Old 28-07-2005, 07:12 PM   #1   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to ACE2001 Send a message via Yahoo to ACE2001
Exclamation Basilisk......the Next Berserk!?!

I am wondering has anyone seen this marvel of an anime yet. It doesn't help though that it's already licensed, but if you can, I encourage you to go out and find this anime. It's that good. Everthing from the action sequences to the animation really has got me going for this anime. I really haven't felt so tense and with anticipation since well...Berserk. I mean in Berserk, you knew that some had to die in episode or else it didn't feel right. Basilisk definately does adopt Berserk's dark tone and turns it up a notch or two. I would go more into detail, but I just wanted to figure out who's watching right now.
ACE2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2005, 07:28 PM   #2   [permalink]
Shinobi X
Forum Junkie

Send a message via AIM to Shinobi X Send a message via MSN to Shinobi X
Never seen it so what's it about?
Shinobi X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2005, 07:50 PM   #3   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Here's a quick summary of it:

Koga and Iga were ninja clans that had been fighting for 400 years. Gennosuke of Koga and Oboro of Iga, loved each other and promised to break down the cursed bond of conversion. However, they were destined to kill each other.

It was Keicho Era 19 (A.D. 1614), 73-year-old Ieyasu was wondering which of the brothers he should choose as a successor, Takechiyo or Kunichiyo. Takechiyo was the elder but he was stupid, while his younger brother Kunichiyo was clever. In order to choose the successor, Ieyasu decided to make Koga and Iga fight against each other. Both clans would choose ten best ninja to fight. If Kouga ninja survive, Kunichiyo would succeed to Shogun. On the hand, Takechiyo would become the next Shogun if Iga ninja win. Because Hattori Hanzo the first made them achieve a truce, they hadn't had an apparent fight for years. Therefore, when the truce was broken, they went for fights as if they were unleashed hound dogs. The only weapon they use were their own bodies. They had special abilities that men could hardly imagine.

Now that, the battles of twenty ninja including old, young, men, and women began. They made most of their special abilities to fight. During the harsh battles, they were killed one by one. Which would win, Koga or Iga? Who in the world would survive? Then, what would become of the love of Gennosuke and Oboro, who were separated by the battle.
Old 28-07-2005, 08:46 PM   #4   [permalink]
zxzxzxzxzxzx
Executive Member

I'm keen. How long before I can get a 'legitimate" copy? Or do I have to go hunting?

Either way, you're right.
zxzxzxzxzxzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2005, 11:34 PM   #5   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Well...considering the fact that the anime was licensed on June 4, 2005, it may be awhile before you get a "legitimate" copy. I know that the manga won't get released in the states untill 2006 of next year, so that should give you a rough estimate. So have two options: you can hunt for the subs for yourself or I can PM the links to you?!
Old 30-07-2005, 06:08 PM   #6   [permalink]
MerleFan

Im down for a PM...
MerleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2005, 12:37 AM   #7   [permalink]
zxzxzxzxzxzx
Executive Member

yes, I'm also pm-able

Either way, you're right.
zxzxzxzxzxzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 01:17 AM   #8   [permalink]
Drizzten
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

Send a message via AIM to Drizzten
Quote:
Says ACE2001:

So have two options: you can hunt for the subs for yourself or I can PM the links to you?!
There will be none of that on AB, please.
Old 02-08-2005, 01:32 AM   #9   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Originally Posted by Drizzten
There will be none of that on AB, please.

