Old 26-03-2006, 02:25 PM   #61   [permalink]
snowcherry
Forum Elite

Send a message via AIM to snowcherry
SPOILERS SPOILERS BIG FREAKING SPOILERS DON'T READ UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE SPOILED

(Intended for the curious who don't care about speculating on the mystery, because I sure as hell didn't while playing the game.)

Spoiler:
Saber is Arthur. In the context of Fate/Stay Night, the legend of Arthur was incorrectly passed down. Her real name was Arthuria. Yes, it's as silly as it sounds. Yes, it is also awesome.

On a different note, I think Rider might have the best character design I've ever seen. Even her movements are so distinctive and stylish. <3

Last edited by snowcherry; 26-03-2006 at 02:27 PM.
snowcherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2006, 03:08 PM   #62   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to ACE2001 Send a message via Yahoo to ACE2001
Damn it!!! I want to click on that spoiler, but for my sake and sanity I won't. I think the mystery what's drawing me to this anime the most. I know I said this in an early post of mine, but I was wondering if you guys think that the sequel to Fate/Stay Night will be animated?
ACE2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2006, 05:44 PM   #63   [permalink]
Takahashi
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to Takahashi
Originally Posted by snowcherry
SPOILERS SPOILERS BIG FREAKING SPOILERS DON'T READ UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE SPOILED

(Intended for the curious who don't care about speculating on the mystery, because I sure as hell didn't while playing the game.)

Spoiler:
Saber is Arthur. In the context of Fate/Stay Night, the legend of Arthur was incorrectly passed down. Her real name was Arthuria. Yes, it's as silly as it sounds. Yes, it is also awesome.

On a different note, I think Rider might have the best character design I've ever seen. Even her movements are so distinctive and stylish. <3
That is so silly, that it just make absolutely no sense anymore
Wish Arthur would come back to life and slit the author throat for that one, blasphemy I tell you. Its like saying oliver twist is a rich little brat who bullied the poor orphans.
Takahashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2006, 05:51 PM   #64   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Yeah, now I'm definately glad that I haven't read the spoiler!!
Old 27-03-2006, 04:46 PM   #65   [permalink]
Darklightz
Forum Elite

My best guess would be that Saber was a knight serving under King Arthur.I realise there are no records of a female knight serving under Arthur,but then again the only Servant that actually fits in our mythology so far is Heracles.

Heh,I'm glad Rider finally showed her mount.She looked a bit silly being called Rider when she had nothing to ride.

Now what will Ilya do?Saber is down for a while and her attack most likely alerted every Masters for miles around,including Rin (I want more Rin action!).It would be one of the most evil act ever to have Ilya attack Emiya,especially after pulling that innocent little girl act on him a few episodes back

Last edited by Darklightz; 28-03-2006 at 07:02 PM.
Darklightz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2006, 05:00 PM   #66   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Well, if Ilya were to try and attack Emiya, he wouldn't be totally defensless as he still has an alliance with Rin, so that helps out a bit, and lately he's been able to handle his own. He stood toe to toe against Rider for a little bit. But, I don't think Ilya would be the type to kick a person while they're down as she had the chance to kill Emiya when they first met, but she opted not too. Then again, she may have a change of heart and go for the kill. But, since her servant is Berserker (Hercules) I think that he would want to fight Saber one on one again to see whom is truly stronger. We'll just have to wait and see.
Old 02-04-2006, 12:45 AM   #67   [permalink]
Darklightz
Forum Elite

Episode 13 spoilers
Spoiler:
Well it turns out Saber really is Arthur after all.It's a bit twisted though,if her real name is Arturia,why start calling her Arthur?

But the interesting part is that Ilya is finally doing a serious attack.And she lied to Emiya after all,she seems like a pretty good magician.And with Saber and Emiya in no condition to fight we'll finally see some Rin/Archer action
Old 02-04-2006, 03:50 AM   #68   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Episode 13 was a bit of a suprise for me too. I was surprised to find out that Saber was indeed Arthur, "King of Britain"!? Well, I guess it makes since she wielded the Excalibur sword.

