiple girls one guy plot, but it is a romance comedy anime.
good enough
Old 11-06-2005, 09:37 PM   #27   [permalink]
Darklightz
Forum Elite

Well in that case you may like season 1 of Girls Bravo as it is funny,but you won't like as much season 2
Old 12-06-2005, 10:06 AM   #28   [permalink]
iwakura
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to iwakura
re: Yatsura
Originally Posted by Fatal Outlaw
I've seen a couple of boxsets of it. I really want to see the movie though.
There are several movies, I've seen the one people recommend most -- #2 Beautiful Dreamer. The TV series has something close to 200 episodes, so I'll probably never get around to seeing them all.

Quote:
Anyway, I'm looking into Ultra Maniac and Girls Bravo. Can anyone tell me if any of these are good (as in opinions on the show)?
Ultra Mania looked pretty good. I sampled some eps at a con recently. Quite nice, but not very deep.

Last edited by iwakura; 12-06-2005 at 10:21 AM.
iwakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 11:08 AM   #29   [permalink]
oppa
Forum Junkie

The first few and last few episodes of the first season of Girl's Bravo were great. Good comedy, character interactions, and just the right amount of ecchiness. It was fogtastic ecchiness, but ecchi nonetheless. The middle eps were... slow. I almost stopped watching the series.

As mentioned, the second season is an ecchi fest. Hell, I don't even know if I can call it "ecchi" seeing as how it's flat out nudity and hardly subtle sexual innuendos every 5 seconds. Comedy is not bad, but it's just more of the same as the first sans the fogtasticness. It's pure, UN-subtle nudity every chance the animator's could do it. And, I'm so sick of.. what's that fool's name.. Fukuyama? The rich guy. He get's too much screen time, and he bugs the hell out of me. If it weren't for him, I might've seen more then 3 eps of this.

Ultra Maniac is very light-hearted. I only caught about 5 eps, and that was only because it was by Yoshimizu Wataru. This was one of the few mangas of hers that I hadn't read, and thought I'd try the anime instead. I tried to stick to it, but the characters weren't as interesting as her other works and I kinda gave up on it.

Final Approach. I don't think that's been mentioned yet. It's one of them 15 minute animes based on a H-Game. Ok, that's a bad way to start a recommendation, but check it out. It doesn't go overboard with lame attempts at a deep, dramatic storyline. For the most part, it's very light-hearted with lots of comedy. The comedy is key. I laughed alot watching this one. Not a great anime, but it was very entertaining.

Last edited by oppa; 12-06-2005 at 11:16 AM.
oppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 10:36 PM   #30   [permalink]
Lurker
Forum Addicted

Try He is my master, very funny parody of the whole harem/maid genre. Only three episodes available so far, but it's well worth a look.
Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote