Old 30-04-2006, 07:05 AM   #91   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to ACE2001 Send a message via Yahoo to ACE2001
I agree that this is episode was the most interesting yet. Especially about Caster since she's able to control her own servant (Assassin) but she's also a servant herself. Plus she killed her original Master. Hmm....as for Sakura, I've always been wondering if she was a Master, but it's starting to look like that things are coming to light.

The battle ahead will be very interesting, especially since now Saber's secret weapon has been sealed by Caster. Her Noble Phantasam "Rule Breaker" is definately an inconvienience for everyone. I can't wait to see how things are handled from this point onward.

P.S. I'm glad to see that Tiger-san was back!! Also I forgot to mention, I wonder what will Ilya do...she's still a dangerous threat.
ACE2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 12:10 PM   #92   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Watched episode 18.....I was a little confused after watching it though. Were Sakura and Rin from the same family of magicians? Are they sisters? At the end, it seems that Rin killed Sakura?! But still, Caster only needs one magician for the Holy Grail which leaves Rin as the perfect choice.....I wonder if she will die next episode?

Other than that, this episode consisted of pure action. The battle between Saber and Asassin was spectacular. Matching each other strike for strike. I especially surprised by Emiya as he's been stepping up big time as of late. He's starting to become a likeable person now.

Well, the next episode looks to be interesting as it's titled "The Golden King". Just whom or what is the Golden King? Also, whom is Lancer's master now that Sakura is out of the running.....I may have to watch this episode again.

P.S. I liked the dominatrix wear that Sakura had on!!

Last edited by ACE2001; 07-05-2006 at 12:20 PM.
Old 14-05-2006, 07:48 AM   #93   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Well, it looks like it's up to me to keep this thread going!

I've just finished episode 19, which was a very good episode. Caster and Assassin both met their ends with Saber subduing Assassin and "The Golden King" taking care of Caster. From the looks of it, this Golden King is very powerful, even more so than Saber. They fought ten years ago with Saber being the loser of the battle. Interestingly enough it was Emiya's dad whom was Saber's master at the time. He had all but the Holy Grail War locked up, but that's when he decided he wanted to destroy the Holy Grail by using his last command spell to have Saber to destroy it. Why would he want it destroyed though? That doesn't make too much sense to me.

Oh, I thought that Sakura died last episode, but she's okay, so I'm relieved. Well, with Caster and Assassin out of the way, that leaves only Lancer and "The Golden King" for the final battle. The question is though, since the Holy Grail was destroyed, how will it appear again? Things are definately shaping up here. Next week, it looks like that Emiya and Saber are going out on a date!!! A little relaxation before the final battle. I can't wait.
Old 21-05-2006, 04:35 AM   #94   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

.....Well, the show must go on! Watched episode twenty, which was very cute. No action going on, just Emiya and Saber going out on a "date." Towards the end of the episode, they run into the "Golden King." This episode flew by real fast to me, but that didn't matter too much as I enjoyed watching Saber and Emiya discuss their feelings about this Holy Grail mess. They looked like a couple holding hands together!!

What's got me worried is the next episode. It looks like Saber and Emiya are going to get the living hell beaten out of them!! A completely bloody Saber, followed by Emiya?! I definately can't wait for next week's episode.
Old 21-05-2006, 12:24 PM   #95   [permalink]
Darklightz
Forum Elite

I think what Emiya said was very selfish.He's basically asking her to give up all she is and all she stands for just to stay with him and be his girlfriend.He's even asking her to stop fighting in the Holy Grail War.I can't believe he actualy said all that.He had no consideration for Saber at all at that moment

Oh well,next episode will be fun,we finally get to see Saber VS Golden Archer
Old 21-05-2006, 01:32 PM   #96   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Really.....I think he's been considerate of Saber's feelings from day one. He just wants to treat her as a woman, not some tool just for war. I don't see anything wrong with what he said. You can't change the past, you can only live in the present. If it weren't for Emiya's selfishness, she would've been defeated long ago. I think it's great that he's trying to open her up and show her that she's more than just a "Servant". He's treating her like a lady. That's my opinion anyways.
Old 27-05-2006, 03:55 PM   #97   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

OMG....simply amazing...I just finished episode 21. I don't even know where to begin. For the first half of the episode, I watched Saber and Emiya get completely A$$ raped by Gilgamesh ("The King of Heroes" by the way). But man I tell you, that Emiya can sure take one HELL OF BEATING. There was no quit in him, which made watching him take Gilgamesh on like that all the more satisfying. I really thought that they had a 0% chance of beating Gilgamesh since he has pratically almost all the Noble Phantasms..

But Emiya showed his determination and grit. Knowing that he loved and didn't want to lose Saber, he mangaged to do the impossible......he ended up creating the lost scabbard (the significance here is that injuries from losses of blood for example would not kill the bearer. In some tellings, wounds received by one wearing the scabbard did not bleed at all.) So, with him creating the Scabbard, the playing field is now leveled.

The real surprise of this episode came at the end when we found out whom Lancer's master is....KOTOMINE?! This bastard has done a good job of laying low. I mean he's been overlooked by pratically everyone?! He ended up getting the jump on Emiya when Emiya went to the church....

Well with that said, this episode was definately one, if not, my favorite episode of this series. Say what you want about Emiya's selfishness, but god damn, if it wasn't for that him and Saber would both be dead by now. Especially when Gilgamesh had completely overwhelmed them. I'm thinking to myself, how can you not root for a guy like that? A man whom defends his woman through thick and thin without hesitation? A man whom gives his ALL to protect the things that are precious to him even if it costs him his life? A man whom would not kneel or go down quietly without putting up a fight?
Emiya has been stepping up BIG TIME lately and I'm glad to see that he's not a pushover anymore.

Whew!! Definately can't wait for the next episode!

P.S. Just found out some interesting information about Gilgamesh. His mother was Ninsun, whom was a goddess so would that make him somewhat half a god or something?

Last edited by ACE2001; 27-05-2006 at 04:07 PM.
Old 27-05-2006, 04:25 PM   #98   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

I was just thinking of something.....everyone here seems quick to call Emiya selfish (which is true in some cases) but isn't Saber being the most selfish of all? Emiya is out there risking his life for her yet she really doesn't think too much of it. To me, she is taking Emiya's actions for granted. He's not only doing things for himself, but he's doing for her, the woman whom he loves (which I find real romantic by the way.) After all the punishment he has gone through for her, she STILL is content with trying to fix the past. I mean, what more must he do to prove that he has her best interest at heart? That is really confusing to me. Most woman would kill to have a guy like that, but yet she wants no part of it. Her concern lies with the Holy Grail. I understand her pain a little, but she needs to realize that she can't fix the past. She needs to get past her own selfishness.
Old 27-05-2006, 07:40 PM   #99   [permalink]
Ado
Forum Junkie

Send a message via MSN to Ado
The holy grail is supposed to grant any one wish and, with it, she can fix the past. At least that is her motivation. It isn't Saber's fault Shirou started to like her and she has no obligation to stay with him. What Saber wants to do is help save the thousands of people that died because of her, while Shirou only wants Saber to stay with him because he likes her. Who is more selfish?
Old 27-05-2006, 07:57 PM   #100   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

I guess in the end, the both of them are selfish for their own reasons, but I mean, come on man?! The guy is literally putting his body out there on the line for her and all she can think about is the past. I see him doing no wrong as he's trying to get her to move on and just live the life you have NOW. I actually feel real sorry for Emiya as he's constantly risking his life just so that she can abandon him just so she can re-write the past history. I'm pretty sure you watched episode 21 Ado. You can't tell me what Emiya did for her was nothing short of heroic. He could've given up easily, but he didn't. He stuck it out there for her yet he's to blame because he's willing to sacrifice himself and to fight on her behalf? I think it's really unfair. *Sigh* It's really hard situation for the both of them as they are indeed both selfish and stubborn. All the more reason for them to stay together, right?

Okay Ado, I have a question for you. If you were in Emiya's shoes right now, with emotions intact, how would you feel about what Saber is trying to do?
Old 28-05-2006, 10:34 PM   #101   [permalink]
Darklightz
Forum Elite

Yes we know Emiya risked his life plenty of time for Saber,but the reason Emiya is selfish is because he's telling her to abanddon her goal,abanddon her life and all that she is to stay with him.As Ado said,once the Holy Grail War is over Saber has no obligations to Emiya.

Emiya should try to understand Saber's feeling and instead of just telling her to forget her past like he's been doing all along just gently remind her that it is history now and to plan for the future,not for the past.

Emiya first need to get through his thick skull (and it is thick to have survived all these attacks),Saber is her own woman and 10 times stronger than he is so if he keeps thinking he can make her his damsel in distress he's got another thing coming.

Back to the story,Lancer was right,his Master is a coward,to have hidden the fact that he's participating in the War.So what was all that about the church providing sanctuary for Masters and Servants?All lies?
Old 29-05-2006, 12:03 AM   #102   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Again, I don't see the problem what Emiya is doing. What you guys seem to be ignoring is the fact if it wasn't for Emiya, Saber wouldn't even be in the position to even get the Holy Grail. Whom was the one that traced the Excalibur sword (I think I have the sword information wrong) to go against Berserker, whom was the one to create the scabbard for Saber to use? This is ridiculous? You can't sit here and tell me if that was you constantly having your body torn to shreads, being nearly oblivated and all, you wouldn't be doing the same thing as Emiya?

Saber is 10 times as strong? Again she would've been dead without Emiya. Right now she owes him that much. Her crying and get upset over something that has happen over several hundred years ago? Get out of here!! It's time to move on and get past that. She's completely using Emiya and that's what I hate here. Emiya had NO desire to be in this Holy Grail war, but yet he's doing his best and risking his life just so that she can have a chance at new happiness, but she spits it right back in his face? This complete crap!! Emiya deserves better than that and you know it!

I encourage you to watch episode 21 AGAIN to see the hell his body went through. To even have the courage and balls to stand up and fight. Tell me what he's asking Saber to do is wrong....You know what would really be messed up. If Emiya decided to say the hell with it and leave Saber to die. Then Saber would pratically be useless as her Noble Phantasm can't even phase Gilgamesh. *Sigh* I just hate watching guys getting used and abused like that and I'm sure (I hope) you guys don't like it either.

P.S. Sorry for the rant, but I find this to be a very unique situation.

Last edited by ACE2001; 29-05-2006 at 12:22 AM.
Old 29-05-2006, 04:36 PM   #103   [permalink]
Darklightz
Forum Elite

Originally Posted by ACE2001
but yet he's doing his best and risking his life just so that she can have a chance at new happiness
No,he first started doing it to stop the war,then he kept fighting to make Saber stay with him.

Yes you repeated enough times that Emiya saved Saber,but the reverse is true as well.Not only that Saber got beaten up too.And besides,while it is noble of Emiya to want to save Saber,that doesn't mean Saber owes him anything.Yes it sucks for Emiya that Saber wants to go back where she came from after the War,but that's how it is.

Again Emiya is selfish because he doesn't know or care about what Saber wants to do with her life.Has she ever expressed an interest in settling down and staying with Emiya?No,not even once.She said it herself,she's staying with him 1: Because he's her Master 2: She has no other place to go since she can't disappear like other Servants when not needed

Again,it doesn't matter how bad Emiya is beaten up,it doesn't mean Saber belongs to him.
Old 29-05-2006, 05:19 PM   #104   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Yes it does matter how bad Emiya is beaten up and he's Saber's MASTER. So, if he wanted to, he could very well use a command spell to order her to destroy the Holy Grail once again. Saber doesn't owe Emiya anything?! She owes him her life right NOW. Due to Emiya's attitude, she's still alive. I don't see why everyone is ignoring this fact like it's okay. He's been her Scabbard for the longest, taking more punishment than Saber has. She recognizes this, but yet it's not good enough for her? Her dreams wouldn't even be a reality without him.

And you saying Emiya selfish has already been established. Of course he's selfish, but for the right reasons. Like I asked Ado (which he didn't answer by the way) How would you feel if you gave your mind, body, and soul to a person only to have it dis-regarded as nothing more than you being a tool, a means to end? You would feel real sh!tty wouldn't you? I'm really not understanding the Emiya hate here, especially after episode 21. It's like he might as well not even got back up, but he did. He stood up against the King of Heroes when he was at his weakest with Saber lying helpless on the ground whining.....If anything Saber's selfishness could wind up getting them both killed. She is the one whom needs to understand what Emiya is going through. The pain he had to endure and all. I really do want to sympathize with Saber, but she is clearly being the most selfish.

Really, I'm starting to sound like a broken record here. We clearly have our own views on the situation. What really baffels me here is than NO ONE has praised Emiya for his efforts as of late. You have to admit he has improved a HELL OF ALOT since the first episode, yet all I keeping hearing is how selfish he is.. Jesus, what more does the guy have to do to earn your respect?This truly baffels me.
Old 29-05-2006, 08:06 PM   #105   [permalink]
Ado
Forum Junkie

Send a message via MSN to Ado
Quote:
Saber doesn't owe Emiya anything?! She owes him her life right NOW.
Without Saber he would've been killed by Lancer right at the start.
By the way, what are the right reasons to be selfish? What is he accomplishing by making Saber stay?
Quote:
like I asked Ado (which he didn't answer by the way)
I thought it was rhetorical. I think the answer should be obvious based on my stance here.

Besides

No one hates Shirou; I like him as a protagonist, but he's not perfect. He's just selfish, it's not really a bad thing, we're all selfish in some way; we all want what makes us most happy.