Old 25-07-2005, 03:42 AM   #1   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via MSN to orochi X
Gun X Sword

Ahh well I've begun GUN X SWORD, watched the first episode. Immediate thoughts were it reminded me of Trigun with the Western setting, and Van reminded me of Spike from Cowboy Bebop and a bit like Vash from Trigun look wise that is. Loved his sword very cool, though the robots towards the end was a bit out of place though I'd of preferred if they weren't in the series. Van is a bit of mystery, he can heal himself (?) and has some sort of dark past with this man with a claw hand .., should be a good series I'll definately be following this, let's just hope Wendy doesn't become a damsel in distress type character throughout the series where Van has to save her from peril.
orochi X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2005, 04:31 AM   #2   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to ACE2001 Send a message via Yahoo to ACE2001
Hey orochi X, are you watching the raws or fan-subs because I know that GUN X SWORD is licensed. Anyways, I've watched the first episode of it and Van definately does resemble Spike. Everything from appearance to his demenor. But becomes a different person once you ---- him off. I don't see too much Vash in him though. That honor would belong to Abel from Trinity Blood. Wendy is okay I guess. I can see her really becoming an annoying character in the latter episodes to come, but it's pretty cool to see that she actually knows how to use a gun.

One more thing I liked about the anime was the music. Definately must get the soundtrack once it comes out. Overall, I thought this was a good episode and I am going to continue to watch it. I know that episode 2 has a Big-breasted chick at the helm, so I'm going to have to watch and see what exactly she brings to the table!!!
ACE2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2005, 05:52 AM   #3   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

Originally Posted by ACE2001
Hey orochi X, are you watching the raws or fan-subs because I know that GUN X SWORD is licensed.

One more thing I liked about the anime was the music. Definately must get the soundtrack once it comes out.
I had a feeling that you'd be the first to reply to the GUN X SWORD thread hehe. Well I'm watching the fansubs (seeing as I lack any Japanese language capabilities), a few groups have picked it up but so far the two english fansub groups have only done the first episode.

Music wise, actually to be honest I didn't pay attention to it, or it just didn't catch my interest.

Last edited by orochi X; 25-07-2005 at 05:53 AM.
Old 26-07-2005, 05:55 PM   #4   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

Send a message via ICQ to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via AIM to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via Yahoo to Pengi_Ken-Ohki
That one recently showed up on the torrent networks...in spanish. So I deleted and never re-downloaded.
Licensed eh..maybe tahts why I only saw Spanish.
Pengi_Ken-Ohki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2005, 06:19 AM   #5   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

Just watched the second episode.

Nothing really fancy story wise that is but then again it's still early on. Carmen looks like she might become a supporting character later on in the series, quite like her yoyo wielding skills. We get to see where Dann comes from now an orbiting satellite in space, very interesting to find out its origins.

Good episode, looking foward to more.
Old 27-07-2005, 06:30 AM   #6   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised by Carmen's yo-yo techniques. Hmm...it is just me or does Van seem....mundane? Not really exciting per say, just going through the motions of beating the back guys and blah blah. And what's up with him putting all those toppings on the fish!! Man, I'm suprised he could eat all of that!!

The funniest part of the episode for me was the guys whom had the crazy mustaches!!! Almost makes me want to grow mine out.

It's really hard to tell where the show is heading at this point. It seems that it's going to be a lot of characters entering in just by looking at the opening sequence. Hopefully Van gains a bit more personality as the show progresses.
Old 30-07-2005, 09:31 PM   #7   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

Originally Posted by ACE2001
It seems that it's going to be a lot of characters entering in just by looking at the opening sequence
I like it how now in the opening sequence of episode 3 instead of showing the blue silhouette of Carmen it actually shows her. So I guess from now on everytime they reveal a new character in an episode the future opening sequences instead will actually show that character instead of the silhouette.

