Old 28-01-2006, 03:12 PM   #16   [permalink]
Takahashi
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to Takahashi
Who do you think saber identity is? There aren't that many famouse warrior female, I could think of 2(xena doesn't count cause that is a lot of bull), there is Fa muk Lan but she is chinese and saber is definately european, so my guess is Jean d'Arc.
Takahashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2006, 05:14 AM   #17   [permalink]
oppa
Forum Junkie

I do see several similarities between Saber and Jean d'Arc. Of course, my knowledge of historical female knights is rather limited, so I may be making alot of ties between those to due to that fact.

Anyway, the beginning of ep 4 was tight. It slowed down a bit after the fight, but I suppose the anime has to start developing the characters eventually. Once the MC stops being so indecisive (if ever), I look forward to future encounters with other masters.
Old 29-01-2006, 07:03 AM   #18   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to ACE2001 Send a message via Yahoo to ACE2001
Just got my hands on episode 4. Again, lots of action and blood. Man, I was about tired of Emiya calling Saber's name, but he stepped up to the plate and defended his servant. I never imagined that the Berserker would turn out to be "Hercules"! Damn....Illya seems not to have any reservations about killing, so I wonder how the other masters will tend to deal with her and her servant's crazy strength.

Looking at Emiya situation, he's definately going to through alot of pain. His relationship between, Saber, Rin, and Sakura will definately be damaged in the upcoming episodes, especially if Sakura is a master, which I believe she is. I think her servant was the one whom was watching over the battle between Berserker and Saber, but I could be wrong. Also Emiya is trying not to kill or harm any innocents, but he will have to do so in order to get the Holy Grail, which in thus requires him to fight Rin. He's really in a crappy situation.

As for Saber's identity, I definately think she's the Joan of Arc just by looking at the type of clothes and armor she wears. And the fact that she appears to have somewhat of a manly undertone (but I like her voice though). All these things made Joan of Arc very infamous. Another fact that I found interesting was that Joan of Arc was a possible lesbian whom had intercourse with little girls.......in any case Saber's identity was pretty obvious.
ACE2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2006, 02:42 PM   #19   [permalink]
Darklightz
Forum Elite

Rin is my favorite character so far.Pleasant and pretty on the outside,but cold and calculating on the inside.I"m still trying to figure why she's helping out Emyia.They haven't really known each other and she knows she'll have to face him sooner or later.My guess is she's using him as a meat shield for any other Master that passes by (like that girl with Berserker).But I guess they won't let one of the main character be so cruel.
Old 30-01-2006, 03:44 PM   #20   [permalink]
oppa
Forum Junkie

Idk, I presumed she was just flabbergasted by his ignorance in all things related to magic, and especially on how someone like Emiya could possibly become a Master. This incredible phenomenon had made her so curious that she just had to get involved.

Then again, maybe she doesn't want him to be an easy victory for anyone else but her, hehe.
Old 01-02-2006, 04:38 PM   #21   [permalink]
Takahashi
Forum Master

My guess is, every popular little girl in this anime is somehow infatuated with this no name loser for no apparent reason, this so reeks of another harem anime. It was said in the second episodes that it was against the rule to let anyone live after they witnessed the battle, that was even before saber came into play.
Old 04-02-2006, 11:33 PM   #22   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Watched episode 5....this was suprisingly a funny episode. I loved how comedy and tension between Emiya and Rin at school was worked in together. Another thing I found interesting is how quick Rin changed her mind about Emiya. One minute she saves his life, the next minute she's ready to kill Emiya on sight. Just what exactly is her deal? I'm pretty sure that they will have to fight "for real" eventually, but why now out of all times? Poor Emiya, he's clueless about the Holy Grail War, so he's just treating everything like a walk in part. I like that about him. He's doing it his own way and is trying to think things through. Almost forgot to mention, the Kendo sparring between Saber and Tiger-san was funny!! Watching Saber completely own Tiger-san along with Tiger-san's reactions was hilarious. With each episode I'm starting to like Saber even more. I'm most definately looking forward to see her fight again.

Last thing, it seems like Shinji is a magician with a servant...a female one. The one that was up in the trees...I believe her name is Rider but I'm not sure. I can't wait to see her in action. Damn, the only thing I'm not liking right now is that I have to wait another week for the next episode.....

I wonder after the anime is over is will they animate the sequel Fate/hollow ataraxia?

Last edited by ACE2001; 06-02-2006 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Simple misspelling
Old 06-02-2006, 03:06 PM   #23   [permalink]
Takahashi
Forum Master

It would be funny to see her kill him and then revive him and kills him again
Old 06-02-2006, 06:40 PM   #24   [permalink]
Darklightz
Forum Elite

I think Rin wasn't serious,I believe she's just forcing Emiya to make a good defense plan to be better prepared when another Master attacks him.
Old 06-02-2006, 08:38 PM   #25   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Well, it doesn't seem like it. When Archer was talking to Rin on the rooftop about Emiya, she didn't waver at all. She had the killer intent to do harm towards Emiya. There's a possibility that she's "testing" him. But from the looks of the battle, she seem pretty intense and annoyed at the fact that Emiya is acting all lackidasical about the situation at hand. So, since he's at his weakest point right now, now would be the best time for her to kill him. But she probably won't have time because Rider looks like she's going to intervene between Rin and Emiya.
Old 07-02-2006, 02:06 PM   #26   [permalink]
oppa
Forum Junkie

Rin isn't a cold-blooded killer like some of the other masters, and that's probably why she isn't taking Emiya seriously. Plus, it seems she has a conscience and to some degree, morals. Because Emiya is such a puss right now, she's not overdoing it to waste him. I'm sure her conceitedness is a factor as well, since she knows she outpowers him by a large margin, and feels she doesn't have to pull out all the stops to take him out.