I really felt bad for Emiya this episode as it seems like all the Masters were "toying" with him. I recognized that fact when Ilya approached Emiya and easily subdued him. He's definately going to have to get act together fast and soon, especially since he hasn't found a way to replenish Saber's mana. I think the sword that Emiya saw in his dream maybe the key as it was hidden away in the forest or was he trying to re-create the Excalibur sword? In any case Emiya is definately at a pure disadvantage right now, he literally has two enemies coming at him (I count Rin because it seems she could turn at any moment, although she's helping Saber.) The real question now is, how does Emiya plan to get Saber some mana?

Yep, I'm definately looking forward to the next episode as we get a chance at watching Berserker fight Archer and Saber. Although I'm afraid it won't be much of a fight as Berserker completely overwhelms Saber and Archer in terms of strength. Well, I could be surprised.

P.S. I'm glad that Ilya killed Shinji. He was getting on my nerves!!
Old 02-04-2006, 06:11 AM   #69   [permalink]
Takahashi
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to Takahashi
They went and did the unspeakable, just because this is a hentai dating game does not mean they had to make saber/arthur in a girl, but then again they couldn't get him to date saber if she was a guy
Takahashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 08:40 PM   #70   [permalink]
Ado
Forum Junkie

Send a message via MSN to Ado
Ilya is too cute to be evil As to the mana-less Saber...
Spoiler:
I hope they leave out the sex

Edit:
Spoiler:
I hope they don't kill off Archer in the next ep.

Last edited by Ado; 05-04-2006 at 03:29 PM.
Ado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 04:27 PM   #71   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Just finished episode 14......All I have to say is that Archer is the Sh!T!!! Damn, it certainly was a shame to watch him die like that. But if hell he didn't put up one hell of a fight!! I was rooting for Archer to whip Berserker's A$$ the whole time!! This fight was definately the best fight between servants by far. I thought Archer had defeated Berserker on several occasions, especially when he started saying things in English (Which was cool as....I really want to curse here! ) Hell, he even used *gasp* a bow and arrow!! But in the end, Berserker was just too damn strong!! Cock damn strong I tell you!! After taking a severe beating from Archer, he still looks good as new?! It was truly ridiculous having all his wounds heal like that, but Archer served his purpose beautifully. I nearly shed some tears at the end. Man, Archer may have talked alot of sh!t, but he definately backed it up big time this episode. Also, he even gave some encouraging words to Emiya before the fight with Berserker which was unexpected. Archer truly went out with a blaze of glory. Just simply awsome!

Which brings us to this situation: Will Emiya, Rin, and Saber be able to withstand Berserker's attacks? All signs are definately point to no as Rin is without a servant, Saber is still hurting, and Emiya....you get the idea. It's going to take one hell of a miracle for them to get out of this alive. The only way I see this ending is if Saber were able to use the Excalibur again, but doing so would definately put Saber out of commission. Also, there's the other servant Assassin still out there, so whom knows what will happen. Boy, I must say that things are getting interesting real quick.

P.S. I wonder what is Sakura doing? Does she know that Ilya killed her brother? Is she a servant? It seems like she may have a huge role later on in the series.
Old 11-04-2006, 04:10 AM   #72   [permalink]
froop

Archer did kill Berserker five or six times during the fight, Illya says so herself at one point.

Spoiler:
Problem is Berserker's Noble Phantasm is he is immortal and has to be killed 12 times to die.
froop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 08:46 AM   #73   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

That makes sense...but really, what are the odds of Berserker getting beat 12 times? Considering the fact that Saber can only use her Noble Phantasam probably one more time, unless Emiya happens to find away to help Saber, then it's pretty much a wrap. Considering the fact that Berserker has just immense strength, with some surprising agility to boot, I think it may take two servants a full strength to take him down. We'll see what Saber can do once she comes back full strength.
Old 11-04-2006, 08:57 AM   #74   [permalink]
froop

According to the game Shiro and Saber get it on to replenish her mana. I have no idea how they are going to deal with that in the anime though.

Berserker does die though, I won't say how though as that would be telling
froop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 09:06 AM   #75   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Yeah, pleaaseeeee don't!!! It does seem like the obvious choice as Saber does need her mana replenished. The question I have though is even if her mana is replenished, will it be enough? We all know what happened the first time they squared off. Unless Saber can pull off Excalibur 7 more times (or does Berserker have to die 12 times in a row?) then Saber doesn't stand too much of a chance. I imagine it's going to take a combined effort of Rin, Emiya, and a healthy Saber to pull this one off. I would've counted Assassin, but I don't think he would be the type to help or let alone his master for that matter.