Anyway on to episode 3. A bit amusing but all in all not that great, I found it sort of cheesy with the armours combining and what not to form some super armour. Not enough Van and Dann action for my liking haha. Hopefully the next episode will be a better.
Old 31-07-2005, 10:57 AM   #8   [permalink]
Darklightz
Forum Elite

Hmm,I was never a big fan of the weekly bad guy type of show,I hope it will change soon.Also I'm curious what happened to Van's taste buds.Or maybe it's just one his personnal quirks?
Old 31-07-2005, 11:01 AM   #9   [permalink]
WierdIsraeli
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to WierdIsraeli Send a message via AIM to WierdIsraeli
Originally Posted by Darklightz
Hmm,I was never a big fan of the weekly bad guy type of show,I hope it will change soon.Also I'm curious what happened to Van's taste buds.Or maybe it's just one his personnal quirks?
I can personally understand mountains of ketchup or mustard on my meat... but salad dressing, that's just odd.

And I think the whole "weekly bad guy" is only a prelude to the main bad guy, I mean, they do mention the bad guy who kinda takes van out of his usual apathy
Quote:
"Work best under the pressure of impending death."
WierdIsraeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 07:43 PM   #10   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Just finished watching episode 4:

Spoiler:
Not a whole of action this episode as Van spends the most part of the episode sick. While he was sleeping, he ends up calling a woman name Helena. In the flashback, it looks like the man with the claw was responsible for killing his wife or girlfriend? Also he has a scar on his chest that the man with the claw put there as well. Where I am going with? Just who exactly is the man with the claw? Hope he's bad ass.

Oh and another character joined the fray. He's looking for the man with claw as well. Man, this guy seems very popular I tell you!! Next episode, we'll actually find out the reason why Van travels so much, so I'm definately looking forward to this episode as we'll get a better understanding of Van.

One more thing. I was looking at the silhouettes in the Opening Sequences and seems like there are lot more females than males. This could prove quite interesting.
Old 07-08-2005, 07:55 PM   #11   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

EPISODE 4 POSSIBLE SPOILERS!!

Yes that odd mark on Vans chest is a mystery, but what actually what peaked my interest was his sickness and how it had something to do with him not piloting Dann for a while. When you see him activate Dann from space there was a message on one of the screens on the satellite saying something about Van being injured/weak. Does Van have some special bond between him and his armour? He recovered from the fever by piloting it.

As for the new character, he should be interesting, in the preview for the next episode didn't it say something like they were both alike?

Well looking foward to more.
Old 07-08-2005, 08:18 PM   #12   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Yeah, I think that Van and the other guy are both alike because they both have a score to settle with the "man with the claw" it seems. Now where they actually differ should prove most interesting.

Oh I forgot to mention, I liked the part when Van and Wendy were in the cave, she used her gun to start a fire, instead of the old "Boy Scout" method. That definately scored some points with me.
Old 14-08-2005, 11:52 PM   #13   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Just finished episode 5. It definately revealed alot here, some I already knew, but nevertheless:

Spoiler:
As I stated before, its seems that Ray (the guy from episode 4) and Van, have the same agenda: To kill the man with the claw. Also, we learn that Helena was Van's wife. They were supposed to wed on the day that she got killed. The weird part here is that Ray's wife was also killed by the man with the claw on the same day?! Could that mean that Ray was supposed to marry Helena too? I probably mis-interpeted that so I'll have to check again.

Ray seems more ruthless than Van to get his revenge, saying Van's revenge is too kind. Ray definately didn't have any reservations about killing anyone whom stood his way towards revenge. Also, I liked his armor suit Volkein. His fighting ability is also on par with Van, maybe even better, but I'll call it equal for now. Overall this episode was interesting as we find out some truth about the current situation. Next episode looks...meh. Van on a surfboard!! I want to see that. This series is definately peaking my curiostiy. I can't wait to see the man with the claw!!!
Old 15-08-2005, 06:57 AM   #14   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

EPISODE 5 POSSIBLE SPOILERS

I agree ACE2001, that Ray character is a great addition to GUN X SWORD, he is much an opposite of Van. Instead of a sword, Ray uses guns, and instead of coming from the sky, his armor emerges from the ground. I definately want to see more of him later on in the series.

As for your speculations about Helena possibly being Ray's wife to be, Van mentioned Helena's name to Ray and he didn't respond in any way so I doubt that Helena was going to marry Ray, unless Helena went by some other alias. I don't know, it's still speculations now.

But yes episode 5 has to be the best episode I've seen yet.
Old 18-08-2005, 06:58 PM   #15   [permalink]
Darklightz
Forum Elite

Now I understand why the title is Gun X Sword.I look forward to seeing Van and Ray fight again