I assumed that as long as you don't disclose the link out in public, that it was okay to PM the members the link. It's not as if I'm throwing the link out there in public or anything. Simply, my standing is, if you want the link, I'll PM to you personally, which is why I didn't put the link out here in the first place. Maybe I need to re-read the rules to make sure that I'm not violating anything. If I am, then I apologize.
Old 02-08-2005, 01:38 AM   #10   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Nevermind, its rule 10. Explains it bright as day. So I'm to assume this includes PM messages as well? Can a moderator or eva2000 specify this? It's not as if I'm giving the link to 4,000 members? I'm just exposing some anime-fans to a great anime series to spark discussion and nothing more. I've been here for over 4 years, so I'm wondering if I could get some lee way here or not. If that's not the case, then I would like for it to be specified in the rules that you also can't use PM to link to other licensed fan-subs. Again, I apologize, but I want to make sure everything is concrete so I won't make the mistake again.
Old 02-08-2005, 07:20 PM   #11   [permalink]
Fatal Outlaw
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to Fatal Outlaw
Originally Posted by ACE2001
So I'm to assume this includes PM messages as well? Can a moderator or eva2000 specify this?
I'm no moderator, but yes it applies to PM's as well as I personally got a PM from Eva2k some 2-3 years ago (wow, I've been here for a long time...) saying that there shall be none of that.

Quote:
It's not as if I'm giving the link to 4,000 members? I'm just exposing some anime-fans to a great anime series to spark discussion and nothing more
give it a rest, it's not allowed. Also, there's just something wrong about suggesting people to not wait until the "legitimate" release (where legitimate shouldn't be in quotations anyway.)

edit: I just totally remembered something, didn't I tell you that it wasn't allowed when you were providing links to Naruto scanlations a while back? I hate to say I told you so, but I did.

Last edited by Fatal Outlaw; 02-08-2005 at 07:33 PM.
Fatal Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 08:52 PM   #12   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

No I don't remember and you don't have to be so anal about it. I understand now and I won't do it again, I just wanted to make sure about it. Like I said, if it does apply to PM, IT NEEDS TO BE SPECIFIED IN THE RULES!!! With that, I'm through with this discussion. Let's try to get back to Basilisk talk.
Old 03-08-2005, 12:04 AM   #13   [permalink]
Fatal Outlaw
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to Fatal Outlaw
No I don't remember and you don't have to be so anal about it. I understand now and I won't do it again, I just wanted to make sure about it. Like I said, if it does apply to PM, IT NEEDS TO BE SPECIFIED IN THE RULES!!! With that, I'm through with this discussion. Let's try to get back to Basilisk talk.
Ehhh, not to dwell on the past, but I'm anal about it becuase you practically pushed yourself on sending links of Naruto scanlations even though I told you it was not allowed (in addition to it being illegal in the first place). If I remember correctly, you said you didn't like how I was "playing police." Well at least you know now.

Regardless, Basilisk is supposed to be the better of the three Gonzo titles that Funimation licensed this year, the other two being Trinity Blood and I think Speed Grapher. Here's the official site (Japanese) to Basilisk

and the ANN page on Basilisk. You can see the promo to Basilisk if you click on the headline.
Fatal Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 01:34 AM   #14   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Let it go man.......IMO, I think you should be able to send links through PM as the public doesn't have access to it. In no way, shape or form am I doing anying harm here other than introducing my fellow members into a wonderful anime series that could generate some interesting discussion around here. God knows AB needs it right now. IMO I think it sucks that the Japanese don't have to worry about anime being "licensed" or what not. They can watch it with no worries. But with us, we have to wait a year, or sometimes even long to have a chance to watch what the Japanese are currently watching here. Again, this is MY OPINION. Sigh.....

In the end, rules are rules.

P.S. I am getting a strange feeling that you don't like me much do you Fatal Outlaw?
Old 04-08-2005, 02:53 PM   #15   [permalink]
eva2000
Administrator

Nevermind, its rule 10. Explains it bright as day. So I'm to assume this includes PM messages as well? Can a moderator or eva2000 specify this? It's not as if I'm giving the link to 4,000 members? I'm just exposing some anime-fans to a great anime series to spark discussion and nothing more. I've been here for over 4 years, so I'm wondering if I could get some lee way here or not. If that's not the case, then I would like for it to be specified in the rules that you also can't use PM to link to other licensed fan-subs. Again, I apologize, but I want to make sure everything is concrete so I won't make the mistake again.
it applies to pms as well - but you can talk about the anime all you want

It does sux though the wait we go through to watch new anime

Last edited by eva2000; 04-08-2005 at 02:56 PM.
eva2000 is offline   Reply With Quote