Old 01-03-2006, 09:09 PM   #46   [permalink]
spazmaster666

Even though I shouldn't be I am still surprised that Shirou is so oblivious to the fact that Sakura obviously likes him. Yeah he's just the typical anime guy but still . . .

Oh and Shirou and Saber are SOOO gonna do the you know what in order to restore mana.
- John 6:63
spazmaster666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 02:22 PM   #47   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to ACE2001 Send a message via Yahoo to ACE2001
Just finished episode 9. This episode, IMO, is the best episode out of the series so far. Watching Assassin and Saber fight was pretty awsome. Assassin is surely one scary guy to be able to deduce Saber's sword movements like that. Even when Saber was about to unleash her "true power", which was pretty impressive, he didn't even flinch at all! Too bad the fight was interrupted though. It was a good thing as Saber was going to get destroyed if the fight continued.

However the real meat of the episode was towards the end when Saber and Emiya started arguing. Emiya is one stubborn guy. He hasn't (and won't) back down from what he believes is right which is shouldering all the burden himself. He clearly values other peoples lives over his own, which I find a little admirable. Saber did lay down a reality check to him, but he stuck with his guns, which I wasn't surprised at all. Saber then finally backed down and decided that she's going to train Emiya in the art of swordsmanship. I see her plan though. If Emiya doesn't want me (Saber) to fight, then at least he must be able to put up a good fight. It's going to be interesting to see just how determined Emiya is in doing all the fighting, which I think is impossible right now. Especially after watching Assassin fight.

Next episode looks as if there's going to be a mini break from the fighting as the title of it is "Peaceful Interlude".

Side Note: Is it me or is Rider getting even sexier everytime she appears? I mean she was looking mighty fine this episode. More fine than usual!! Also, I wonder whom is that Master that Rider was fighting with....
ACE2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 02:22 PM   #48   [permalink]
spazmaster666

Rider is such a fanservice character . . .

Yeah the swordfight, though short, was pretty good. I'm still wondering if they're gonna stick with one storyline or try and merge the different storylines together . . .
- John 6:63
spazmaster666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 08:15 AM   #49   [permalink]
Takahashi
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to Takahashi
I can't see any reason to train emiya at all, whats he going to do against peerless heroes of the past especially when they get serious on him, right now they are just toying with him. He could train for another 10 years and still would be no match for their natural talents in fighting, with that said I don't even think he will ever get near a hero level.

Is it me or do most of the heroes not use the weapons they are supposed to be using, except for lancer, Herakles and Saber. Archer is using twin scimitars instead of a bow, Assasin using an extreme long samurai longsword instead of a short sword known for ninja closed combat abilities and riders don't even know what class that is but she is using ninja weapons knifes and chain(I'm guessing rider refers to cavalry which uses the spears or longsword).
Takahashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 11:11 AM   #50   [permalink]
Darklightz
Forum Elite

I definitely look forward to Assassin and Saber's next fight.

By the way I just had a thought.If Servants are reincarnations of legendary heroes,wich legendary mage will Caster be?Merlin would be weird,I don't see a wise old man as a Servant.

Anyway back to the story,Emiya is still as stupid as he ever was.There Saber is fighting to further their cause and Emiya has nothing better to do than stop her.I think he's the reason Saber can't unleash her full power.It seems a Servant's actions are reflections of their Master's personnality.
Old 08-03-2006, 04:09 PM   #51   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Well, in Emiya's defense, he's trying to treat Saber as just a "normal" girl and not a servant. Usually, the man does all the fighting to protect his women. It's like you and your girlfriend go out and party at a club and some butthole comes and tries take away your woman or whatever, of course the man is going to take up for his woman because woman aren't supposed to do all the fighting, that is what we men are for!! I don't fault him for his think though as he's doing what he thinks is best which is trying to protect Saber.

Also, I think that him training with Saber would be a good idea since Saber is supposedly the strongest servant. What better way to get training than by fighting the best servant. Also she could possibly bring out his power and thus teach him properly so that she may not have to fight. This I'm definately interested in seeing how he handles himself with the training.

We'll have to probably wait another week to see how the training goes as this week's episode is declaring peace.
Old 11-03-2006, 03:17 PM   #52   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Just finished episode 10. I think this episode was the slowest moving episode so far. Most of the episode consisted of Emiya training. It was no surprise to watch him get beaten by Saber pretty badly. Didn't even land one hit on her whatsoever. However, Saber was impressed by his zeal, so I say that he's make a little progress. Towards the end of the episode Rin teaches him how to turn off and on his magic circuit, but neverthless he wasn't doing too good with that.

Backtracking to the middle of the episode Ilya and Emiya bump into each other and end up talking about well....meaningless things. It was weird watching Ilya as she look like such an adoring girl. It does make make me wonder why she got Berserker as a servant as the servant really doesn't fit her personality at all or I could be misreading things.

Now back towards the end, two of the funniest things happened all happened in this episode: Emiya walking in on Saber naked!! Hearing Saber saying, Before I'm a woman, I'm servant was funny as hell! She was just "out there."
But the funniest to me was when Archer and Emiya was talking and Archer end up leaving him with these words: "Something must be wrong with me. I'm giving advice to someone I must kill." I'm like damn!! Although Archer's words are pretty harsh, he's speaking the truth right now.

