Old 27-06-2005, 11:53 AM   #1   [permalink]
Gendou Ikari

Send a message via MSN to Gendou Ikari
Pokemon

Does anybody here still watch Pokemon?

I've been watching it since 1999 so I'm stuck with it.
I mean, it is very repetitive and simple but it is still funny. Team Rocket is the biggest losers of all time, which makes them great. If it wasn't for them, I wouldn't even watch the show.
Old 27-06-2005, 05:42 PM   #2   [permalink]
Souijin

I don't watch it anymore. but I used to.
Old 28-06-2005, 06:23 PM   #3   [permalink]
Shinobi X
Forum Junkie

Send a message via AIM to Shinobi X Send a message via MSN to Shinobi X
I never watch it anymore. I used to though but my cousin still likes to watch it even though he's older than me. I used to like watching it not because of Team Rocket(I think they're pathetic ) but mostly because of the characters action and the Pokemons.
Shinobi X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2005, 06:09 AM   #4   [permalink]
Wolfpac
Senior ---------: V.I.P.

Send a message via ICQ to Wolfpac Send a message via AIM to Wolfpac Send a message via MSN to Wolfpac Send a message via Yahoo to Wolfpac
I do. It's on after One Piece so I just watch it. If something else was on I'm sure I'd turn it off. But it isn't all that bad. I don't think Pokemon killed Pokemon, Mass Merchandising killed Pokemon.
Old 29-06-2005, 06:25 AM   #5   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via MSN to orochi X
I remember watching Pokemon in the mornings on Cheez TV back in primary school. I occasionally catch the odd episode of that Advance series in the morning whilst getting ready for another productive day of university hahaa.
orochi X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2005, 03:05 PM   #6   [permalink]
Fatal Outlaw
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to Fatal Outlaw
Originally Posted by Wolfpac
I don't think Pokemon killed Pokemon, Mass Merchandising killed Pokemon.
Pokemon isn't really killed yet. Last I heard, TV ratings has been stable (not as high as it was back in its peak, but it garners good enough ratings that are better than some saturday morning toons out there.) The video games are doing well and the card game is doing well with its niche (with the other people going to yu gi oh.)

The media attention of it of course, is gone. I think it has a cult following with kids still.

(this is from the last I heard, maybe around nov-dev of last year)
Fatal Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2005, 06:23 PM   #7   [permalink]
Shinobi X
Forum Junkie

Come to think of it, does anyone here still collect Pokemon cards? I still have mine and never plan to dump it in the trash even though I collect Yugioh cards now.
Old 01-07-2005, 11:15 AM   #8   [permalink]
John Faulkner
Banned

Originally Posted by Gendou Ikari
Does anybody here still watch Pokemon?

I've been watching it since 1999 so I'm stuck with it.
I mean, it is very repetitive and simple but it is still funny. Team Rocket is the biggest losers of all time, which makes them great. If it wasn't for them, I wouldn't even watch the show.
Only seen a few of the newer episodes, but it went downhill since series 2, improved at the beginning of series 3 and then it's been free-fall after that.

While I'd agree Team Rocket are extremely funny in their prime (who can forget their theme song in series 1), their jokes are getting old and considering their potential, the creators have nowhere near bothered to do something original with them. Not to mention their plans and actions start to repeat with alarming frequency, reaching a high point with Vitreebell trying to eat James EVERY time it appears. Also, they've become more sappy and kind, which is definitely a bad thing since what is required is for them to be more devious as a contrast to the ever more cloying plotlines.

Overall however, the plot has detoriated to an "Ash wins everthing, Team Rocket loses everything" predictable-a-thon. Also, the animation is getting poorer in my opinion, with the finer details in series 1 shafted in favour of some sort of bland featureless style. The appearance of May and Max is the final nail in the coffin; May being a run-of-the-mill anime extra and Max an extraneous accident (he's pretty much unfunny, contrived and doesn't know as much as Brock, almost like Tracey Sketchit when he was a toddler).

Also, The Legend of Thunder feature was very disappointing - the best thing about it was Attila and Hun, but even they couldn't mask a catalogue of bone-headed characters.

Nonetheless, this doesn't detract from the fact that Pokemon the series, in its prime, remains one of my favourites.

Last edited by John Faulkner; 01-07-2005 at 02:02 PM.
John Faulkner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 11:32 AM   #9   [permalink]
Shinobi X
Forum Junkie

The last time I remember Team Rocket was when they were flying away. Hahaha poor bastards.
Old 05-02-2006, 02:20 PM   #10   [permalink]
Black_Knight
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via ICQ to Black_Knight Send a message via AIM to Black_Knight Send a message via Yahoo to Black_Knight
Looks like Team Rocket is blasting off again!

You have to admit you got a little emotional when Jesse and James had to let go of Arbok and Weesing, to help the Ekans and Koffin, it was sad...
-Bishop Oro
Black_Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 04:18 PM   #11   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

Send a message via ICQ to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via AIM to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via Yahoo to Pengi_Ken-Ohki
Haha, I watched a few eps back when I was 14. Used to love that rocket song, think it played when I started up windows back then.
Pengi_Ken-Ohki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 10:06 PM   #12   [permalink]
hakai
Forum Junkie

The last time I watch it was at the end of the third season. After that I watched it occasionally until the end of the first TV series. That was when I stopped watching it period.

I really wish I knew how repetitive the series was going to continue to be, because then I would of stopped hoping for that end and I would of stopped watching the show after the first season.

Oh yeah, Digimon is superior to Pokemon.
hakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 12:27 AM   #13   [permalink]
Black_Knight
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via ICQ to Black_Knight Send a message via AIM to Black_Knight Send a message via Yahoo to Black_Knight
Digimon sucked, then tamers came, then it sucked again.

I hate it how the heros always get an evoultion ahead of everyone else, I don't like that...
-Bishop Oro
Black_Knight is offline   Reply With Quote