Old 29-05-2006, 08:43 PM   #106   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to ACE2001 Send a message via Yahoo to ACE2001
The way you guys keep talking about his selfishness makes him look really bad. Again, I really haven't heard any praise for him untill now....

Yes, Emiya would've been killed by Lancer if it wasn't for Saber, then again Saber would've been killed TWICE as many times if it wasn't for Emiya.

I guess I'll sum up my thoughts in this paragraph. I think they should be together. It's pretty obvious that Saber does want to be with Emiya, but yet she's fighting it so hard? Would her being with Emiya and a forgetting the past be a bad thing? I don't think so. She loves him, that's why she's being so stubborn about this, otherwise she would've been able to stand firm about her decision by now. To me, she is torturing herself over something that happen along time ago which wasn't her fault at all. She doesn't want to see what's right in front of her: A person that will make her happy and be willing to do anything for her. I understand her obligation, but it was in the past and should be left there. Nothing good ever comes out of trying to relive the past, we must move on with our lives. Emiya cares A LOT about Saber, otherwise Saber wouldn't be alive right now.

In the end, I guess I'm a romantic a heart. It was FATE that they met and it should be FATE that keeps them together. In the end, I don't think she'll leave Emiya because deep down she knows that she wants to be with him and by his side.
ACE2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2006, 08:57 PM   #107   [permalink]
Ado
Forum Junkie

Send a message via MSN to Ado
You're looking at this as though it is Saber's past, but it's her present. She traveled through time as a heroic spirit so she could get the holy grail and save the people in her time.

Let's say that you made a promise to someone and because you didn't keep your promise that person is dieing. You pray and pray and are given a chance to go to the future to get a medicine that can save this person. A lot of things happen there and a person from the future who likes you wants you to stay there. What are you to do?

It would be ideal for everyone's wishes to be fulfiled, but that's the theme of Fate/Stay Night: You can't save everyone, you can't make everyone happy. That is why the holy grail gives only one wish. Remember what Archer told Shirou in one of the earlier episodes, "Someday your ideals will lose to reality." That's what it's all about.
Old 29-05-2006, 09:18 PM   #108   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Believe me, I understand what you're saying Ado, but when I watched episode 21, it was pretty clear that she wants to stay with Shirou, otherwise she could've fought by herself.....actually no she can't!! Remember, in episode 20 when Emiya decided to "ditch" her at the bridge...She didn't know what to do with herself. She NEEDED Emiya to be there, not as her Master, but as a partner. She doesn't want to realize that being with Emiya wouldn't be a bad thing. Yes, she cares a great burden, but would it be horrible for her to abandon her pass for her to be happy?

Don't you see, this is LOVE here!! You guys make it sound like it's a bad thing. Would it really be wrong for them to stay together in the end?

Side Note: I haven't played the game, but apparently there are 3 different endings, so I'm not honestly sure what's going to happen at this point. There's no telling whom will claim the Holy Grail, so all of what I've said is kind of a moot point right now. There's still 3 episodes left, so anything can happen. There is no clear cut winner right now.

Last edited by ACE2001; 29-05-2006 at 09:21 PM.
Old 30-05-2006, 01:30 PM   #109   [permalink]
Darklightz
Forum Elite

It's not wrong for them together,but it's wrong of Emiya to expect Saber to stay with him.Stop repeating that Emiya got hurt for her it doesn't matter.Saber has her own life.Have you thought that Saber might have a family of her own back in Camelot?Her own friends and her own home.I don't think you realize what Emiya is demanding (he didn't ask,he demanded) of Saber.
Old 30-05-2006, 02:34 PM   #110   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

It does matter man...in case you haven't realized it yet IT TAKES TWO!! That's why they have come so far. Saber is the sword and Emiya is the Scabbard. Together they make an unbeatable combination especially with Emiya's courage. One is not strong without the other, otherwise Saber would've abandoned Emiya a long time ago. She had a life in the past. But this is now. She's trying so hard to fix the past that she doesn't realize the present. What is so wrong with living in the present?