Next episode it looks like the war is back on as we have Saber and Rider dueling it out. Man, I can't wait to see Rider again!!
Old 11-03-2006, 03:22 PM   #53   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

I just saw something, although I may be jumping the gun here. I was looking at an avatar on animenation and saw Caster without her head gear.....is Sakura actually Caster? I haven't played nor know any information about the sequel to Fate/Stay Night but I was just curious as Sakura seems to be a master anyways.
Old 11-03-2006, 06:56 PM   #54   [permalink]
Darklightz
Forum Elite

Well,now that Emiya's living with 2 girls,with 2 more girls visiting frequently,by Murphy's laws of anime he had to walk in one of them naked,it was a matter of time XD

It's interesting to see as we learn more about the other Masters that Emiya isn't at such a disadvantage after all.Shinji already said he doesn't know much about the Holy Grail War himself and from his attempt at teaming up with both Emiya and Rin it seems like he doesn't have much confidence in himself.And now we hear that Ilya doesn't know any magic at all.So they both rely heavily on their Servants.If Emiya would get it through his thick skull to let Saber fight,he would actually have an edge on those two.

Assassin's Master however is another story.She could summon other monsters and seemed like an accomplished magician.She'll be a tough opponent to beat
Old 18-03-2006, 05:04 PM   #55   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Just finshed episode 11. This was, to me, the best episode out of the series so far. Alot of emotions were put into this episode. Watching Emiya open a can of whoop-ass on Shinji was awsome!! I thought he really was going to kill Shinji if he didn't disable the force field. Also, the fight between Saber and Rider was good. Rider was looking good as usual. I liked Rider's spell Noble Phantasm. It was definately a pretty nasty one

The real meat of the episode was how Saber and Emiya were finally able to come together as master and servant. Emiya was finally able to back down and acknowledge that Saber wants to fight, but he still wants to fight along side her, but not in a supporting role. I'm glad that Emiya was able to put a least some of his stubborness aside. Another thing is that I think that Saber is finally opening up (to her woman hood). Question is though, just how much longer will Saber deny it?

Well, episode 12 looks to continue the battle between Rider and Saber. It's pretty clear that Saber is the more powerful of the two, so I'd expect Saber to finish Rider off, but not without Rider going down without a fight....
Old 18-03-2006, 08:20 PM   #56   [permalink]
Takahashi
Forum Master

Wish he would just trace shinji and get it over with.
Old 20-03-2006, 07:53 AM   #57   [permalink]
Darklightz
Forum Elite

Very nice episode,especially Saber's last comment in the end.We may just get a little romance in there after all.

But it's great that finally Emiya acknowledged he can't fight alone,and he's even got stronger,he might not be a lost case after all.Shinji on the other hand is a complete coward who can only hide behind strong people.I got surprised though when Emiya caught Shinji by the throat and just when you think he's gonna ask for him to lift save the people in the school,he instead demands Shinji surrenders his command spells.Things will be getting more interesting now.Rin may just regret training Emiya so well

Last edited by Darklightz; 20-03-2006 at 02:17 PM.
Darklightz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2006, 03:28 PM   #58   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Wow! Just finished episode 12. Saber and Rider didn't hold back in this episode. Rider actually surprised me as I thought this fight was going to be a quick and easy win for Saber. For the first part of the fight, Rider definately had the advantage as she could attack from the air and Saber's attacks couldn't reach as she was more in a defensive mode. Towards the end, that's when Rider and Saber used their best moves with Rider using the Noble Phantasm and Saber using the.....EXCALIBUR!? Her sword was golden too. When Saber let loose the EXCALIBUR, I knew that was a wrap for Rider! Shinji, as usual, was whining like a little baby when his poor command spells were burnt up. I'm kind of glad this over as I was getting sick and tired of Shinji, but I'm not too happy about seeing Rider go as I'm going to miss her sexyness.... Actually, I saw that Ilya and Berserker were there. Do they plan to kill Shinji now that he's without a servant or they're just mere observants?

Another thing I wondering is the possibility that Sakura may be a part of the Holy Grail War. I'm pretty sure she is, but there's been no real evidence that she's actually in it.

Next episode moves on to Ilya as she looks to be threatening or pressuring Emiya. I wonder if Saber's Excalibur would be strong enough to defeat Berserker since he's "Hercules." I'm definately looking forward to the rematch between the two.
Old 25-03-2006, 10:04 PM   #59   [permalink]
Takahashi
Forum Master

If the sword is indeed excalibur then there is only two possibility, either Morgana Lefay Arthur half sister or Guinevere, two highly improbable people to wield a sword. Morgana being a witch and Guinevere is dishonourable woman who cannot fight.
Old 26-03-2006, 07:04 AM   #60   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Just looked up some information. Indeed, Saber is wielding the Excalibur, but how? The sword was used originally by King Arthur, so I'm trying to figure that out. Saber is a "hero" and there weren't many people whom were able to wield the sword...unless Saber was King Arthur's servant and the sword was passed down to her to use?