And as it was mentioned in this ep (5), she can take him out whenever she wants so it's not a big deal for her. Her attack at the school was sparked because Emiya is such a moron (for not bringing his servant) and this annoyance made her want to take him out. If she truly wanted to kill him in a real fight, I doubt they would've made it comical like it was in this ep.
Old 07-02-2006, 02:35 PM   #27   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Yeah, but towards the end, it seemed like she was indeed getting serious with Emiya. But it makes me wonder, if those two were only ones happened to be left standing in the "Holy Grail War" would she hesitate to take his life? I think not.This situation kind of reminds me of Dragonball Z back when Piccolo was training Gohan to life or death situations. I want to believe that she's not a cold blooded killer, but her looks and actions have said otherwise....I think she'll stab him in the back big time when time is right.
Old 07-02-2006, 04:39 PM   #28   [permalink]
oppa
Forum Junkie

Quite possible, yes, but it's been stated that one doesn't have to kill a master in order for the servant to be dismissed. Judging by Rin's actions and comments, it seems one could paralyze or severely weaken a master to have a similiar effect (the whole poison thing she was trying to do). Anyway, I just don't get any sense of "hardcore killer" out of her yet, but of course, it's much too early to judge any of these chars.... except that Emiya is an ignorant puss. BUT, he's smart. Due to that, he's not a loser.

Ok, enough Emiya bashing, this wasn't the point of my post anyway.

I just found out that two of my fave seiyuus are in this anime. That makes me giggle with joy.

Saber is played by Kawasumi Ayako and Rider is played by Asakawa Yuu. If Yukino Satsuki was in this anime too, I'd be in seiyuu heaven.
Old 11-02-2006, 09:24 PM   #29   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Watched episode six and I loved every minute of it. Especially when Rider was in the picture! Mmm, so sexy! Rin on the other hand, I find her to be a very shaky person. First she saves Emiya's life, then she wants to kill him, then she tries to kill him again, then finally she saves him from Rider, but wait, wait, she still wants to kill him?! What really gives here. I mean this girl's thinking is crazy. It looks like she's following the saying "keep your friends close, but your enemies even closer." I guess she realizes that she could kill him anytime she chose, but right now he will be a valuable asset in figuring out how to get rid of the force field at the school. Oh, and it was no suprise that Shinji was a master, but I was more suprised that Rider is his servant.

Poor Emiya. He's trying so hard to do the right things, trying to save the world, but as Archer mentioned, this could prove to be very, very, difficult as people don't share the same sentiments as he does. It's kind of sad but interesting. Not to mention the fact that everyone seems to be gunning for him right now since he's the weakest. But I like his attitude towards this situation and rooting for him to solve this huge problem the best way he can.

With that said, again I can't wait long enough for next week's episode!
Old 12-02-2006, 01:53 PM   #30   [permalink]
oppa
Forum Junkie

Rin is just a HS girl with no social skills since all she dreamt about and yearned for was to become a master. Emiya, being the kind of person he is, and also being the MC in a bishoujo game (um, that encompasses alot of things so it's easier to say it that way heh) affects Rin in ways she's not accustomed to, and that causes alot of swaying emotions for her.

Anyway, I hate Emiya. The interesting story and high animation value of this anime is ruined by Emiya's ignorance and idiocy. I expected him to be indecisive but dammit, he doesn't have to be stupid too. Pay close attention to Emiya and Archer's conversation at the end of ep 6. All of Emiya's responses are juvenile, hostile one's or baseless, ignorant one's. And of course, he has to end with "what are you trying to say?" My head was on the verge of popping during that conversation.

If there weren't such interesting servants and fluid action scenes, I would've given up on this by now.

Well, it is interesting to see the two aformentioned seiyuus in roles that are different from their normal one's. I just hope Emiya wakes up to reality soon.

EDIT: Oh, and Rider looks just as pimp as I thought she did from the previews. It's a shame her master is so friggin' evil though. I think a servant like her needs someone that's more of a renegade type, not a hardcore evil type... but then again, my statements are premature. It's just that the master/servant combos so far matched up nicely or contrasted well.

Emiya/Saber - wussy pacifist/"holy" knight
Rin/Archer - serious and arrogant/laid back
Ilya/Berserker - small, innocent-looking, probably crazy child/hulking and crazy-looking

But, once again, my statements may be premature. Guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Last edited by oppa; 12-02-2006 at 02:06 PM.
oppa is offline   Reply With Quote