I realize what Emiya is DOING. The thing you don't understand is that Saber wants the same thing, it's just that her emotions are torn right now. She has never been or experienced a situation like this, so of course she's getting all panicky and nervous. But the feelings are there, all she has to do is follow them. People make sacrifices for the ones they Love and Saber moving on from her past wouldn't be bad at all. She would be following her feelings.

In episode 21 when Emiya and Saber were alone, she couldn't push him away. You saw those tears...Those weren't tears of anger, those were tears of her knowing what's inside her heart but she's unsure right now. Her focus of couse is the Holy Grail. But I'm willing to bet that she will stay with Emiya at the end. Why? Because she loves him and love conquers all.

Man, can I get a little love for Emiya around here!!

Side Note: I'll say this again, there still 3 episodes left and the Holy Grail is up for graps, so it's a bit premature that Emiya and Saber will actually take it.

Last edited by ACE2001; 30-05-2006 at 02:38 PM.
Old 04-06-2006, 07:21 AM   #111   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Just finished episode 22.....alot of mysteries and thoughts were revealed this episode. One thing that is certain: Emiya and Saber are now on the same page! They talked about how to move on from the past, which I knew that Saber would choose to do. Another thing is that Emiya has the Scabbard inside him, so that's why he's been able to regenerate himself. That was quite a surprise. Kitsurugi ended up putting it inside him 10 years ago when the Holy Grail War took place and he was the last survivor.

Also, Kotomine has or had two Servants! He killed the orginal master and took the command spells which made Lancer his servant. Then he has Gilgamesh as his servant from the previous war. Guess that makes him the main bad guy now!!! More importantly, we figure out what the Holy Grail is truly is: A very powerful weapon that grants wishes, but at the same time causes great distruction as well, so guess what....Emiya and Saber are going to destroy it.

Honestly, it's not a real surprise how things are turning out as I've been predicting some of this stuff. But there's still 2 episodes left. I definately can't wait.

P.S. I told ya Ado and Darklightz. Saber and Emiya both understand what the past meant to them and now they (mainly Saber) are finally able to move forward and destroy the Holy Grail. I'm only hoping that they are able to find happiness together.
Old 04-06-2006, 10:03 AM   #112   [permalink]
Ado
Forum Junkie

Send a message via MSN to Ado
If they destroy it they can't be together
Old 04-06-2006, 01:26 PM   #113   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Hmm....we shall see. After all, there is a sequel after this series, so we'll see what happens then. I think things will work out for them.
Old 10-06-2006, 02:48 PM   #114   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Just finished episode 23.....pretty straightforward although I was suprised that Rin got beaten so easily by Kotomine. The Final Battle is at hand with Saber up against Gilgamesh and Emiya against Kotomine. I was also surprised that Ilya was the "Holy Grail" (Correct me if I'm wrong.) What kind of urked me a bit was why Kotomine wanted to possess the Holy Grail: just for entertainment?! I thought that was a bit retarded to me. This guy has become a complete wacko. In any case, Saber and Emiya are holding their own right now so I expect them to come out on top.

Man...only one episode left. Can't say how this will turn out as the game had three different endings so it's anyone's guess. I'm sure that the people whom played the game already know what's going to happen, but as for me, I can't wait!!
Old 17-06-2006, 04:18 PM   #115   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

..... There's an old saying, "All good things must come to an end."

I've finished watching the final episode. Simply put, it was a very beautiful and satisfying conclusion to this series. Saber never looked so much lovely as she did this episode. I was glad to hear that she loved Emiya, I nearly shed a couple of tears there. Everything pretty much returned back to normal with Rin, Sakura, Tiger-san, Ilya, and Emiya living their everyday normal lives. I was very pleased with the ending and have no real complaints. (Although I wished that Saber and Emiya would've ended up together, but it couldn't have ended in any other way.)

Man, it's so hard to say goodbye. It's definately been a fun ride as I've looked forward to watching and discussing each episode here. It's kind of funny as I've started this thread and now I may end up being the last one to post in it. Untill next time....