Old 25-09-2005, 10:31 AM   #1   [permalink]
Kusunagi
Forum Junkie

Ultimate Villian

Sephiroth is consider the bad boy in the video game industry. In your opinion who would his anime counterpart be? No more than 2 names per post.
Kusunagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2005, 10:42 AM   #2   [permalink]
Wolfpac
Senior ---------: V.I.P.

Send a message via ICQ to Wolfpac Send a message via AIM to Wolfpac Send a message via MSN to Wolfpac Send a message via Yahoo to Wolfpac
I would have to say Freeza from Dragonball Z. Also Shishio from Rurouni Kenshin would be another tough boss. I would name more but I'm only allowed two.
Old 25-09-2005, 10:44 AM   #3   [permalink]
Squall Leonhart
Forum Addicted

Send a message via MSN to Squall Leonhart
*COUGHS*JENOVA*COUGHS* (really thats all sephy is, a completed clone of Jenova)

ahem

Dr. Muraki (yami no matseui) I think anyone that hits on a guy with the intention of killing him, cutting off his head and then sewing it on his brother just so he can kill him again is pretty damn dastardly.

And though they have nothing in common, there is only one anime I know where a guy sends "meteors" to earth (on the final episode he sends one that was supposed to be like three times bigger than mars hurled at us)
That would be Dr. Yuri Leonov
The catch? the peices he sends are actually himself, memories that have each indivdually grown a concous form all wanting to get home. Kinda fucked up ain't it?
Old 25-09-2005, 10:48 AM   #4   [permalink]
Kusunagi
Forum Junkie

I finally saw Grappler Baki the series and Long is... RUTHLESS! I love that guy. Freezer was pretty darn ruthless too, he just looked gay! Oh Im glad you picked squall as an avatar, if you would have choosen Tidus I might have questioned your manhood!
Kusunagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2005, 12:18 PM   #5   [permalink]
dheu
Forum Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to dheu
Originally Posted by Squall Leonhart
And though they have nothing in common, there is only one anime I know where a guy sends "meteors" to earth (on the final episode he sends one that was supposed to be like three times bigger than mars hurled at us)
That would be Dr. Yuri Leonov
The catch? the peices he sends are actually himself, memories that have each indivdually grown a concous form all wanting to get home. Kinda fucked up ain't it?
But he's not actually a villain per se. He's just trying to make it back home. Of course, the humans that see this huge destructive force coming down think he's evil. But he's not.

What about Kamineko from Azumanga Daioh? How much more dastardly can you get than to gang up with a bunch of fellow kitties to claw and bite defenseless schoolgirls? Mwahahah!
Old 25-09-2005, 06:40 PM   #6   [permalink]
Darklightz
Forum Elite

Nakago from Fushigi Yuugi and Akito from Fruits Basket.Both these men have reached an inhuman level of cruelty that has guaranteed their place of honor in Hell.

Also the most of the people in Elfen Lied are pretty twisted.
Old 26-09-2005, 12:04 AM   #7   [permalink]
Squall Leonhart
Forum Addicted

Originally Posted by dheu
But he's not actually a villain per se. He's just trying to make it back home. Of course, the humans that see this huge destructive force coming down think he's evil. But he's not.

quite true, god its good to see someone who was even HEARD of this series let alone seen it.

ANYWAY, no he isnt really a villian, and I wasnt really implying that, but as far as destruction wise though, he pretty much beats sephiroth (sending a chunk of himself so big, black holes even get screwed over)

And no, my pic would not be Tidus, what would make you think that?
"we are not a collective, what would make you suggest such a thing?"
Old 26-09-2005, 08:14 AM   #8   [permalink]
dheu
Forum Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to dheu
Yeah, I understand. But I'd think that a true villain must not only have the power but the desire to inflict that power on others through evil means. So that's why I was thinking that Yuri Leonov doesn't really meet the standard. He needs to try harder.
Old 27-09-2005, 12:39 AM   #9   [permalink]
Squall Leonhart
Forum Addicted

I dont care what you think, sending anything that can screw us that badly as that thing in the last episode of Argent Soma IS TRYING

you know your a badass when even black holes get screwed over in your wake.
Old 27-09-2005, 12:50 AM   #10   [permalink]
Robotech Master
Forum Addicted

In terms of pure power, I'd have to mention Z from Tenchi Muyo OVA 3. For starters, the guy has 5 Light Hawk Wings, so you already know the guy is god damn powerful.

Secondly, even without the Light Hawk Wings he has planet leveling power. He destroyed the Earth and killed pretty much all of humanity just because he got tired of seeing how "nice" Tenchi's life is. He blew up the moon just so he could hurl its chunks at Tenchi as a test of his powers.

He cut poor Ryo-ohki in half. Now that's evil right there!

Robotech Master
Robotech Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2005, 01:33 AM   #11   [permalink]
WierdIsraeli
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to WierdIsraeli Send a message via AIM to WierdIsraeli
Originally Posted by Wolfpac
I would have to say Freeza from Dragonball Z. Also Shishio from Rurouni Kenshin would be another tough boss. I would name more but I'm only allowed two.
I agree on the Shishio part, the guy is a total sociopath, now, that's evil.
Talking about another sociopath, Goulen from Full metal panic, now, that guy is evil.
Quote:
"Work best under the pressure of impending death."
WierdIsraeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2005, 10:34 AM   #12   [permalink]
BrikHaus81
Executive Member

Send a message via AIM to BrikHaus81
Originally Posted by Kusunagi
Sephiroth is consider the bad boy in the video game industry. In your opinion who would his anime counterpart be?
If you want just similarities in looks, then Vicious from Cowboy Bebop. Of course, he was a badboy too, just maybe not on as grand a scale.
Old 15-12-2005, 12:28 PM   #13   [permalink]
Hiigaran
Forum Master

Legato Bluesummers/Knives tag team for the win.

Legato forces Vash to violate his most basic moral directive in order to save innocents. Unflinchingly, ordered to crush Vash's spirit by Knives, he gives Vash the option: Kill him in cold blood or watch as he manipulates a group of innocent people into killing his only friends. He is the character that makes Trigun worth watching.
Old 15-12-2005, 01:49 PM   #14   [permalink]
Guildenstern
Forum Addicted

Sarevok from the Baldur's Gate series was pretty darn evil, he wanted to kill his many half-siblings to consolidate the power of the dead god of murder Bhaal and he corrupted the iron mines and disrupted trade in hopes of starting a war to ravage the Sword Coast so he could become the new god of murder.

Luc in Suikoden 3 started a destructive war between three nations that resulted in the destruction of Iksay village, the massacre of the Karaya clan, the capture of the Safir clan, and the deaths of many thousands of people just so he could steal the True Elemental runes to use in a ritual to free himself from the True Rune of Air. The ritual itself had the possibility of destroying the entire continent and millions of people with it.
Old 15-12-2005, 01:50 PM   #15   [permalink]
SamIam
Forum Master

hmmm ... how about the cosmic "antibodies" in Gunnbuster?
While it is debatable if they are evil ... their actions when taken into human perspective can be argued as such ... yet ironically, their power was so great and scope of destruction so large that the humanocentric concept of good and evil may just not apply properly in the sense of a "force of nature"

Sam

Last edited by SamIam; 15-12-2005 at 01:58 PM.
SamIam is offline   Reply With Quote